+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5934Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #5311
    Team DAN schmoo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo;2581703;
    Anyway I have a question: Is there anyone out there who owns a motor bike? And if so how do you like it? The reason why I ask is because my hubby is thinking about getting one no not a sport bike, but a cruiser.
    we have a H-D Ultra Classic Electra Glide - it's a lot of fun.
    I don't 'drive' myself anymore - tried that several years ago - didn't go well.
    But I'm quite happy on the back seat with hubby now.

  2. #5312
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2581828;
    Cold milk and a either a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich or a nice GREAT BIG piece of pie or cake... or a double chocolate fudge brownie.... *aw man I'm getting hungry*
    I'll be right over. You hit my weak spot!

    Doxie, I have the sandwich gene too. I'm too lazy to cut the crust off the PB&J, so I cut the sandwich or break it in half and eat up to the crust.

    When you say canned ham, is it the Deviled ham? I LOVE deviled ham and mayo sandwiches. My whole family were BIG sandwich eaters. My daughter HATES sandwiches. My favorite is still grilled cheese. NOTHING beats a great grilled cheese and mine has to be mashed flat while grilling.

    And my milk has to be cold and in a glass, no plastic or cardboard, could never drink straight out of the container. UGH! And if my child would come up and drink out of my glass of milk, it then became hers. I can't drink milk after someone. To me, milk HAS to be pure, not tainted. I used to pour it in a glass and put it in the freezer for 10 min. to get it REALLY cold. And here's the other thing. We use skim milk. I mostly use rice milk now, but I don't drink it. I use it in my cereal, smoothies, etc.
    But I can't drink skim. If I'm having a PB&J or brownie or cake, I need at least 2%, but whole milk is better. Skim is not for drinking!
    I did find out that I could pour 1/2 a glass of skim and then add half a glass of 1/2 and 1/2 and could get a glass of "real" milk.

    Speaking of milk, I kept smelling something bad. And I thought I had gone through the whole fridge looking. Well I had bought a small thing of heavy whipping cream a while back, used part of it and because its so small, it got hidden behind stuff and it soured and that was what I was smelling. YUCK. I have cleaned out the fridge and put in baking soda. I thought I would gag even trying to throw the old stuff away.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-22-2007 at 12:11 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  3. #5313
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,563

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I can't even drink FRESH milk, let alone any milk. I wish I had developed the taste for it, as it's so good for you calcium-wise. I just can't "stomach" it.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  4. #5314
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2582250;
    I can't even drink FRESH milk, let alone any milk. I wish I had developed the taste for it, as it's so good for you calcium-wise. I just can't "stomach" it.
    But you can get calcium added orange juice. See my recent post about my orange juice dilema in the recipe thread.

    I am ticked. Hubby was working a half day today. Was to be home in time for the Gator game which starts in 2 min. He won't be home until 3 now. So I'm now on a 3 hour game delay as I'm taping it to watch with him. I now have to avoid tv, radio and the internet so no one spoils the score for me.

    And on to stupid things I have done today.

    I use my crockpot at least 3-4 times a week. At least one of those times I forget to plug it in. I am making a roast for tonight. I got it marinading yesterday and precut and assembled everything else so all I had to do today was put it all in the crockpot. Just went to check on it and its not cooking because I forgot to plug it in. At least I caught it early. But you'd think I'd learn by now to check that!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #5315
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,563

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I've done that a few times before too, mrd! Except I probably didn't catch it in time as quickly as you did. My sister did that not too long ago with a roast in the crockpot, and had to throw it all out, because she left the house and it sat all morning.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  6. #5316
    Wonky snarkmistress Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Playing kickball for the beer
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,870

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2582140;
    gabriel! - you make me laugh. I remember in my wannabe hippie days we used to buy milk straight from the cow from local farmers (unpasturized). We took our own huge glass jars and then let the cream seperate. It tasted like cow. In the winter we left it in the pantry off the kitchen which wasn't insulated so cold like an icebox. Mind you, we didn't keep a thermometer out there. It's amazing I lived to tell the tale.
    My dad's family had a farm and when I was a kid, the milk came from the cows. And yeah, you had to skin the cream off. It might be why I hate the taste of milk, come to think of it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

  7. #5317
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,125

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2582250;
    I can't even drink FRESH milk, let alone any milk. I wish I had developed the taste for it, as it's so good for you calcium-wise. I just can't "stomach" it.
    High 5, sister! God created cheeses, ice cream, OJ, etc for a reason!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #5318
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,563

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    prhoshay.....*high five* Exactly!! Thank goodness for yogurt.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  9. #5319
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,070

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2581828;
    Cold milk and a either a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich or a nice GREAT BIG piece of pie or cake... or a double chocolate fudge brownie.... *aw man I'm getting hungry*

    Yes! yes! The only way i drink milk is with my ice coffee, cookies or cake. Alone, nah.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  10. #5320
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,959

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2582363;
    High 5, sister! God created cheeses, ice cream, OJ, etc for a reason!!
    ... and pudding!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.