+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7276Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good Job My Rosie Dog.
    Anyway I have a question: Is there anyone out there who owns a motor bike? And if so how do you like it? The reason why I ask is because my hubby is thinking about getting one no not a sport bike, but a cruiser.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2581599;
    I dunno, three miles is an awfully long way from home when you're only a teenager.

It's even better to set boundaries, Ms Worked-in-the-Title-Business
    Boundaries are good for surveyors, title closers, teenagers and especially Mother-in-laws!

Lois, I love you! You are always so positive and put such a good spin on things. But no, they knew it was a friend of ours providing a favor, not a regular mechanic. She wanted the dad along in case he had a flat tire I guess. Who knows. My daughter says that the boyfriend says (don't you love that) that his mom is very controlling and that she has done this with his older brother and his wife and family to the point where they don't see them very often even though they only live 2 hours away. Sounds to me like she's pushing this kid out too with her wanting to control everything he does. He told my daughter that's why he likes us, we are so "laid back". HA! If he only knew!
    But I guess we are compared to a lot of parents. And his mother is old enough to be MY mother. NO lie! He's 18, she's 64 and I'm 45. So it might be her age, he's her baby, etc.

I'm just ticked that she had the nerve to call MY daughter who is NOT married to this boy, who is still a minor, living with her OWN parents and complain about it. But my daughter did good. And she made me proud.
    And I didn't have to go all bad A** on the mom which doesn't do my blood pressure any good.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-21-2007 at 07:10 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2581472;
    I don't like the taste of milk here, and can hardly wait to visit Canada. It is the first thing I drink when I get in the door
    That made me laugh! My sister and my mom just came back from Italy and after the light lunch I made them, they didn't want coffee. They wanted a tall glass of milk. Milk in Italy sucks. It's in tetra packs, which you keep in the cupboards until you open it. The taste is completely different.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2581737;
    That made me laugh! My sister and my mom just came back from Italy and after the light lunch I made them, they didn't want coffee. They wanted a tall glass of milk. Milk in Italy sucks. It's in tetra packs, which you keep in the cupboards until you open it. The taste is completely different.
    And they serve it warm if you ask for a glass or get cereal in the morning. UGH, I hated that hot milk. I don't remember it being in those packs though, but I was there a LONG time ago.

Everytime I came home from a trip overseas, I always wanted a hamburger and a glass of milk, so it must not have been good milk anywhere I went.

Thanks for reminding me of that memory.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2581742;
    And they serve it warm if you ask for a glass or get cereal in the morning. UGH, I hated that hot milk. I don't remember it being in those packs though, but I was there a LONG time ago.
    That's actually the only way I would drink it. Warm, with coffee in it (like a caffe latte) and plenty of hard cookies to dip. Great breakfast, but it doesn't satisfy that cold glass of milk craving.

I'm a huge milk drinker/lover, and the first thing I'd do after backpacking was pour myself a glass of cold milk. The only time I've noticed a certain brand of milk tasting funny was when we bought milk from Costco. I was sure it was sour and exchanged it for another gallon, but the taste was the same, and I realized it wasn't sour but had a sweet taste to it. Blech. I'm a quick learner, though, returned the second gallon and have never bought Costco milk again.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gross, gross, gross!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cold milk and a either a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich or a nice GREAT BIG piece of pie or cake... or a double chocolate fudge brownie.... *aw man I'm getting hungry*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I don't drink milk that often. When I do, it has to be very cold and fresh. I agree with Gabriel about the PB&J sandwich and a glass of cold milk. My PB&J must be crustless and on white bread. My Dad is 70 and I apparently inherited this from him. Mom says that she's been cutting the crust off of sandwiches for the last 45 years since she married my Dad. Apparently there is a "sandwich gene". Daddy and I also both love BLTs (I leave off the T ). Our other favorite is ham salad (canned ham, mustard, diced dill pickles and a tiny bit of mayo). Daddy likes it on sandwiches but I think it is better on crackers. My brother totally does not have the sandwich gene. He hates PB&J, ham salad and any other type of sandwich except for a cheeseburger.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

gabriel! - you make me laugh. I remember in my wannabe hippie days we used to buy milk straight from the cow from local farmers (unpasturized). We took our own huge glass jars and then let the cream seperate. It tasted like cow. In the winter we left it in the pantry off the kitchen which wasn't insulated so cold like an icebox. Mind you, we didn't keep a thermometer out there. It's amazing I lived to tell the tale.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread