+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6539Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

This is tv related, but it is a peeve, so I'm posting it here.

There is tv I watch, and tv I tape. I usually tape my favourites because I prefer to watch them on the weekend during my down time (and also ff through commercials) rather than catch them on the fly during the week when I'm trying to get other things done.

So I generally end up with a big stockpile of videos by season's end that I watch throughout the summer. Last week I reached the end of last season's taping only to find that I had somehow recorded over the tape of the final episodes of a number of shows - the series finale of Veronica Mars, the last episode of Criminal Minds with Mandy Patinkin, and a few other shows that I won't admit to the world at large that I watch (one of which I somehow screwed up taping last year, so two years in a row I missed a cliffhanger).

I am so annoyed.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Rattus, my VCR isn't recording the shows I have programmed either. I missed "Prison Break" and "Damages" because of this and had to watch the former online and the latter when it was repeated last night (thanks goodness F/X repeats "Damages" about 12 times each week!).

chrelsey, the stupid salesman should've offered to refund the delivery charge but since he didn't, you shouldn't feel bad about asking. They should also make your delivery the first thing in the morning, at the very least. Sending out the furniture, but not the nuts and bolts to put it together is unacceptable! Sheesh! It's like a restaurant sending out raw food and telling you to cook it yourself--but not even providing you with any utensils or pots and pan! Unbelievable! I hope your furniture is set up today and that you love it so much you're able to forget about this...

Thanks to everyone for your advice on the refund of the delivery fee.

Here's the latest and greatest in our saga . . .

The salesman told me last night that he would call me by 9:30 this morning. At 9:00 a.m. Mr. C called the manager of the store - who was "unavailable" last night. He was told that she was on the other line and would call him right back. Around 10:00 a.m. Mr. C and I left to go run an errand, which happened to take us right by the store where we bought the furniture. Since the manager had never called him back (it must have been a long call she was on), and since the salesman had never called me this morning as he said he would - we decided to just go in and make them face us in person.

Our salesman walked up to us, welcomed us to the store, asked if we had ever been there before, and then introduced himself. You should have seen his face when we introduced ourselves - it was priceless! We asked to see the manager, and without even going to the back (where she was) he told us that she was on another line and would be available shortly. I said that Mr. C had called an hour-and-a-half ago and was told the same thing, and that we would appreciate it if he would let her know we were there. He went to the back, and wouldn't you know it - she must have just hung up the phone because she came right out!

Long story short - the warehouse told her that they had the hardware, but it would be Saturday before they could get it to us. She told them that wouldn't work, and proceeded to talk to them for the next 20 or so minutes. She told us that either they would bring the parts to us today, or that she would personally take the bed apart in their store and bring the parts to us. We said all we wanted were the parts - it's only 8 screws - and that we would put the bed together ourselves if need be. She said she would call us back and let us know after the warehouse manager called her back. We left to run our errand, and while we were out I got a call from the warehouse manager. She said that someone would be out between 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. tonight. I told her that we would be home only until 6 p.m., as we have another commitment for this evening, and that if he arrived and we weren't here, then he was to leave the parts on our front porch.

So . . . the bed is still in pieces and we are waiting . . . we'll see what happens!

Oh, and about the refund - before we even got to the store this morning, the manager had already refunded the delivery fee and gave us a copy of the refund. I guess Mr. C said something to the salesman about it last night, and it was nice that it was already taken care of and that we didn't have to press the issue today. Yea!

Now if we can only get those 8 screws . . .
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2580262;
    Now if we can only get those 8 screws . . .
    Seems only fair since they've screwed you over royally! I hate when people don't call back when they say they will...and I wish I could've seen the salesman's face!

MRD

I would have loved to have seen the salesman's face too.

Seems like the problem lies with the salesman rather than the manager. She sounded like she was aware and on top of the problem, but he was being a horse's behind about everything. I sure hope the manager does a little customer service training with him.

Hope you got the bed put together.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just had to share this with somebody! I bought a quart of 2% milk at the beginning of August. It just got all used to today!!! As my son used to say....."E-mazing!!!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Um, eeewww. After so long was it still good? I mean, milk around here usually spoils after about 10 days or so. Did you do the sniff test? I hope so, 'shay, really I do! Two month old milk is scary!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, of course I sniffed it. The only idiot my mother had was my sister!! Do you honestly think I'd use bad milk??? I'm telling you it was amazing!!! Ever since I switched brands, the milk has been lasting much, much longer. It has to be in the packaging.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Okay, then, by all means please pretty-please share your brand name, because with as little milk as I drink, and as sky-high as the prices are around here anymore, I'd love to be able to finish a carton before it goes bad. I'm NOT a milk drinker, but I have to have it in the fridge for cooking, etc. Besides, the fridge feels not quite right without a carton of milk in there, sort of like I forgot something on the shopping list.

(And in no way was I implying you were an idiot! I just thought maybe in a moment of abandon and eagerness, you drank without sniffing first. I've know people to do that. An ex-boyfriend of mine comes to mind...)

remote, I hate milk actually and force myself to drink it sometimes for nutritional value. But for cooking, I keep powdered milk in the pantry and mix it with water when I need milk for recipes. I also make buttermilk by adding vinegar or lemon juice to the milk concoction. I've tried it in cakes etc. and it tastes just as good as if I had used regular milk or buttermilk. The powdered stuff lasts forever and it's so nice to be able to make pancakes or what not without having to run to the store for milk!

+ Reply to Thread