+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6763Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2578771;
    Just think of it this way...if the roach was swimming in boiling hot coffee, it's probably OK! Same with fried chicken!

Did that make you feel any better?
    There is a roach who can survive boiling and broiling, and that should make us feel better? The only thing worse than a roach is a super-roach!!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

My good friend and her husband had several really horrible experiences at Chili's. One night, someone at their table found the order ticket in his salad, under the dressing. Another night, my friend's husband found a bolt in his entree. They ended up getting comped their dinners in both instances (and at least one other). I asked them why they keep going back if they have such bad experiences and they said "Well, they keep giving us free food. We thought it was worth the risk"

I've never had really bad experiences with eating out. Once though, at some sports bar/Chili's/Applebee's kind of place in Virginia, my then boyfriend and I waited 45 minutes for the waitress to come with our check. We asked several other employees to locate her and then they disappeared as well. I can only imagine that there was a sort of culinary Bermuda Triangle going on in the kitchen. I did end up leaving money for the food, even though my boyfriend told me I shouldn't. I didn't think the restaurant should be punished for their servers. I didn't leave a cent more than the price on the menu though. The food was actually very good. I kept threatening to write a letter of complaint, but I never did. Probably should have.

Unk - "Well then have a bad day ma'am." I would have applauded you too!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

I have to say that my good experiences eating out outweight the bad ones.
    We once had such fantastic service from such a super, friendly, loving waitress (our daughter was about six and she treated her like a princess) that we ended up tipping her MORE than the total bill. AND I sought out the manager to praise her. The manager told us that she had been with them for about 15 years and that she was the best server they had and she was ALWAYS getting compliments about her. She was gold let me tell you.

Also have had servers bring out my childs food before ours or bring her a dish of black olives without us asking for it or charging us for it. That ranks right up there as you know they must have kids and know that little kids are HUNGRY and can't wait.

And when I do get outstanding service, I not only tip well, but I will tell the manager AND I will get on the website (if its a chain) and tell them about it too. I will ALWAYS get the name of the servers and use it when I compliment or complain about them.

I even got a call from the Olive Garden manager once who had apparantly gotten an email from corporate where I raved about our server. The manager just called to thank me. He sounded so impressed that we had taken the trouble to say something GOOD, that he wanted to follow up with a personal phone call. Needless to say, we continued to eat at that location.

(yes, you can tell that we like Olive Garden and eat there often. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

This is too funny . . .

I've been sitting here today reading everyone's customer service nightmares, sympathizing - and sometimes laughing - along with ya'll. I mean, we've all "been there, done that."

But as I was reading the thread this afternoon, Mr. C and I were in the process of having furniture delivered. Now, we don't have the best of luck with furniture companies. We bought a small sectional back in June for our media room in the new house we bought a few months back (thus uprooting me from the only city I had ever lived in for the entire 43 years of my life - but I digress . . . ), and in the first three months following the purchase of our new sectional we had to have it repaired three times, then replaced with a new identical set that also arrived damaged, exchanged the second damaged set for something totally different in the store - which also arrived damaged - and then we finally just gave up on them and got a refund. I have to admit, though, their customer service through that ordeal was impeccable.

So what is my complaint? You've probably guessed it's not restaurant-related, but apparently poor customer service extends to the furniture industry as well. As I said above, as I was reading this thread we were literally having furniture delivered. No - not for the media room - we finally went to Sams and found leather reclining loveseats that are working out just fine - but new bedroom furniture. Mr. C and I have been married almost 8 years, and we always had a hodpodge of furniture in our bedroom . . . some from my first marriage, some from his - so we were excited to get a set that was just ours. We looked forever - I mean FOREVER - and to insure that we got really good quality furniture this time around, we bypassed all of the chain stores in our area, and spent a little bit more money on a beautiful set from Lane. They said it would take 2-4 weeks to get it - we said "no problem."

So when we got the call that they would be out today we disassembled our bed, deflated our sleep number mattress, and emptied out our room - per their instructions. We were set for delivery between 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. today. We both work from home, so we said that would be fine. They called at almost 6:00 p.m. to let us know they were running late. Again, we said that is fine - that we'd be here when they got here.

So they get here, and it seems to be taking a little bit longer than I thought it should - but that might be because I was closed up in my office upstairs with the three dogs who wouldn't stop barking. So I go downstairs to see what's up, just to find that there is a problem. Did I mention that we don't have good luck when it comes to furniture? Well, it seems that when they shipped our bed down here they didn't think we actually needed the hardware that holds it all together. Needless to say, the delivery guy (who was beyond nice and helpful) couldn't put the bed together. So he gets on the phone with the salesman at the store, who then wants to talk to Mr. C, and tells him that there is nothing he can do, and that maybe they can fit us in sometime on Friday afternoon - maybe. I say that is not acceptable. Mr. C asks the salesman if he is serious that we are expected to sleep on our floor - since we took our bed apart per their instructions - to which the salesman replies, "Well, what do you want me to do - take tomorrow off and personally come out there?" Let me point out (althought I'm sure you picked up on it) that he was being very sarcastic at this point - it wasn't a serious offer. I mentioned to Mr. C that there was a bed in the showroom that was put together just fine - and couldn't they simply take that hardware and put our bed together with it. The salesman didn't like that suggestion.

As he is again explaining to my husband why they just can't take care of us until Friday (after all, they have other customers who need their furniture), I must have looked like I was about to blow because Mr. C handed me the phone so that I can talk to him. Let me just say that I am a firm believer in the old adage that "You catch more flies with honey" - so even though I am livid, I start out nice. That lasted, oh, maybe 60 seconds. I finally told the salesman that the solution he was proposing was unacceptable, and that when you mess up a customer, you don't just try to "fit them in" a couple of days later - when it is more convenient for you - you make them a priority and put them at the top of the list. He then said that he would take the bed apart in the store, bring the parts out himself, and put the bed together tonight. I thanked him and let him know that we'd be here, but then we got a phone call about 10 minutes later saying that there wasn't an allen wrench to be found in the store which meant he couldn't take that bed apart, and that he couldn't make it.

I again asked him what he was going to do to resolve this problem, and he said he would look into it tomorrow. "Look into it" . . . not, "fix it" - just "look into it." I told him (again) that it was totally unacceptable, and that I didn't appreciate being treated like a second-class customer. He said that was never his intention. I explained that we are not unreasonable people - we realize that mistakes happen and that we have learned in the coures of life that one has to be flexible. But, I told him, when you have a customer whom you have totally messed up with - you don't treat them like leftovers - you make them a priority. I told him that is where he went wrong with me. If there was a legitimate reason why they couldn't come out until Friday night - like if it was going to take that long to order parts and get them in - well, I wouldn't have been happy, but I would have understood and I wouldn't have been upset with him. But to imply that we were inconveniencing them and therefore we would just have to wait for it to fit their schedule - well, that's where I lost it.

Needless to say we got his supervisors name and number, and she will be getting a call tomorrow morning first thing. So "What do I want?" I want my bed put together so that I don't have to sleep on the floor. Mr. C said that he is going to ask that our delivery fee be refunded - because the only reason we paid extra for delivery was so that we wouldn't have to hassle with everything and be inconvenienced, and he feels inconvenienced. But I don't know . . . do you think it is unreasonable to ask for the delivery fee to be refunded?
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2579412;
    ....do you think it is unreasonable to ask for the delivery fee to be refunded?
    Not in the slightest. I would have offered it up 1st thing had I been the salesman.

I think it is perfectly reasonable. I am betting the supervisor won't be too impressed with her employees behavior, either. Let us know what happens.

Wow! This stuff is better than a soap opera!
    (waiting to hear rest of delivery saga. . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2578925;
    There is a roach who can survive boiling and broiling, and that should make us feel better? The only thing worse than a roach is a super-roach!!
    Super roach? As in the ones that fly? Unfortunately i've seen it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Definitely try to get the delivery charge refunded. You are more than entitled to it for all your troubles.

I really hope someone comes by tomorrow and gets it all set up for you. I would still write a letter of complaint to the company. Maybe they will actually send you coupons or vouchers for so much off your next purchase. Even if it is just a lamp or something, you know?

I am the type of person who always "thinks" of things I should have done or said well after the fact. But reading your saga, I might have said, "Okay, you can't get to me until Friday......what hotel are you going to put me up in until then?" I'd have loved to have heard what his answer would be!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2579623;
    Definitely try to get the delivery charge refunded. You are more than entitled to it for all your troubles.

I really hope someone comes by tomorrow and gets it all set up for you. I would still write a letter of complaint to the company. Maybe they will actually send you coupons or vouchers for so much off your next purchase. Even if it is just a lamp or something, you know?

I am the type of person who always "thinks" of things I should have done or said well after the fact. But reading your saga, I might have said, "Okay, you can't get to me until Friday......what hotel are you going to put me up in until then?" I'd have loved to have heard what his answer would be!
    Oh MamaC, great minds think alike! That is exactly what I was thinking too as I read the delivery saga.

I wouldn't hesitate to ask that the delivery fee be refunded. It's not like they were delivering living room furniture. They TOLD you to empty your bedroom and you did and then you had no where to sleep. I would definetly be asking for something for the inconvenience and the snarky attitude of the salesman.

Keep us posted on the outcome
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread