+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Glad you're back Miss Kitty. We've missed you.

Unk, I love it! "then have a bad day!". I wish I could have been there to see that.

I hate scammers and she sounds like she is definetly scamming restaurants in your area. Wouldn't surprise me if she was just phoning from her cell phone from around the block and never even went home in the first place, figuring she would get some free food out of it.

I don't expect free food. But I do expect a certain level of service and that I will be able to eat my meal and not have to keep sending it back to the kitchen until they actually give me the meal I ordered. We had horrible service at an Olive Garden a couple years ago and after waiting forever and still not getting our food, watching people that had come in AFTER us leaving after tjey had eaten, I got up and hunted down the manager as the server had disappeared. I asked for the check as we were ready to leave (had filled up on the breadsticks and salad by this point). He kept insisting that our food was ready and we should stay. We said, no, we're full, we're tired, we've been here almost 2 hours and we want to go home. "But what about your food?" " keep it, but take it off the bill. We'll pay for our drinks and the salad, but we just want to go home" He then said: Ok, I will get your check. He came back with a HUGE to go bag with our meals packaged up to take home and presented it to us and said, "I'm sorry that your experience was not a good one, please accept the food and I've taken care of the rest of the check". First off, I did not complain to get free food. We were prepared to pay for what we had eaten. We just wanted to get a check so we could pay and get out of there. Secondly, he was very apologetic and did this on his own without our even asking, so that went a long way and we still eat at the Olive Garden and have had great experinces since then.
    But we don't get to eat out often and when we do, we expect that for the money we are spending, we want the food and service to be good. It doesn't even have to be great, just good. It's our money and we decide where we spend it and if we get treated badly, then we don't spend it there again.
    And I know that all restaurants and servers and managers have off nights. Everyone does. But again, if I only get to eat out once a month, then its a special treat for us and I want it to be a pleasant experience, not a bad one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wow, this really reminds me of reading the incident reports that we get at Chili's. Some people try to do anything to get free food.

The mussel story made me laugh. The fly story was a great one.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2577440;
    I do that quite often. Not because I'm trying to get off easier but I truly want to know what will make my unsatisfied customer happy. If I hear an unreasonable response like $1000 I just laugh it off with a "I sure wish I could do that for you but I don't think the owner would let me get by with it." I'm usually a pretty good judge of who is out to get something for nothing from a legitimate complaint.
    But don't you think that the establishment should simply offer to make a replacement for whatever the complaint was about--it makes us feel like we're begging, even if we're in the right and it wasn't your intention to make us feel uncomfortable. As a customer, I think it's unreasonable that a manager is asking what would make me happy when I've told him what made me unhappy. It doesn't take much conjecture to realize that correcting the mistake would most likely make me happy. If the soda was too watered down, offer to replace it with a fresh one. If the complaint was that an entree was incorrect, replace it with the right one. If an order was missing (and paid for), offer a credit on the next order or a discount with the current one. And then if the customer still complains, ask them what would make them happy since at that point, it's more likely you're dealing with a scammer. As a customer, I hate being asked what would make me happy when the answer is pretty danged obvious (see examples above). I don't think it takes much to make most people happy--just a little courtesy and fairness. I'm sure you ask in a sincere and polite way, Unk, but many times it's delivered in a condescending way by others.

I've eaten at some nice restaurants where there has been hair in my meal (and only in one instance, a small fly in my soup; McDonald's also served me a soda with a fly that got caught in my straw...must not think about that). Not my hair either. It won't kill anyone to eat a strand of hair, it's just gross. But I remember at one place, the waitress actually said, "It's protein. It's good for you." I think the, "What can I do to make you happy?" question was incredibly stupid at this point. Do you really have to ask? I actually had to TELL HER to replace it, please. And then she did. She was polite about it, but just a complete and utter moron. And so was I. I still left her a good tip 'cause I feel really bad about not tipping well, even when it's not deserved.

And just so you all know...These cases are rare for me. 95% of the time that I eat or order out, things go really well!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-19-2007 at 11:43 AM.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2578580;
    I've eaten at some nice restaurants where there has been hair in my meal (and only in one instance, a small fly in my soup; McDonald's also served me a soda with a fly that got caught in my straw...must not think about that). Not my hair either. It won't kill anyone to eat a strand of hair, it's just gross. But I remember at one place, the waitress actually said, "It's protein. It's good for you."

Oh my goodness, Lois, this just cracks me up!! I would have likely told the waitress that if it was so good for you then she could eat all the hair she wanted. Yuck. The fly in the straw is a classic.

I had a floating roach in a cup of coffee once, ordered at my favorite (at the time - haven't been back since) mom'n'pop diner with the very best chicken fried steak in the entire world. I had already drank half the cup when I noticed it... Oh, I can't even think about it, either! I really wish I was the kind of person who could get over it, because I sure do miss that chicken fry.

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2578688;
    I really wish I was the kind of person who could get over it, because I sure do miss that chicken fry.
    Just think of it this way...if the roach was swimming in boiling hot coffee, it's probably OK! Same with fried chicken!

Did that make you feel any better?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I've eaten at some nice restaurants where there has been hair in my meal (and only in one instance, a small fly in my soup; McDonald's also served me a soda with a fly that got caught in my straw...must not think about that).
    This is classic. I thought these things only happened in the movies.

Thanks for confirming an albeit dire truth. I have a thing for buffets, may this not happen there.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2578580;
    But don't you think that the establishment should simply offer to make a replacement for whatever the complaint was about--it makes us feel like we're begging, even if we're in the right and it wasn't your intention to make us feel uncomfortable.
    Offering to remake the meal 9 times out of 10 is not what the customer wants. At this point there are several options:
    !. Remake the meal
    2. Order something different
    3. Get nothing
    4. Have just a dessert
    My reasoning behind asking what it would take is to make you feel like you got what you truly wanted, not what I forced on you. Make the person feel like they are in control of the situation. Eliminates lots of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2578891;
    Offering to remake the meal 9 times out of 10 is not what the customer wants.
    Now I'm curious...what do the customers want? (Money?)

The other options I listed.
    2. Order something different
    3. Get nothing
    4. Have just a dessert
    By remaking the meal I'm talking about the same exact thing. Most do not want the same exact thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2577250;
    This is too funny, Lois. What an idiot! Seriously, my eyes are wattery right now. This is the funniest thing i've read in a while.
    I'm glad. The man obviously wasn't intending on giving me a hard time. He just had no clue that what he was saying made absolutely no sense. How could a customer know which items on their menu aren't available unless someone tells them?

+ Reply to Thread