+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have found that a lot of customer service people these days actually make you ask for a refund instead of offering it to you. Several times, instead of saying, "We're sorry. We will refund your missing item," I've heard this, "What would make you happy?" They're counting on the fact that most of us will be too uncomfortable to ask for anything. I know I hate outright asking for anything... but I've gotten bolder now 'cause that is such an irritating question. Now I say, "$1,000 should make me happy." I'm not expecting $1,000, but that usually startles them. And then they'll meekly offer a gift card for $25. Fine, whatever. Why couldn't you just offer that to begin with instead of going through this stupid song and dance?

PMG, I've had some places offer to credit a certain dish on our next order. Then when I call for our next order, the person has no idea what I'm talking about. Which is why these days, I take down the person's name, the time I called, the day etc. Like I said before, I know that mistakes happen and sometimes it will just be my turn to be the recipient of that mistake...but come on. I am sure that on the flip side, many restaurants have been victims of people scamming free stuff. But I order from this Italian restaurant at least once a week. They know me by sight, if not by name...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-18-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Lois Lane - To me, this is a classic example of someone who hears one thing (in this case "mussels") and didn't bother listening to anything else you said. All he heard was "mussels" and his standard answer was that they didn't have any. I think that's what's wrong with so many people today - they're so busy talking, that they don't bother to listen!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Manager: We don't have mussels today. No mussels at all.

Me: OK, but why didn't they tell us that when we called in the order? Or at the very least, why didn't they call us back to ask if we wanted something in its place?

Manager: We don't have any mussels. None at all. We discussed this in our morning and afternoon meetings.

Me: I wasn't at your meetings. Why did you give us bruschetta if you didn't have mussels?

Manager: We didn't have any mussels today.
    This is too funny, Lois. What an idiot! Seriously, my eyes are wattery right now. This is the funniest thing i've read in a while.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Manager: We don't have any mussels. None at all. We discussed this in our morning and afternoon meetings.

Me: I wasn't at your meetings. Why did you give us bruschetta if you didn't have mussels?

Manager: We didn't have any mussels today.
    Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger. Chips, no fries. Pepsi, no coke. Bruschetta, bruschetta, bruschetta. No mussels. Bruschetta.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm laughing, Lois because I ordered an avocado salad recently at South of the Border and got lettuce. When I finally got up and hunted down the waitress (because she never came back) she told me there weren't any ripe avocados that day. Hello!!? Then why didn't you tell me when I ordered the AVOCADO salad? She eventually brought me a paper thin slice of an un-ripe avocado... and charged me full price. She didn't get a tip.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2577264;
    Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger. Chips, no fries. Pepsi, no coke. Bruschetta, bruschetta, bruschetta. No mussels. Bruschetta.

I actually spit my drink at the computer! Yes, that is exactly what Lois went through. Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite SNL skits.

Lois, I'll have to remember that idea of saying $1000 would make me happy.

I have had several bad meals and several places we won't return too because of not the bad meal, but the really bad attitudes. However, only one time in my life have I ever said to a manager: "I am NOT paying for this meal". I didn't either. I handed him the receipt, told him what happened and that I was not paying and I got up and left. He never said a word and rightly so as that experience was truly a nightmare (way too long to go into but in involved among other things me sending back my meal THREE times because they brought me the wrong meal THREE times. There was other problems too like people in our party getting wrong sides, etc.).
    Usually when I ask to speak to a manager, they have offered to comp us either the whole meal or part of it, or give us free dessert, etc. I usually tell them what problem we had and go from there. Like I said only one time have I said out front that I refused to pay. And I'm not looking for free meals, but that one time was so inexcusable, that I would have risked getting arrested for walking out because I absolutely was NOT paying AT ALL!!!!

Let me just add that I get REALLY cranky when I'm hungry and as I did NOT eat that night after sending back the wrong meal 3 times, I was REALLY cranky!!!!
    Last edited by MRD; 09-18-2007 at 05:06 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've heard this, "What would make you happy?"
    I do that quite often. Not because I'm trying to get off easier but I truly want to know what will make my unsatisfied customer happy. If I hear an unreasonable response like $1000 I just laugh it off with a "I sure wish I could do that for you but I don't think the owner would let me get by with it." I'm usually a pretty good judge of who is out to get something for nothing from a legitimate complaint.
    Here's a classic that just happened yesterday. Lady calls on the phone. "I just picked up a breakfast, got it home, opened the box and a bunch of flies flew out of the box. I want to come get another one and give me another extra one for my trouble."
    Me: "Really? A bunch of flies? Big flies, small flies about how many?"
    Her: "4 big black flies. I want another breakfast too free for my trouble."
    As I continue to offer to replace just her breakfast because I know there is no way in hell I packaged a meal with "4 big black flies" in it she keeps asking for more.
    Her: "When this happened to us with Pizza Hut they gave us 2 pizzas."
    Me: "Well ma'am, I'm not going to do that, I'll replace your meal."
    She showed up insisting that I give her 2 meals which I refused to do. She did bring back the original meal. I told her I could not be responsible for the meal after it leaves my restaurant and how do I or she know that the flies didn't get in at her house or in her car. "I have a new car."
    She threatens to "Turn you in."
    Me: "Turn me in to who ma'am?"
    Her: "!0 TV, that's who."
    I still refuse she storms out, I tell her "Have a nice day" in the sickeningly sweet voice I've been using.
    Her: "Don't tell me to have a nice day."
    Me: "Well then have a bad day ma'am."
    My customers in the restaurant applauded me.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2577440;
    My customers in the restaurant applauded me.
    I do too--I hate it when obnoxious people try to get a meal or goods free, or bully the employees in a store, or...well, you get it. Now, if there really is a problem, I'll point it out and expect it to be fixed... but I don't lie and I'm not an ass about it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hi everyone!

I'm back and I'm fine and I've missed everyone and everything that has been going on. I've had the busiest summer ever!

Besides painting the house, I've helped two neighbors with garage sales as they are moving, completed a bodyart submission for next years Canadian Bodyart Championships competition, taken another bodypainting class, and completed my first professional facepainting gig which lasted 4hours! That, along with seeing my sweetie, entertaining visiting relatives (his) from Germany, keeping up with family obligations.

In addition to, but not excluding, keeping my beloved Mr. Tootles and Graciekins happy throughout it all.

Now that things have settled somewhat, I will try to catch up on what has been going on in many threads.

So congrats on all your happy news, prayers sent to all who have had bad news, belated Happy Birthdays, and Woo Hoo for everything in between!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Glad to see you again, misskitty
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread