+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks for the tips, shay and Ellen!! My daughter is a Freshman Early Childhood Education major with a requirement to tutor 2-hours per week at a local elementary school. She starts next week and I'm going to remind her to "Purell" frequently!!!

Her doctor's office isn't getting the flu shots in until the middle of October.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I did just learn that there is a live, weakened virus in the vaccine given through the nasal spray. You have to be in good health, and between the ages of 5 and 49 years of age. Once you get vaccinated, your body makes protective antibodies in about two weeks with either vaccine, so there is no immediate "I'm good!".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2565641;
    I did just learn that there is a live, weakened virus in the vaccine given through the nasal spray. You have to be in good health, and between the ages of 5 and 49 years of age. Once you get vaccinated, your body makes protective antibodies in about two weeks with either vaccine, so there is no immediate "I'm good!".
    I knew about the two week wait until you are "good". This is the earliest I've ever gotten one. Usually I don't get them until Oct. But like i said, I was in the right place at the right time this year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2565230;
    Not that beating up anyone isn't horrible...but to me, beating up the elderly and children is just low, low, low! Wasn't it enough to steal from her? They had to torture her as well by pouring bleach on her? I hope their babies are take away from them and adopted out to loving parents who will give them better lives... How is the elderly lady doing? I hope she'll make it...

I remember seeing a video from a security camera on the news of a bunch of thugs BEATING an elderly man (I think he was in his late 80s, early 90s) because he wouldn't GIVE them his car that they wanted to steal. There were other people around and no one did anything to help this poor man.

I love it when criminals target an elderly person who turns out to be a former Navy SEAL! (Wait, I don't mean I want them to get attacked, but I do love it when a victim fights back and hurts the criminal!)

Remarkably, the 89-year-old woman was treated and released from the hospital last night! But there was so much blood on the driveway that the fire dept. had to come and hose it off! These creeps poured the bleach in her eyes! Despicable. (And these Einsteins may have actually gotten that idea from a local case last summer where a guy poured bleach into the eyes of his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter because she wouldn't stop crying. Both the guy and the girl's mother are now in jail for the long haul and her 3 kids are now living with their biological fathers. The little girl has miraculously recovered her eyesight.)

When the thieves left the woman, they crashed the car into a low brick wall on the property. A neighbor heard that noise (and probably figured the elderly woman missed her turn!) and looked out to see the woman lying on the ground. The neighbor ran over and called 911. The elderly woman was conscious and more concerned about her groceries and keys to her house than anything else.

The babies were taken away by DCS...stat! And in today's paper, both have been in trouble with the law before. One of them was arrested a few months ago for another robbery!

I see the big house in the future for these two....and deservedly so!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2566186;
    The babies were taken away by DCS...stat! And in today's paper, both have been in trouble with the law before. One of them was arrested a few months ago for another robbery!

I see the big house in the future for these two....and deservedly so!
    As if this story wasn't horrendous enough, the part I bolded just makes me even sicker to my stomach. When I hear about terrible, and completely senseless crimes, where the perpetrators are repeat offenders it chips away at my faith in any justice system.

(Not to say that first time offences are any less grave)

FORT Fan

I wanted to include this in "cutest things kids say" but this isn't a kid. So i wasn't sure if it counted.

Before Aunt Ruth there was Aunt Edna. Edna was sweet, but very nervous person and not very Smart. She was sort of like Rose Nyland from Golden Girls.

My relatives told me once when the Jerry Lee Lewis telethon was on, she said "I see the firemen are selling boots"

If you are ever feeling dumb, just think of Edna

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2566186;
    And these Einsteins may have actually gotten that idea from a local case last summer where a guy poured bleach into the eyes of his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter because she wouldn't stop crying.
    Yes, because everyone know that the best way to stop a crying child is to pour bleach into her eyes...oh, no, that won't make her cry more from the pain... DUH!!!

OK, why do stupid women date stupid, sadistic men who torture their children? And why do men date women who have children, if they so obviously hate children? And if you couldn't deal with a crying child, wouldn't it be better to put the child in a different room and let her cry herself to sleep? I'm not saying that's what I would do--but then again, I like children--but when it pouring bleach into someone's eyes ever a good idea?! And why don't more parents who don't want to be parents give their babies up for adoption? UGH, the world is filled with stupid, selfish people.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2566445;
    Yes, because everyone know that the best way to stop a crying child is to pour bleach into her eyes...oh, no, that won't make her cry more from the pain... DUH!!!

OK, why do stupid women date stupid, sadistic men who torture their children? And why do men date women who have children, if they so obviously hate children? And if you couldn't deal with a crying child, wouldn't it be better to put the child in a different room and let her cry herself to sleep? I'm not saying that's what I would do--but then again, I like children--but when it pouring bleach into someone's eyes ever a good idea?! And why don't more parents who don't want to be parents give their babies up for adoption? UGH, the world is filled with stupid, selfish people.
    One word: selfishness

It is my belief that these types of people think of themselves first and the children last.

I've known a few women that could NOT be without a man. Didn't matter what kind as long as it was a man because they could not be alone. And they'd settle for real losers too, just because he was a living breathing male.

No man would ever come before my child and that I know in my heart to be true.

I disagree. It's more than just selfishness. Some women really have low self esteem, have been raped and beaten as children and don't know that there is better out there for them and their children. It's sad and what they need is help, not judgement.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2566485;
    I disagree. It's more than just selfishness. Some women really have low self esteem, have been raped and beaten as children and don't know that there is better out there for them and their children. It's sad and what they need is help, not judgement.
    You are right. Self esteem is definetly a problem with a lot of women, but I've met several that were just plain selfish. So its probably a lot of factors. But the one thing I don't understand is that mother bear instinct. I would think that every woman would want to protect their child no matter what. But everyone is different. In my own family we have a female family member that has no clue what the word nurture means. She wasn't a bad mom, she took good care of her daughter, but she never "nurtured" her. To her, raising her child was like a job, not a labor of love. So I guess it takes all kinds and really that is so sad for the children because they grow into what they see and know and sometimes can't escape that cycle.

But the more I observe in this world today, the more selfishness I see. Just out and out selfishness and entitlement and you can be neither if you have children and want to be a good parent. Just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread