+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2564479;
    "Ted looked so normal" "He was so normal."

OK, define "normal". Personally, I don't think there is a "normal".
    He looked like a businessman...he didn't look all scary like Charles Manson....JMO of course!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan

Aunt Ruth Story:

Aunt Ruth calls me and leaves a message on my answering machine, so I call her back. She says Rosh Hashanah(Jewish New Year) is coming and do you want to come to my house on Wed for dinner. I said sure. She said I need to ask you a favor, she says I don't know if I can rely on you for this(lol). I said what is it and I can see what I can do.

She says can you go to the bakery and get a Challah(which is bread) for me. She said its really out of my way. It really isn't she lives 5 minutes away. But I don't might getting it. I said no problem.

She said yeah, but I have to tell you what to get. I said okay. She said I want a regular size Challah with raisins, I said fine. She said make sure its not a double loaf(I don't even know what a double loaf is)

She said its going to be EXPENSIVE. I was like how much. She said $2.50. I said that's not expensive. She said I will pay you back when you get here. I said you don't have to, I said its only $2. She said No Justin, this is something I asked you to do I will reimburse you. I said Auth Ruth, its really okay, its only $2 and you take me to dinner out all the time. She then says I wouldn't feel right taking it. I really wasn't in the mood to go back and forth about this, so I just said fine. I still won't take the money from her.

Then she says do I have to call and remind you to pick up the Challah. I said no, I will remember. She said are you sure?? I said I am sure, but I said if you would like to call & remind me you are more then welcome to.

I said do you care if I pick the Challah on Tuesday. She said if you want to pick it up late on Tuesday, that's fine, just make sure its "Fresh"

We end the convseration, she calls back 2 minutes later. She says make sure they don't slice the Challah(roll eyes)

Getting the Challah is really no big deal for me, but now I have to remember all the things "NOT TO GET" in regards to getting a loaf of bread.

Jewish Relatives. Oy Vey!
    Last edited by snarkattack; 09-09-2007 at 08:30 PM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Your Aunt Ruth sounds absolutely adorable, snark! Have a wonderful dinner, snark!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2564479;
    A friend of mine who's a shrink defined normal this way:
    "'Normal' is just a setting on your washing machine."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I would say "normal" is someone who doesn't kill to get his/her yaya's...

I also love reading true-crime books and watching those kind of shows on TV.

I have quite the extensive collection of true crime books. So many that I have often wondered if anything was to happen to anyone in my house, and the cops came to my house to investigate and noticed all of these books, would I be the prime suspect? That thought has actually crossed my mind!

About leaving children unattended.....in the last three weeks around here, there have been three separate incidents of women leaving their children alone for days!

The first was a single mom (19 years old) of three who left her kids (3, 2, and 8 months) alone after they went to sleep on the Friday night. A neighbor called the cops when she heard one of the children screaming. The cops waited for the mother to come home and, since she had not come home by 5 a.m. on Saturday, turned them over to Child Protective Services. So this is early Saturday morning that the kids are turned over. The mother did not call the cops until SUNDAY afternoon to report them missing!

Last weekend, Labor Day Weekend, another mother and her boyfriend left three kids alone too! The oldest was 8 or 9 but the other two were under 2 years of age. The same thing happened, neighbors were alerted to the situation after hearing a child cry. There was also a lit candle going in the apartment and, of course, the cops found drug paraphernelia. The parents didn't come around until TUESDAY. The parents were 28 and 34!

Then on tonight's news, an 89-year-old woman out shopping was followed home by two female lowlifes (late teens/early twenties). When they got to her house, these two beat her up and poured bleach over her, took her wallet and left her in the driveway (this was done during daytime!). The two lowlifes then used the credit cards and went on a shopping spree, spending hundreds of dollars in several stores before they were apprehended. One of the lowlifes had a 2-week-old baby in her arms but had left her 17-month-old home alone while all of this was going on! Her friend is 8 months pregnant too.

I just don't understand it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2564504;
    He looked like a businessman...he didn't look all scary like Charles Manson....JMO of course!
    I agree. He looked like a businessman, he was a businessman for a while. He wore suits. I think that most people think Charles Manson when they think serial killer and they don't often look like that with those crazy eyes or a swashtika tattooed on their forehead. They look like your neighbor or your boss.

NO, there is no "normal", but I guess there is "ordinary looking" and Bundy was ordinary. Nothing to make him stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2564903;
    I also love reading true-crime books and watching those kind of shows on TV.

I have quite the extensive collection of true crime books. So many that I have often wondered if anything was to happen to anyone in my house, and the cops came to my house to investigate and noticed all of these books, would I be the prime suspect? That thought has actually crossed my mind!
    I was watching one of those crime shows (not the fictionalized ones, but the true crime ones) and they had a body they couldn't identify. Finally they said and I am NOT making this up that the victim was identifed by her boyfriend and her friend by her bra. I was watching this with a friend and both of us turned to each other at the same time and said: "we'd never be indentifed then. If it was up to our husband's they'd not know what kind of bra we were wearing". I realize its not funny as the woman was dead, but the way they present it by saying she was idenfied by her bra was just weird in a morbid funny way.
    I would have to write my name and address in sharpie marker on my underwear if that were the case in identifying me.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-10-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since you can't really trust "normal", as has been proven time and time again, what do you have to go by??? I guess you just have to turn on your instinct, and hope for the best.

I got shortchanged ($10) at a neighborhood drugstore that I frequent, and when I went back to try to remedy the situation, I heard the same clerk that I had dealt with say, "She doesn't even look like the type.", which I took to mean that someone was questioning if I was just trying to steal the store's money. My first question, in my mind, was "What does "the type" look like?" She just sounded so stupid. I didn't say anything, of course, since I really wanted my $10 back, but that just goes to show you how people generalize and stereotype....with not much basis in fact. By the way, their cash drawer was over by about $8, so I got the benefit of the doubt, since they obviously have counting problems in that store, anyway. The good part is that I pay much closer attention now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2565134;
    Since you can't really trust "normal", as has been proven time and time again, what do you have to go by??? I guess you just have to turn on your instinct, and hope for the best.

I got shortchanged ($10) at a neighborhood drugstore that I frequent, and when I went back to try to remedy the situation, I heard the same clerk that I had dealt with say, "She doesn't even look like the type.", which I took to mean that someone was questioning if I was just trying to steal the store's money. My first question, in my mind, was "What does "the type" look like?" She just sounded so stupid. I didn't say anything, of course, since I really wanted my $10 back, but that just goes to show you how people generalize and stereotype....with not much basis in fact. By the way, their cash drawer was over by about $8, so I got the benefit of the doubt, since they obviously have counting problems in that store, anyway. The good part is that I pay much closer attention now!
    That was way rude of the clerk. I would of been just nice to, because I would want the $10 back.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2565134;

That was uncalled for. Good thing it wasn't me or I would have aksed her what a thief looks like and if she can tell. And I would have talked to the manager.

You can never tell and when I was in sales, we were always told NOT to prejudge any customer as you never know. And this is so true. When I did real estate closings, we had one customer that always came in in faded overalls, well worn work boots and cap. His wife wore homemade dresses and carried an ancient pocketbook. Well don't you know that these people owned a LOT of land. And I mean a LOT. They owned half the buildings in downtown as well. They drove an old car too. So I guess my point is that you can't tell. While I guess there are "types", there are many people that defy those types.

And there's a reason why all the neighbors interviewed on tv after a major crime say: "he was alwasy quiet and so nice. Who ever knew?"

Now on to another topic: Has anyone had any experience with flu shots and not feeling well afterwards. I have almost always gotten flu shots and I happened to be in the right place at the right time last week as my dr. office just started giving them the day I was in. I went ahead and got it. I woke up yesterday feeling yucky. Not horribly yucky, but not well. My husband says that its the flu shot (still trying to find his medical degree to back that up. ). Now my daughter is feeling yucky today, so I'm guessing its not the flu shot. But just wondering if anyone has ever had a flu shot make them sort of sick or is that just a myth?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread