+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2564102;
    I know this makes me slightly warped and sick but I have always been fascinated by people like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc.

I come from a family of law enforcement people so maybe that has something to do with it but if there is a documentary or a book out there about serial killers...I watch it or read it.
    No it's not warped. As myrosiedog posted, about wanting to know what makes others tick. I watch those shows. However when the Dahmer thing was unfolding in Milwaukee, I for some reason didn't really want to hear about it. Because I live here? I don't know.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Add me to the people that think the bedsheets are going to protect me from something. And the night I saw my friends mom in my room and got scared, I fully believed the sleeping 6 year old was going to protect me too as I wound up sleeping in his bunkbed! irrational, but you do what you gotta do.
    Don't you think that it's just as much the fact that you weren't alone? I always had my own room because I was the only girl, and when I was little everything was always so much more frightening because I was in the room alone, especially if there wasn't a night light. Closets were the worst. I had 2 of them in my room and one was a long, dark one that ran the whole length of the room. My parents stored things in there that they never needed to get to, like my dad's WWII Army uniforms, so we never went in there. I just knew there was a boogey man or something lurking in there. I also always felt like I would be safer if I slept with my back to the wall - never, ever with my back facing the door.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2564102;
    I know this makes me slightly warped and sick but I have always been fascinated by people like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc.

I come from a family of law enforcement people so maybe that has something to do with it but if there is a documentary or a book out there about serial killers...I watch it or read it.
    I've read things like this because I had a need to know that these people were actually out there, and that they usually look like everybody else walking down the street, sitting in church, etc. Welcome to the real world.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2564175;
    No it's not warped. As myrosiedog posted, about wanting to know what makes others tick. I watch those shows. However when the Dahmer thing was unfolding in Milwaukee, I for some reason didn't really want to hear about it. Because I live here? I don't know.
    I could see where that would be unnerving.

Ted Bundy has always been my favorite (is that really a word I should be using here? ). Part of the fascination was because Ted looked so normal and was a fairly attractive man.

I read and watch stuff about Charles Manson but to be honest-that man scares the living bejesus out of me...I truly and honestly believe he is the devil incarnate.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

bbnbama did you see that program last night about Manson? They were going over an interview from '86 that he had done. Most parts were never shown back then, as they were considered too inflammatory. But they showed most of it last night, with comments from an FBI? expert. Really interesting.

I remember when the Jeffrey Dahmer story broke, and hearing on the radio a tape of the police joking about the boy that escaped Dahmer...and then returned him, laughing about the "lovers quarrel" That just chilled me to the bone.

Ann Rule had a couple of good books about Bundy. But as a true crime writer, I think she has gone downhill.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2564177;
    Don't you think that it's just as much the fact that you weren't alone? I always had my own room because I was the only girl, and when I was little everything was always so much more frightening because I was in the room alone, especially if there wasn't a night light. Closets were the worst. I had 2 of them in my room and one was a long, dark one that ran the whole length of the room. My parents stored things in there that they never needed to get to, like my dad's WWII Army uniforms, so we never went in there. I just knew there was a boogey man or something lurking in there. I also always felt like I would be safer if I slept with my back to the wall - never, ever with my back facing the door.
    I'm sure that's it. Not wanting to be alone, but then choosing the one person in the house that an earthquake folllowed by a hurricane and tsunami wouldn't have woken up to protect me.

My daughter was so bad about her closets as a small child, she insisted we remove the doors. her room was closet doorless for years.

Bundy was a fascinating individual and that book by Rule was really good. He was so normal. But that seems to be their advantage. They appear normal because if they all looked and acted like Manson, they'd not get any victims. It's almost like 2 personalities.

The other book by Ann Rule that was fascinaing was called Every Breath you take and it was about the murder of the mom of the quads in Sarasota. I lived near there and remember all that happened about it. So sad. But the book is so good as the ex-husband was one strange dude, but it still took them a while to get to him. And to get the actual hired killer back from Mexico. I think the ex-husband was named Blackthorn or something. The killer was Del Toro. I remember that as it was a nightly topic while they tried to extradite him.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-09-2007 at 04:24 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I am fascinated by Ted Bundy and the like as well. I like to watch the shows on Discovery Times and Biography about people like them. I watched one last night about the BTK killer. It was interesting to see how they get caught.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2564403;
    I am fascinated by Ted Bundy and the like as well. I like to watch the shows on Discovery Times and Biography about people like them. I watched one last night about the BTK killer. It was interesting to see how they get caught.
    My daughter watched that and was just telling me about it. She always seems so amazed at how stupid criminals are. I keep telling her if they were smarter, they wouldn't be criminals.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It was a very stupid mistake that got him caught. I guess it is a good thing criminals can be stupid like that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Ted looked so normal" "He was so normal."

OK, define "normal". Personally, I don't think there is a "normal".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread