+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fan

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hey,
    I know I posted in another thread about "share your good news" about my dad and I going to dinner. Anyway, tonight we went. We had such a great time. Tonight I was the happiness I have been in in the last 10-12 years. My dad was so mellow it was hard to believe.

Boy, is he gray as well

MRD

Snark,
    That's GREAT news! I'm so happy for you.

I hope you and he continue to have these times together.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2562483;
    Add me to the people that think the bedsheets are going to protect me from something. And the night I saw my friends mom in my room and got scared, I fully believed the sleeping 6 year old was going to protect me too as I wound up sleeping in his bunkbed! irrational, but you do what you gotta do.
    I know what you mean! It just seems like they can fend off evil!!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2563539;
    Hey,
    I know I posted in another thread about "share your good news" about my dad and I going to dinner. Anyway, tonight we went. We had such a great time. Tonight I was the happiness I have been in in the last 10-12 years. My dad was so mellow it was hard to believe.

Boy, is he gray as well
    WOO HOO for snarkattack....once again, I am so proud and happy for you! That one sentence I highlighted speaks volumes to me ....much continued success in your journey forward!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2562483;
    Maybe she was.

Add me to the people that think the bedsheets are going to protect me from something. And the night I saw my friends mom in my room and got scared, I fully believed the sleeping 6 year old was going to protect me too as I wound up sleeping in his bunkbed! irrational, but you do what you gotta do.

Well, thus far we've survived so our sheet trick does work. I cover my head and before i know it, it's day light or at least 6 am and i've escaped yet again.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2562610;
    Well it just goes to show you that any idiot can have a child, but it takes special people to be good parents. I could not ever imagine leaving my child anywhere for any reason, not to go out, not in a car, not in a store. Fortunately mine is now 16 (and I'd love to leave her some days. Just kidding), but when she was little, I didn't even leave her in the car to run in and pay for my gas. Sure it was a pain to take her in and out of the car seat to run in and pay (before pay at the pump, dang it, I don't need it as much now as I did then), but I would NEVER leave her even for that short of time.

And if we couldn't get a sitter, we stayed HOME!!!!
    I once took my then 7 year old son and 3 of his friends out to get ice cream. I needed to get gas on the way home and stopped at a convenience store, parking at the pump right in front of the store so I could do a quick run in and pay. As I was about to enter the store, a car slowly passed me, and the driver (the creepiest man I have ever seen) lowered his window and said in a soft, singsong voice " don't you know you should never leave children alone?" I grabbed those kids and never even thought of ever doing that again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess even freaks/perverts can be blessings in disguise.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That reminds me of an interview I saw of Ted Bundys secretary. She said he'd walk her to her car every evening and warn her to watch out for dangerous people.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2564082;
    That reminds me of an interview I saw of Ted Bundys secretary. She said he'd walk her to her car every evening and warn her to watch out for dangerous people.
    I know this makes me slightly warped and sick but I have always been fascinated by people like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc.

I come from a family of law enforcement people so maybe that has something to do with it but if there is a documentary or a book out there about serial killers...I watch it or read it.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2564102;
    I know this makes me slightly warped and sick but I have always been fascinated by people like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc.

I come from a family of law enforcement people so maybe that has something to do with it but if there is a documentary or a book out there about serial killers...I watch it or read it.
    Lots of people are or those shows like the First 48 and Body of Evidence and all would not be popular. Neither would the author Ann Rule. She knew Bundy and wrote a book about him. She's written several other true crime books since them.

I think that most of us are just fascinated by what makes people like that tick. I mean, they obviously are abnormal and we want to know why.

I went to college at Florida 2 years after Bundy killed the girls in the dorm at FSU. My parents would not let me live in the dorm. About 7 years after I left Florida, Danny Rollins killed and mutilated all those people in apartments at Florida. I guess you never know, but there are just some common sense things you can do to make yourself safer.

Leaving small children home alone while you dine out is not one of them. Children are not equipped with the mental ability to stay home alone that young. Parents are, so you'd think they'd have used some common sense. But alas, I think common sense is being bred out of people these days.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread