+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Having just been on a plane, there is no way anyone could have seen London or France the way those seats are designed. But yikes, why would you dress like that? Those are always the people that complain about being cold too.

But to be thrown off for it? that sounds kind of strange. Unless you were showing private areas, I would think it would matter really. I guess she was showing those areas, but again, in an airplane seat, who's going to see it? You can't even cross your legs because of the closeness of the seats in front of you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2561473;

One time, at band camp

Sorry Lucy, I keep remembering that line from "American Pie." ... I don't think I could deal with snake issues...

Sometimes after just having watched a scary movie, im a little too scared to have my feet hanging down while sitting on my bed. Chucky might pull me down.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She wasn't thrown off. They gave her a blanket to cover herself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2561833;
    She wasn't thrown off. They gave her a blanket to cover herself.
    Good, then she wasn't cold either.

I am continually amazed at what people wear. Go to any theme park and just observe and you will swear that these people have no mirrors or friends and family that will be honest with them about what they are wearing.

I once saw a thing on tv about how to survive a plane crash and now when I fly, I always dress like they said: Cotton clothing. Nothing synthetic that will melt on you and burn you in the event of a fire. Comfortable, flat shoes that will protect your feet. Clothing that allows you to climb, crawl and jump, etc.

Weird, but I always think about that when I fly now.

My parents had friends that were staying at the MGM in Las Vegas when it burned. Their room was on one of the floors with the fire. They were in the lobby fortunately and were able to get out. Both traveled a lot and after that, they took a class in rope climbing and always asked for rooms no higher than the 3rd floor and carried a rope ladder with them. I guess that experience scared them enough to think about doing that.

We also had other friends that never flew the same flight together. In case of a plane crash, one would survive to take care of the kids. Made for some difficult travel I would imagine, but that is exactly what they always did.

Other than the clothing thing, I just don't worry about things like that. Either you survive or you don't and I figure its not up to me anyway. When my number comes up, it comes up.

Well going back to the scantily clad plane passenger, I was highly embarrassed on a flight because of my old weight and i never thought about suing. I was really ticked that I was singled out in a most public fashion with the entire plane looking on, but it would never occur to me to get a lawyer.

Sounds like this girl needs to get over herself, reserve that stuff for club wear and wear real clothes in public.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2561849;
    We also had other friends that never flew the same flight together. In case of a plane crash, one would survive to take care of the kids.
    Did they also drive in separate cars? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but I'm really curious. At some point, you have to just live. And proportionately more people die in car accidents than in airplane accidents. Plane crashes are so rare...it's just that when it happens, so many people die at once that it gets all kinds of coverage!

The way you described to dress for a plane...I dress that way, not 'cause I'm afraid of fire or anything...but it's seriously the most comfortable way to travel...if you've got on tight jeans and heels, it makes it really difficult to wedge yourself in and out of those seats. Although that said, even a cheapo like me has taken to paying extra or using my miles to upgrade to business class. Sometimes if that section isn't full, you can upgrade for fairly cheap at check in...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2561832;
    Sometimes after just having watched a scary movie, im a little too scared to have my feet hanging down while sitting on my bed. Chucky might pull me down.
    Me, too! And if I've seen a slasher movie, I have to sleep with a sheet or blanket over me even if it's boiling out 'cause I feel like that little layer will offer me some kind of protection!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2561984;

Me, too! And if I've seen a slasher movie, I have to sleep with a sheet or blanket over me even if it's boiling out 'cause I feel like that little layer will offer me some kind of protection!
    This is totally me. I remember not being so okay one night after having watched Donnie Darko.

About that plane passenger, i think they blew things out of proportion. They're acting as if she was going to start stripping in the isles or something.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2562309;
    This is totally me. I remember not being so okay one night after having watched Donnie Darko.

About that plane passenger, i think they blew things out of proportion. They're acting as if she was going to start stripping in the isles or something.
    Maybe she was.

Add me to the people that think the bedsheets are going to protect me from something. And the night I saw my friends mom in my room and got scared, I fully believed the sleeping 6 year old was going to protect me too as I wound up sleeping in his bunkbed! irrational, but you do what you gotta do.

FORT Fan

These 2 stories drive me nuts. The lady who left her kid in the car for 8 hours. Sorry, but I think she belongs in jail. I don't care if it wasn't her regular routine or not. If you are a parent, you need to be responsible. Forgetting your child in you car is a pretty big oversight. Kids shouldn't be marshmellows.

She should live with the guilt while in the slammer.

And Madelines parents. Another set of losers. Who leaves there kids to go out to dinner anyway. It angers me that celebrities were trying to help these parents so irresponsbile from the start. Guilty!

What is really creepy is if you look at picture of Jonbenet without make up she looks exactly like Madeline.

Madelines parents should set up a lunch date with Beth Twit, and John Ramsey.

Nancy Grace must be on fire right now.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 09-08-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I would not be surprised if the woman who left her child in the hot car did not survive this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Well it just goes to show you that any idiot can have a child, but it takes special people to be good parents. I could not ever imagine leaving my child anywhere for any reason, not to go out, not in a car, not in a store. Fortunately mine is now 16 (and I'd love to leave her some days. Just kidding), but when she was little, I didn't even leave her in the car to run in and pay for my gas. Sure it was a pain to take her in and out of the car seat to run in and pay (before pay at the pump, dang it, I don't need it as much now as I did then), but I would NEVER leave her even for that short of time.

And if we couldn't get a sitter, we stayed HOME!!!!

+ Reply to Thread