+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6383Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I Is Stephanie

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2558886;
    Underage drinking and smoking pot also is against the law, but people do it all the time.

I've never seen a dressing room that had signs saying that the dressing rooms were monitored by videos--is that even legal?--but they do have the signs that say the dressing rooms are monitored by the female personnel. I always took that to mean that someone might pop in at any moment!

Fair enough.

And yes, I'm pretty sure it is legal, as long as the people doing the monitoring are the same gender.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2558886;
    Underage drinking and smoking pot also is against the law, but people do it all the time.

I've never seen a dressing room that had signs saying that the dressing rooms were monitored by videos--is that even legal?--but they do have the signs that say the dressing rooms are monitored by the female personnel. I always took that to mean that someone might pop in at any moment!

NEW bathing suits all come with those sanitary strips on bikini bottoms--let me just say that I've seen enough bathing suits at Nordstrom's that either had the strips peeled off or had, um, soiled strips to know that not all customers are wearing their undergarments when trying on bathing suits. TOTALLY GROSS!

I recall your post, Lo, i disgustingly agree.
    The last time i was in a dressing room, it was being monitored by live person, not a camera nor would i knowingly(or unknowingly, gotta keep your eyes open) enter a dressing room with a camera in it.

I hate buffets. They are so wasted on me. I look at all of the food that they lay out, and it ruins my appetite. For the cost, it's just not worth it to me. Of course, my son loves it, so we still get stuck there on occasion. And, then, I don't find the food to be anything other than mediocre. Poor me!
    Word? I like buffets, alot actually. I enjoy the variety of the food and all the potential sauces i cna put on my food. Im totally a gravy girl.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2558745;
    I am embarassed to tell you that it took me a while to "get" your post.....and now that I have........I do wonder about you sometimes!!!

I hate buffets. They are so wasted on me. I look at all of the food that they lay out, and it ruins my appetite. For the cost, it's just not worth it to me. Of course, my son loves it, so we still get stuck there on occasion. And, then, I don't find the food to be anything other than mediocre. Poor me!
    I too do not like buffets. When I eat less than the average 3 year old, the cost is the biggest factor. But as I am only supposed to eat small amounts, I am more tempted to overeat and then be sick at a buffett than elsewhere. My husband loves them.
    But most I've eaten at over the years were not the greatest food either.
    The exception being the Brazilian Grill where they bring great skewers of meat to the table and carve it. That was very good, but again, I can no longer eat there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

I had my monthly meds check with my dr. yesterday. Afterwards she asked me if I wanted a flu shot. She walked me over to the "flu shot clinic" and told them to give me a shot and wrote "no charge" on my fee slip.

After all the frustrations I've had lately with my health and the up and down with my doctors trying to figure out what exactly is wrong and having numerous testing, meds, etc. getting a free flu shot actually made my day.
    Pathetic huh?

Well, today is the first day of school. My son should be on the big yellow school bus as I type this. Either that or it's extremely late - that's happened before. I can tell he's just SO excited to be starting school again. (heh-heh)

Our school started 8/15.. the hottest part of the year. Last day is normally around 5/24. I really wish they would switch the schedule by a few weeks. Every year there are complaints. The school district says our calender is this way to co-incide with the University.

I hate buffets. Poor quality food usually. Most items highly processed or frozen foods. Give me homemade food and I'm a happy camper.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I like any food I don't have to cook. I don't care if it's a buffet or not.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Schools in my area started on Aug. 13, and some a few days earlier. It was so hot that some of the schools had to take partial days ("snow days") due to weather...and they are air conditioned!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

It is inconceivable that I attended unairconditioned schools (in Florida no less where it is ALWAYS hot) until I was a junior in HS when the new school opened and wonder of wonders, it had AC!!!!!
    (let me just add that my old HS was in the same building where my grandparents had attended HS in the 1920's and earlier. Should have seen THOSE ancient restrooms. )

And no, they never cancelled school because it was too hot. Darn it!

We also had an open campus for lunch in HS because there was also no cafeteria. That stopped at the new school too. I guess the trade off for AC was having to stay on campus for lunch.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

School here started August 2nd! I can remember when I was in school we always started sometimes after my birthday (Aug 23), went a week or so, out for Labor Day and then going full swing. I never have understood why they couldn't start school AFTER Labor Day and then go for a little longer in May to finish out the school year!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread