+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It sounds like a lot of frustration is going on for our Fort members. Gut, I'm sorry you lost out on such a perfect class for you. I hope you find something else you'll enjoy that will meet your requirements.

My house just jolted like a semi rammed it which leads me to believe we just had an earthquake. I'm trying to get information on it, but it's only been minutes so it hasn't hit the airwaves yet. Damn, I hate these things and with as many as I've experienced, you'd think I'd be a little less edgy about them. I'm watching the water in the pool slosh back and forth and hoping this earthquake will fill our quota for a while and that no one's been hurt.

ETA: Earthquake info is coming in and it's being clocked at 4.7. *shudder*
    Last edited by roseskid; 09-02-2007 at 03:13 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2555688;
    Ugh. I was trying to be nice.

I am not posting this to toot my own horn, but rather frustrated. Because I do these kind of things a lot(frustrate myself and do nice things), but this time I am just amazed by rudeness, self centerness etc . . .

Now I have gasoine all over me and taking shower.
    Well, you know what they (whoever "they" are) say:
    "No good deed goes unpunished."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

That is why unfortuneately, not many people help others anymore.
    No good deed goe unpunished.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Which then leads to the question...do we do the good deed so that we can feel good, or do we do it to, honestly, help somebody else? Sometimes, you just got to let things roll off your back! When you're finished doing the good deed, are you still glad that you did it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I do a good deed to help someone, but sometimes the "fallout" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2555753;
    That is why unfortuneately, not many people help others anymore.No good deed goe unpunished.
    That's exactly what I was going to say gabriel...more people don't help each other because of being afraid of what could be said/done/happen, etc....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2555759;
    Which then leads to the question...do we do the good deed so that we can feel good, or do we do it to, honestly, help somebody else? Sometimes, you just got to let things roll off your back! When you're finished doing the good deed, are you still glad that you did it?
    Good question! For me, I do the good deed to help someone, knowing that I'd appreciate it if someone did it for me (the Golden Rule/Karma thing or whatever); however, I'm not surprised when the punishment comes. Am I still glad I did it? Hmm. Sometimes yeah, sometimes no. Mostly yeah.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2555759;
    I think I did the good deed, because I truly wanted to help someone else. My old car had a broken gas gage, and tons of other problems. I know you can keep track with the milage counter, but I can't tell you how many times I ran out of gas or had some other problem and someone came and stopped, usually just civilans were to the rescue.

There were days where it was pouring rain and although people didn't always give me rides to the gas station, one person once stopped there car and handed me there umbrella. I also have been stuck in snow mounds, before and random people came and helped me out.

I know what a terrible feeling it is when you are stuck in the middle of the road, people are honking at you, but either your car is dead, no gas, or some other problem.

Actually for the most part, its regular folks who are the kindest. Police officers for the most part were not really that friendly in my situations nor today. I am not lumping all people in law enforcement into one category, but today although not my car problems I was disappointed how they treated me and the girl. When I was in the car ride to the gas station the girl commented on how rude the cops were.

I have had so many car problems in the past. I sort of forgot it wasn't my car.

Thank God, I have a new car and have no problems yet.

Although, I would do what I did again. I wish I had not today.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 09-02-2007 at 06:15 PM.

Do the good deed anyway. I'm sure some of you have read the famous poem (I've seen it posted somewhere here) where each stanza says, if you _____ and everyone puts you down do _______ anyway. And the blank is a different thing in each stanza. We had a crazy day yesterday. We started by taking in most of the bouys and only leaving a small section for swimming which we will take down today. Then a woman standing right next to a "no swimming" sign tried to argue with me that she could swim there. She asked, "What if I go where the lifeguards can't see me?" and I answered, "Then you'd be cheating". She freaked out that I "called her a cheater" and wouldn't let it go. I had to go back to my post and she followed me around ranting. Then she asked another lifeguard the same questions trying to get a different answer. My daughter told her if she wanted to swim around the lake she would have to leave the park and start from someone's private property. Then she went and told the rangers my daughter threw her out. She kept coming to my lifeguard stand and making scenes. Yikes! Get me out of here! I hope she's not there today.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2556314;
    Do the good deed anyway. I'm sure some of you have read the famous poem (I've seen it posted somewhere here) where each stanza says, if you _____ and everyone puts you down do _______ anyway. And the blank is a different thing in each stanza. We had a crazy day yesterday. We started by taking in most of the bouys and only leaving a small section for swimming which we will take down today. Then a woman standing right next to a "no swimming" sign tried to argue with me that she could swim there. She asked, "What if I go where the lifeguards can't see me?" and I answered, "Then you'd be cheating". She freaked out that I "called her a cheater" and wouldn't let it go. I had to go back to my post and she followed me around ranting. Then she asked another lifeguard the same questions trying to get a different answer. My daughter told her if she wanted to swim around the lake she would have to leave the park and start from someone's private property. Then she went and told the rangers my daughter threw her out. She kept coming to my lifeguard stand and making scenes. Yikes! Get me out of here! I hope she's not there today.
    Yikes!

I went to the bookstore this morning and I found Katie Courc's unauthorized biography. I wonder if she read it, I would be hiding under the covers.

This part was too much. But I needed a good laugh. At one point in the book a friend says That Katie was a slob at home and would often wear her underwear inside out. (Snort Chrissy Snow)

Poor Katie. I don't feel too bad though. She has $65 million in the bank and then some.

+ Reply to Thread