+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6406Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2546193;
    Did you used to play the game when you were little of holding your breath when you passed a cemetary? .
    We held our feet up off the floorboard going past the cemetary in a car.

I hope your Mom gets out of Chicago before too long!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

OK, I am really peeved about 2 things.

First off, my daughter's boyfriend is flying in today for a visit. I've announced SEVERAL times over the past few days that I was making lasagna for dinner tonight. I just opened the refrigerator and found out that ALL the mozzerella cheese has been eaten. I've had to beat them off the spagetti sauce so you'd think that they'd remember that I need the cheese too. Apparantly not.
    I have a really busy day today and was going to get everything ready this morning. Now have to go to the store. UGH.

Number 2 peeve. I have a friend from Florida that I met when I first moved to North Port. She was my neighbor. Sweetest person in the world, would do anything for you. Well the past 3 years, she has been in school, working and raising 3 kids, so we haven't talked much. She graduated earlier this month and no longer has her job (it was with the college) and her kids are back in school. She calls EVERY morning. This morning at one minute past 8.
    Well, we caught up on everything a week or so ago and talking to her on the phone is like pulling teeth. She just does not talk so I don't understand why she calls. She is not working, not in school, doesn't drive and is home alone all day, so I understand she is lonely. And I do miss her, but if we had something to talk about it might be ok. But this every morning stuff is getting old. I am NOT a good morning person and I hate the long silences on the phone as I struggle to find something to talk about with her.
    Now I have another friend that I can talk on the phone 4 times a day and we never run out of subjects to talk about. I don't know why its so hard with this friend.
    I feel bad as I do know she's lonely and bored. But sometimes, I sleep late and the phone wakes me up. Other times I'd just like to drink my coffee in solitude (and catch up on FORT).
    I don't know a good way to tell her to not call me every morning. It's going to hurt her feelings I know. The last few days, I haven't answered. Well, she calls every hour until I do answer. It's really getting annoying.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD - Can you turn the ringer on the phone off until you get up in the morning? Then you could just check for messages when you're ready to. If the friend asks where you were, you could tell her the truth - you turned the phone off so it wouldn't wake you up. I know what you mean about the dead silences on the phone. My dad used to do the same thing. He'd call, ask what was going on, and when I ran out of stuff, I'd ask him what was going on with him, and he's say there's nothing, and then dead silence. It used to aggravate the stuffing out of me, but now my dad's been gone for just over three years, and I'd give anything for one of those phone calls.

My house is very quiet this week. My husband, son, and a family friend went bear hunting in Maine. Yes, bear hunting! How nuts is that??? First of all, I can't imagine what fun it would be to shoot something. But I don't begrudge anyone if that's what they enjoy doing. As long as they eat what they kill. I truly don't understand killing animals and just leaving them there. Ugh!

So my son's plan is to kill his bear, get the meat, and stuff the body so that it looks like it's coming at you with its claws raised. And he plans to put that in my family room! My husband's plan is to get his bear, get the meat, and make a rug out of it. Now that I can live with - as long as there's no head on it. I really don't care what our friend does with his bear. That's his wife's problem.

So I get a phone call around 2 PM on Sunday from the friend's wife saying they're just getting ready to cross into Maine, and they figure it will take another 2-3 hours to get to where they're hunting. It's WAY up at the tip of Maine - surrounded on three sides by Canada. My husband was going to call me when they got there. So I'm figuring I'll get a call around 4 or 5. Well, at 9 PM my husband calls, and said THEY JUST GOT THERE!!! I said where in tarnation have you been for the last SEVEN HOURS! He said our friend used his GPS to get them there, and when they were close to Canada, they realized that the GPS was routing them THROUGH Canada. Which would be find, except remember - this is a hunting trip. And what do you need to hunt with? Shotguns! They figured it wouldn't get a good idea to try to bring guns in or out of the US, so they re-routed themselves. And somehow the re-routing put them back in NEW YORK!!! I didn't get the whole story - my husband was pretty bent out of shape at the whole thing. So I won't get that story until they get home. Assuming they don't kill each other in the car on the way back!!

But on the up-side, I'm really enjoying my nice, quiet house!

MRD

I know what you mean about the phone calls from parents. Mine have been gone a long time and I'd love to talk to them on the phone. But both my parents never ran out of things to say. Back in the days before flat rate lond distance, when my dad thought we had run up the phone bill enough, he always ended the phone conversations the same way:

"as the monkey said when he peed in the cash register: this is running into money"

I'd love to hear him say THAT one more time. Although back then it always got a groan from me.

I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and tell her that I can't talk everyday.
    I'm hoping after this afternoon I can say that I'm going to be working at the museum and that will cut my free time down for phone talking.
    And I'm going to just have to turn the ringer off or take it off the hook. It's not like I'm where I need to have the phone on for middle of the night emergencies anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

hi! I havent posted here, but need to tell someone..after 5 years out, I just signed up for college again...Im only 24 so its not to late really, but Ive never been more excited for anything in my life. When I graduated out of high school it was always known that I was going to college, I went the first year, and then ran out of money or options, so I came home and worked...the first year that I was out..I was seriously depressed, I felt like a failure..then I got out of the depression, and just gave up on the idea of going....but a year ago(about) I went into the college with my best friend so she could check out the nursing program, and I said "wish I was going to school" and she said "so do it! just sign up for a class if thats what it takes, if you sign up for one class, at least your moving forward" and she was right, it never crossed my mind to sign up for one class, I had this idea of college, you take a full time schedule..you study at night..but when your a grown up, sometimes you cant do it that way, sometimes you have to work..and taking a whole schedule isnt in the cards..so I am taking 2 classes this semester..I CANT WAIT!! its a dream come true, really.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For some people, small steps are the best (actually, a lot more people could probably benefit from learning to take small, manageable steps!)! Great to hear you are fulfilling your dream!!
    You will be a success!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2548579;
    ...So I'm figuring I'll get a call around 4 or 5. Well, at 9 PM my husband calls, and said THEY JUST GOT THERE!!! I said where in tarnation have you been for the last SEVEN HOURS! He said our friend used his GPS to get them there, and when they were close to Canada, they realized that the GPS was routing them THROUGH Canada. Which would be find, except remember - this is a hunting trip. And what do you need to hunt with? Shotguns! They figured it wouldn't get a good idea to try to bring guns in or out of the US, so they re-routed themselves. And somehow the re-routing put them back in NEW YORK!!!...
    This is why I'll stick with a good old fashioned map, thank you very much. We managed to get to the northern tip of Maine with no wrong turns whatsoever (not for hunting though).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

srs in Oregon - Best of luck with your studies. It's never too late to go back.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My son has finally left to go back to school. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am!!! It is difficult having somebody in the house for too long when you are used to it being just you. I'll miss him, but it will take a little time. 2 of the hidden gifts he left me.....spoiling ground turkey, and spoiling, stinking chicken breast. He's the only one who knew that stuff was in there. I kept smelling it, but I couldn't find it. Now the crap is in the freezer, waiting for garbage day. I just want to smack him!!!
    He lost his door key while he was here....he just may not get another. Mean Mom Strikes Again!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2548756;
    I had this idea of college, you take a full time schedule..you study at night..but when your a grown up, sometimes you cant do it that way, sometimes you have to work..and taking a whole schedule isnt in the cards..so I am taking 2 classes this semester..I CANT WAIT!! its a dream come true, really.

I always felt the same way until it just dawned on me one day that I was never going to be one of those students who could go full time and get their degree in four-five years. And with that realization came another - I've got to start somewhere, sometime. Why wait? It's only prolonging the end result. So I enrolled and did it a few classes at a time.

So I am so happy for you and wish you the very best with this new and exciting time in your life! Stick with it. It's worth it!

+ Reply to Thread