+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6539Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #4971
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Gut, hope your mom can get out of Chicago ok.

    Our superstition was to not speak with passing a cemetary instead of holding your breath.

    We also held up our feet in the car if we went through water or over a bridge.
    Strange how we all have these superstitions huh?

    Speaking of cemetaries, my mother taught me to drive a manual transmission car in a cemetary and told me that she chose that spot as "I couldn't hurt anyone there". True.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  2. #4972
    Peeking In Duxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    looking for a deal on evilBay
    Posts
    6,052

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    We're off to Niagara Falls! See you in a week.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

  3. #4973
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Have a great trip!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  4. #4974
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,487

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Have a great time Duxxy! I went a few years back and had a great time.

  5. #4975
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Since this is now the pet peeve thread I am peeved because I woke up today with a UTI. I'm waiting for 8:30 tomorrow so I can call the dr. office. But what really peeves me is the fever. I know people that can work with 103temps (mine's not that high). But when I get even a low grade fever, it makes me sleepy, grouchy, cold and hungry. And the fever doesn't want cheese or peanuts or whole grain crackers, the stuff I'm supposed to be eating. It wants chocolate! And there isn't a chocolate anything in this house at the moment.
    Sorry, just had to vent. (it's the fever, the lack of chocolate is making it very frustrated and even more grouchy. )
    That and we had a family day planned and all I've accomplished is laying on the sofa watching an old Tom Cruise movie or messing around on the computer. But the dogs are happy as its gotten them out of getting a bath today. Ha, I bet they caused this to happen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #4976
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2546309;
    We're off to Niagara Falls! See you in a week.
    That sounds fabulous, Duxxy. I've always wanted to go there. Have a great time and bring lots of pictures!

  7. #4977
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,118

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Have a wonderful trip, Duxxy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  8. #4978
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2546511;
    Since this is now the pet peeve thread I am peeved because I woke up today with a UTI. I'm waiting for 8:30 tomorrow so I can call the dr. office. But what really peeves me is the fever. I know people that can work with 103temps (mine's not that high). But when I get even a low grade fever, it makes me sleepy, grouchy, cold and hungry. And the fever doesn't want cheese or peanuts or whole grain crackers, the stuff I'm supposed to be eating. It wants chocolate! And there isn't a chocolate anything in this house at the moment.
    Sorry, just had to vent. (it's the fever, the lack of chocolate is making it very frustrated and even more grouchy. )
    That and we had a family day planned and all I've accomplished is laying on the sofa watching an old Tom Cruise movie or messing around on the computer. But the dogs are happy as its gotten them out of getting a bath today. Ha, I bet they caused this to happen.
    You get the same reaction I do to a low grade fever, just listless enough to want to do something, but energetic enough to lay around. Well try and have some peanuts and pretend it's a peanut butter cup.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  9. #4979
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2546719;
    You get the same reaction I do to a low grade fever, just listless enough to want to do something, but energetic enough to lay around. Well try and have some peanuts and pretend it's a peanut butter cup.
    I had a hard boiled egg. I'm sorry, but there is NOTHING a hard boiled egg can pretend to be but a hard boiled egg. And you can't even pretend its a chocolate covered hard boiled egg.

    Our oven thermostat is screwed up and dinner got burned. Not my fault. I didn't cook. I'm having soup. I don't know what they are having now.

    This is the 2nd time this has happened and its a pain. We have to now put a thermometer in the oven to try to figure out the temp until we can get it fixed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #4980
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2546162;
    You apparently want to make sure you are awake and do not get snatched!
    I guess so!



    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2546193;
    Did you used to play the game when you were little of holding your breath when you passed a cemetary? Maybe you are subconsciously providing your brain with quick oxygen in anticipation. I sneeze every time I chew Dentyne Ice gum (my favorite - strong mint).
    I did, I did. It's like a Pavlonian repsonse. Who said that worked only on his dog?! Haha.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.