+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

No kind of light makes me sneeze. If I get hit in the nose, though, it's on! I love to hear people sneeze; I will laugh until my shirt is totally wet with tears!I have no idea why I get so tickled. I read a page where people were talking about what made them sneeze, and it was all I could do to get through it. And, mrd, there was somebody who sneezed when they ate chocolate. If anyone wants to read this page, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2543369;
    MRD: I would SO love to hear that story. My college roomate is lucky enough to still have both of her grandmothers alive. The grannies get together and compete over the most hideous medical stories that they can tell. It's funny, gross and odd at the same time. Both grandmas love me but they have informed me about gout, boils and other health conditions over the years. I would LOVE to be able to tell an exploding bowel story.
    We call those stories the "organ recitals" in our family. And my MIL was the worst of them. My husband had strict instructions NOT to mention any illness, surgery, etc. of mine to her as it would be told to people that didn't even know me. I had no wish to be part of the "organ recital".

I have two cousins both named Roy. Apparantly someone still uses the name.

My dad's name was Claude. Now that's a man's name you NEVER hear and I've always wondered when he was a tiny baby how his parents could look at him and go "oh, what a cute baby, oh, look at the wittle baby CLAUDE"
    But then again, I'm named Claudia so while I like my name, I've always thought Claude was old fashioned and kind of strange.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-24-2007 at 12:20 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

Everytime I see Mark Lansford on tv I am always amazed how he conducts himself. Here is man that been through hell and back and always manages to stay composed and express himself. It really is great that he goes around and speaks about Jessica's law. Mark seems like a class act kind of guy. I really applaud him.

Somedays I truly wonder how he does it. What he said today on one of the morning shows makes a lot of sense. Seeing Jessica's killer won't give him closure, but some relief.

God Bless, Mark Lansford and his patience(but it still seems like he is waiting for justice)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2545115;
    Everytime I see Mark Lansford on tv I am always amazed how he conducts himself. Here is man that been through hell and back and always manages to stay composed and express himself. It really is great that he goes around and speaks about Jessica's law. Mark seems like a class act kind of guy. I really applaud him.

Somedays I truly wonder how he does it. What he said today on one of the morning shows makes a lot of sense. Seeing Jessica's killer won't give him closure, but some relief.

God Bless, Mark Lansford and his patience(but it still seems like he is waiting for justice)
    I just finished reading an article about him and the other families who formed the Surviving Parents Coalition in the August 20 issue of People. It's remarkable how they can gather the strength to go on after such heartbreaking loss.

It is nice to see that some good can come out of this tragedy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2542177;
    Here's a question: What unusual things make you sneeze? I met a guy, yesterday, who has sunlight sneezes. I had never heard of such! Now I know why people tell you to look at a light when you have a sneeze that you can't get out. I did find out that his problem is termed "photic sneeze reflex". Interesting.

This isn't exactly about sneezing, but it is something very odd that I've recently noticed I always do. Whenever I approach a cemetary and before I've driven past it, I yawn. How bizarre is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2545934;
    This isn't exactly about sneezing, but it is something very odd that I've recently noticed I always do. Whenever I approach a cemetary and before I've driven past it, I yawn. How bizarre is that?!
    You apparently want to make sure you are awake and do not get snatched!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Re: Power out in MIDWEST

I just read something about a massive power outage in the midwest and wonder how my FORT family in other sections of the midwest are doing?
    Here in Milwaukee, WI I am ok, I have lights, water, air conditioning etc... How are you all doing?
    JS Online: News

100,000-plus without power in Midwest

By JOHN McCARTHY
    Associated Press Writer
    COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Hundreds of thousands of people were without power after their homes were battered by fierce winds and flooding rainstorms that slammed the rain-soaked Midwest.

Tornado warnings were issued Saturday afternoon for parts of central and southeast Ohio. Downed trees and power lines were reported in the southern part of the state, said National Weather Service meteorologist Andy Hatzos.

Flooding this week spread across an 80-mile swath through the northwest and north central parts of the state. Gov. Ted Strickland toured some of the damaged areas Saturday.

"What I've tried to do and what we've all tried to do is let these folks know ... that we are working to get assistance to them as rapidly as possible," Strickland said.

Powerful storms rolling through the Upper Midwest during most of the past week caused disastrous floods from southeastern Minnesota to Ohio that were blamed for at least 18 deaths.

In southern Michigan, the skies were clearing but more than 100,000 customers were without power, utilities said. The National Weather Service confirmed multiple tornadoes touched down Friday in a 12-mile area in Livingston, Genesee and Oakland counties.

Damage in Fenton was extensive, Mayor Sue Osborn said Saturday. "I have seen houses that have trees go right through them," she said. Only residents were being allowed into the city, she said.

Matt McClanahan's Cohoctah Township home was among at least 17 destroyed by a twister.

"I've seen devastation and I've helped clean up, but I've never seen it be me," he said. "I bought a bottle of Jim Beam and it's in the house. I could really use a sip of that right now."

About 73,000 ComEd customers in northern Illinois remained without power Saturday, ComEd spokeswoman Judy Rader said. Power to nearly 600,000 customers had been restored since Thursday's storm, but it could take days to restore power to all customers, officials said.

The storms in Illinois were responsible for at least one death, a man struck by a wind-toppled tree, officials said. In addition, an autopsy was planned on a man found lying in more than 2 feet of water in his basement in suburban Inverness, officials said.

Rain had mostly stopped falling Saturday in northern Illinois as a line of storms moved eastward and southward, and the flood waters that had risen steadily slowed to a creep or began to drop in some areas. Flood warnings remained in effect in 14 counties.

"There's so much flooding continuing from the rain and runoff from two days ago," said Mark Ratzer, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. "That's going to take a while to recede."

Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator R. David Paulison surveyed damage Friday in Rushford, Minn., which was especially hard hit by this week's flooding. Mayor Les Ladewig said about half of Rushford's 760 homes were damaged, including 248 that were destroyed and 91 with serious damage.

About 1,500 homes were damaged around Minnesota. Paulison said FEMA recovery centers should be running early next week in the three counties where President Bush declared disasters Thursday.

Paulison also visited Wisconsin, where flooding destroyed 44 homes and damaged more than 1,400, most of them in the southwestern part of the state.

Officials in Wisconsin's Vernon County lifted evacuation orders Saturday evening, allowing 140 residents to return home. They had been displaced after torrential rainfall strained a number of nearby dams.

---

Associated Press writers Dan Strumpf in Chicago; John Seewer in Ottawa, Ohio; Joshua Freed in Rushford, Minn.; Mike Wilson in Des Moines, Iowa; Scott Bauer in Madison, Wis.; Jim Irwin in Detroit; and Jim Salter in St. Louis contributed to this report.

© 2007 The Associated Press.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Gabriel,
    I read that too and was worried about you and the fellow Midwest Forters. Glad you are ok, hope everyone else is too.

You know its early on Sun., no coffee yet, really should have my glasses on because I first read part of that news article as TOMATOS touched down and because its early, no coffee, it didn't immediately register that that was REALLY not right. I either need to make coffee or go back to bed.

Anyway, I hope my fellow FORTers are safe from Tornados (or tomatos, I guess you never know), power outages, floods and other natural disasters.
    Take care everyone and know that our thoughts are with you. (however, if it is tomatos, you are on your own!)

(and really, I'm not trying to make light of your situations. I honestly saw Tomatos and it just took forever for the old brain synapses to realize that tomatos was not what I saw. However, the brain cells thought tomatos could actually be a viable scenario, so that's when I know I need to go wake up somemore. I hope you don't get offended as I truly meant no harm. And you should know by now that I can laugh in any situation, so I hope that I have lessened your burden a little with my tomatos touching down. If that truly were the case, then we'd all be heading to the midwest as you midwesterners would make tomato sauce or something equally as good)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2545934;
    Did you used to play the game when you were little of holding your breath when you passed a cemetary? Maybe you are subconsciously providing your brain with quick oxygen in anticipation. I sneeze every time I chew Dentyne Ice gum (my favorite - strong mint). My mom is stuck in Chicago because of the storms flooding the major highways.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread