+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Great letter, Duxxy! Now I'd need to meet you in person to determine if you are a nut!! Just kidding!

Here's a question: What unusual things make you sneeze? I met a guy, yesterday, who has sunlight sneezes. I had never heard of such! Now I know why people tell you to look at a light when you have a sneeze that you can't get out. I did find out that his problem is termed "photic sneeze reflex". Interesting.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-23-2007 at 07:20 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dux, do you get a lot of people asking if you provide "round the clock" care? I'm curious if there's a big demand for it in your area. I know I could get a higher-paying job right now - doing shift work, of course - if I knew of anyone who provided evening childcare.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fan

Okay. I really have to comment on all the dumb questions people in the media ask. It really does get absurd. Some local and other national:

When Tammy Faye was on LKL 2 before she she died. He said how are you doing??

Local reporter: We had bad floods here about 1 year ago. She says to the field reporter, kinda reminds of Katrina huh??. I am glad he shot back and said you really can't compare the to.

Hannah Storm(early show) Interviewing mine family members right after the incident. How hopeful are you that they are alive. What kind of question is that. The family members said "VERY"

Ann Curry:Interviewing someone who's plane crashed. The woman said she was glad she was not physically hurt, but she was upset she lost all the things she bought the trip. Ann ended the interview with "Good luck with the shopping.

Ann Curry: The cute Jeff Ranerei(sp) was filling in for Al Roker today. He was reporting love from Findlay, Ohio in the floods. She said it looks like there is a lot of flooding babe.(I swear she said that)

Ann Curry: When interviewing the family member of the miners. She said why did he want to be a miner?? Family responded, because it paid well and wanted a better for his family. She responded with something like "Okay, so it was for the money.

Can't think of anymore right now.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 08-23-2007 at 08:26 PM.

I loved your letter, Dux. We have the same problems here. I had to pay to keep my slot open at my sitters so my daughter could have before and after school care. My sitter is thinking about dropping the license because it is such a pain to maintain, but it doesn't do her any good.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2542177;
    Great letter, Duxxy! Now I'd need to meet you in person to determine if you are a nut!! Just kidding!

Here's a question: What unusual things make you sneeze? I met a guy, yesterday, who has sunlight sneezes. I had never heard of such! Now I know why people tell you to look at a light when you have a sneeze that you can't get out. I did find out that his problem is termed "photic sneeze reflex". Interesting.
    And here I always thought my husband was weird because I had never heard anyone else ever having sunlight sneezes. He always sneezes in the sun. And when he eats chocolate.

Vibration (Newf, don't even go there. ) makes me sneeze. If I'm in a vehicle that vibrates or sit in one of those vibrating chairs they have at the pharmacy while you wait on Rx's, my nose starts to tickle and then I sneeze.
    I can't use the clippers to shave my husband's head as the vibration in them travels up my arm and tickles my nose and I sneeze.

When I have more time in the morning, I have GOT to tell you all the story of my dr. visit today and the waiting room full of (I swear they all have to be aliens, or if not, I would be willing to bet at least one of them has been abducted by aliens) very "different" people and the woman with the exploding bowel. I heard exploding bowel about 10,000 times and heard the nitty gritty details of how and why it exploded, how the surgeon fixed it and what her bathroom habits are since them.
    I swear I attract the weirdos like a magnet. I had my nose so close to my book that I swear it was touching the pages. I had to to avoid making eye contact and getting drawn into the conversation because I was having a hard time keeping a straight face, hence the book covering my face. I realize that an "exploded" bowel is not a laughing matter, but this woman was a rare specimen let me tell you. I need a camera crew to follow me around. I swear they will get enough material for a great reality series.
    And you all need to "watch out for those "pharmacy men" who tell you to take stuff that will explode your bowel in just TWO days!"

I have to write a book now. "The exploding bowel and other amazing true stories heard in doctor's waiting rooms".
    -------------------------------------
    Duxxy Very good letter. Let us know if you get responses to it.
    I too tend to write to the editor about things I am passionate about.
    Usually mine are in response to another letter or an article like yours was.
    Way to go. I would love to hear any feedback you get from it.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-23-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I once got a comment published in the newspaper, it was about Jlo and how she was pretty much on the payroll because she had a story in the newspaper every single day. I made sure that it was obvious i didnt care for her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD: I would SO love to hear that story. My college roomate is lucky enough to still have both of her grandmothers alive. The grannies get together and compete over the most hideous medical stories that they can tell. It's funny, gross and odd at the same time. Both grandmas love me but they have informed me about gout, boils and other health conditions over the years. I would LOVE to be able to tell an exploding bowel story.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2542177;

I don't always sneeze in sunlight, but light sure is great way to provoke a sneeze.

My husband sneezes when he first goes into sunlight. But he doesn't just sneeze once. He has a whole series of sneezes. It's pretty funny the first time someone hears him sneeze. They automatically say "God bless you" after the first one, but then when he goes on and on and on . . . the looks on their faces are priceless.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2543490;
    My husband sneezes when he first goes into sunlight. But he doesn't just sneeze once. He has a whole series of sneezes. It's pretty funny the first time someone hears him sneeze. They automatically say "God bless you" after the first one, but then when he goes on and on and on . . . the looks on their faces are priceless.
    funny. my dad is the loudest sneezer in the world. I sear he wants to let America know.

My dad's name is also Roy. Who names there child Roy?

And if you say his parents. I will slap you

+ Reply to Thread