+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2539322;
    Don't forget that old standby, "because". That used to drive me nuts when my parents used that word.

Another one is "nunya" as in "none of your business".
    When my daughter was little, my standard reply was always: "maybe". One day she was about 4 and stomped her feet and got disgusted with me and said rather loudly and rudely: "Maybe ALWAYS means NO!" And I guess she was right. So I tried not to use maybe and because anymore as answers to her.

My mother always said: "because I said so" and that used to drive me nuts. It was the whole TOTAL authority thing about that phrase that used to drive me crazy. Like she was the dictator of the family. Of course, once I had a child, then I understood it.
    But then again, I've always had trouble with authority. I just hate being told I can't do something.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Btw, Superbrat, I still have an invisible tent outside the goodwill store guarding some items i still want. I've gotten quite a few but i have a ways to go.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2539330;
    My mother always said: "because I said so" and that used to drive me nuts. It was the whole TOTAL authority thing about that phrase that used to drive me crazy. Like she was the dictator of the family. Of course, once I had a child, then I understood it.
    But then again, I've always had trouble with authority. I just hate being told I can't do something.

I was about 18 the last time my mother used the phrase, "Because I said so!". I remember telling her that that was not going to work anymore, and I stood my ground. Believe it or not, she let me keep all of my teeth! And I never heard that phrase again.

While my sister and I were growing up, and we would question something she had said, one of her favorite things to say to us was, "Don't Dispute My Word!" in that very stern mother-voice! She's gone, but we still laugh about that one today!

One of my favorite sayings for my know-it-all son was, "Let me tell you something, everything you do is rerun for me!" He didn't have much to say in return.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-22-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2539841;
    One of my favorite sayings for my know-it-all son was, "Let me tell you something, everything you do is rerun for me!" He didn't have much to say in return.
    That's such a a funny (and true) thing to say! Yeah, we all think we're so unique but our parents/grandparents have seen/heard it all!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I love this one!! Can I borrow it and try it on my know-it-all daughter? She's driving me crazy with her incessant "Why?" and/or "Why not?"

FORT Fan

I was about 18 the last time my mother used the phrase, "Because I said so!". I remember telling her that that was not going to work anymore, and I stood my ground. Believe it or not, she let me keep all of my teeth! And I never heard that phrase again.
    You are too much

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Everybody, feel free to use the "rerun" line on your people. It doesn't leave them with much to come back with!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2539934;
    Everybody, feel free to use the "rerun" line on your people. It doesn't leave them with much to come back with!
    That's great, prhoshay!

My Mom used to say, "I've been your age, you've never been mine", when I wanted to dispute her wisdom. She was smart, because that little phrase of hers always remained true.

MRD

Lopevian and Prhoshay.

GREAT lines. I am off to use both of them on my know it all teenage daughter.

A thousand thanks.

MRD

Flooding in midwest

Mods, feel free to move this, but as I thought two (and probably more) regular posters are from WI and OH that this might be relavent to them.

Gabriel and Uncle Scott-

Here's hoping you are not in the flooding zones and are staying dry and safe. You and the kitties.

Please let us know how things are where you live because we all care and are worried.

+ Reply to Thread