+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2536080;
    I think its important to be polite, but sometimes people can be pretty rude and they don't even realize it. For some reason, I seem like a magnet for people to talk to, but sometimes I just do what I want to do without the hassle. I think sometimes when someone starts talking I still engage, so it keeps them going that is part of my problem. But sometimes I do nothing and still get it.

I went to the bank today and I asked for a withdraw of $66. Teller says why do you want such an odd amount?? Well, in truth I was going to pay my therapist, but I didn't really want to tell her.

I really didn't know what to say and I am not the type of person to say none of your business, because she was truly just trying to be nice. I said I am getting a money order. She said well we have money orders here for free. I said I need a postal money order, because the person on ebay wants it that way. She said that's strange. I'm thinking what is strange is you asking me what I am taking the money out for. I mean after all you are a bank and I am sure you deal with odd amounts all day long. (sigh)

Next:

Another thing that happened that was even more rude, and this time I really could of said something, but I didn't. My doctor told me this was REALLY RUDE. I suffer with OCD and was buying a book on the subject, and when I am purchasing the book the lady that rings me up recommended a book on depression for me. All I said to her was hello and wanted to buy the book. I thought you got to be kidding. I said I have ocd and its for that. She said I have a friend who has ocd and she is down at the clinic. I was like okay.

Then she says to me I don't know that many people with ocd and its great to have met me. I later went to the bookstore and I was going to buy a magazine, but I didn't want to because she was the only clerk ringing people up. I didn't want more comments on other things I read.

Next:
    This one didn't bother me at all, but is kind of funny, because she was truly just making conversation. I was at chick-fil-lay I just wanted was an Iced Tea and the lady ringing me up says you look REALLY wet. I was wet. Well, I was very polite and said its pouring out. She says is it suppose to rain all day.?? I said I think so. She said "wow" I then wasn't being sarcastic, & said there is even lightining out. I said there are some flood warnings in the some of the southern counties. Im thinking Cleveland is not new to rain or snow. She then gets my tea and said sorry for the wait, but I poured a little too high. I was like "ok, thanks"

I like being approachable but some days, I just think I am the wrong person in the shrinks office.

Well I don't think most peoplel realize they are being rude, they perceive it as being friendly and giving good service, but it is rude.

Ann Landers said that when someone asks you a very personal question you should respond "and why ever would you want to know THAT?". It can be a lot less rude than "none of your business" and usually reflects back on the person that they've stepped into a personal matter and they clam up. I think sometimes people just don't think and hearing you ask them why they want to know (in the nicest way possible of course) makes them realize they have overstepped. It does work as I've used it before.

I think I would have told the lady at the bank that you wanted the $66 in ones as you were planning to go to the local strip joint. I bet that would have really shut her up!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I went to the bank today and I asked for a withdraw of $66. Teller says why do you want such an odd amount??
    Because $65 isn't enough, and $67 is too much. Duh!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

What a question from a bank teller! I bet her boss would have loved to have known that.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Sometimes I like asking questions when asked a question. "Why do you want such an odd amount?" I'd just say, "Why do you think it's an odd amount? No other teller did!" And then just look really shocked that he/she would even make such an odd comment! They won't know if you're yanking their chain or are really concerned for them...

Someone once asked me if I was pregnant (I had been pregnant and had just miscarried, so my belly wasn't flat yet). I didn't want to deal with such a rude question so I just said excitedly, "No I'm not. Are you?! Oh, I'm so happy for you!!!"

I wish people would just say, "Hi, how are you," and do their job and move along. My dental hygenist is a really nice lady but I know way more than I'd like to about her private life. And if she were able to talk and work at the same time, it wouldn't bother me so much, but she stops cleaning my teeth to tell me the ins and outs of her life. Another time, I had a cab driver who kept stopping everytime he turned around to STARE at me and talk to me. A lot of times, I'm working in the cab on my way to a meeting. When I told him that, he got all huffy and actually said that since I was too high and mighty to talk to him... Whatever, dude.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Another time, I had a cab driver who kept stopping everytime he turned around to STARE at me and talk to me.
    Lmao!!!!!!!!! What a loon. I usually wear my glasses and earbuds because i know it can act as a screen between me and those i dont want bugging me. If i do get comments it's from people i dont even look twice at and if i do answer, it's something brief or i answer a question with a question.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2537297;
    oh wow... muscle relaxers knock me out! I sprained my back somehow on friday, and I went to the doctor's yesterday, and they gave me muscle relaxers and vicodin. I only took a muscle relaxer, and I took a lovely 5 hour nap Getting home from the hospital at 3 am probably helped that in some way though....
    Muscle relaxers!
    I love how they zen you into feeling one with the bed.

From further back:
    I went to the bank today and I asked for a withdraw of $66. Teller says why do you want such an odd amount??
    Actually [to the teller], 66 is an even number -- it's not odd at all (if I remember kindergarten math correctly. . .)!
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-21-2007 at 09:20 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2538483;
    Actually [to the teller], 66 is an even number -- it's not odd at all (if I remember kindergarten math correctly. . .)!
    I love it!!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2538483;
    Muscle relaxers!
    I love how they zen you into feeling one with the bed.

From further back:

Perfect answer. LOL. I wish I had you with me. This kind of answer makes no one feel bad, and is funny at the same time.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2539265;
    Perfect answer. LOL. I wish I had you with me. This kind of answer makes no one feel bad, and is funny at the same time.
    I love it too. I wish I was quick on my feet with comebacks. I always think of them an hour after the fact when its much too late.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Don't forget that old standby, "because". That used to drive me nuts when my parents used that word.

Another one is "nunya" as in "none of your business".

+ Reply to Thread