+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6765Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2530275;
    nevermind it's not the same I just looked them up. I saw a stainless steel one that was just gorgeous!
    We went to a store tonight and looked at some and they are gorgeous...but kind of expensive. We may still get one anyway. I like how some of the models fits underneath the counter top (the oven part) and the stove is over the counter top...so if there's a spill, I don't have to take the whole stovetop apart to clean it...it looks like it'd be a nice way to keep things tidy! AND, the little food bits won't fall between the crevice between the stove and the counters...We're going to have to save our pennies to get one of these! I have my heart set on a stainless steel (slide in) as well, now!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2530319;
    Our temperature has gone from 105 degrees to 74 degrees today, thanks to a couple of storms. Unbelievable.
    I wish ours would. 2 weeks ago we had horribly high temps, then it dropped back to the low 90's and yesterday was back over 100 again.
    And in July it actually got down to 63 and I needed a light jacket. Crazy weather.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Our nights are going into the 60's lately. Just the perfect weather!

FORT Fan

I love sharing these kind of stories.

Today I went up to my old community college to get my past transcripts. And I really consider myself a friendly guy, so I went up to the registration desk and I said "Is there where you get past transcripts??" I knew it was, but just asked anyway. Well, this woman must really hate her job. The only way I don't get angry at rude people anymore is I have a conversation with myself while talking of what I really want to say(like a cloud over my head) and it keeps me grounded.

She said "what do you mean transcripts??". Like I am the idiot for asking(lol) I swear she acted like I was the first human to ask or call them a transcript. I said you know from past classes? She then said to me, you mean something or another. She had a different name for it, but it still have the word transcript in it. I was like "Yeah that" So she is pulling up my file and she hand its to me. While she is doing this her coworker was acting a little "goofy" but polite on the phone. She starts making faces at her coworker to me. She must of been jealous because her coworker was a total MILF. She on the other hand had a bad personality, rude and was fugly. She said it looks like you haven't taken any classes here in the past, I said I have, but its been about 4 years. She says well this is all that shows up on the computer and your transcript. She says are you sure you took classes here before?? and I said "yes" I then said nicely I am really confused I took classes here awhile ago and it should say 24 credits. She is confident that I DID NOT. Anyway, she looks at the computer and she gives me the transcript of "John Smith" She said that's the problem. I said yeah, I am not "John Smith"

Then I was sweet as sugar and said I really should of looked at the transcript as soon as you gave it to me. Her reply "Oh, I really should of have" Now she was being nice.

Then her sweetness continued to me. I'm so sorry, blah, blah.I left walking out of the building feeling like a gem, because she was a total idiot and I totally owned her sorry butt.

Also knowing that I would post this on here, when I got home made me feel better to.

I really could of let her get to me, but I did a Permission Denied(love that saying, a great friend told me that one)
    Last edited by snarkattack; 08-17-2007 at 06:27 PM.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2532684;
    I really could of let her get to me, but I did a Permission Denied(love that saying, a great friend told me that one)
    That is a great saying indeed. It can be so frustrating dealing with people like that, but it's best when one can just let it go, knowing it's not personal anyway.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2528410;
    Marleybone: I hope they enjoy their trip and it's safe. They should stop and have a coffee with Andy and Tessa while they are there!
    Thanks. They arrived this afternoon, my son called us tonight and everything is fine. They ended up with a free upgrade to an ocean view room, my son went out on the balcony, put his phone on speaker and let me listen to the waves on the beach. I want to go there now.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2531910;
    Our nights are going into the 60's lately. Just the perfect weather!
    That's just not fair; it's still 80 at night here, over 100 every day, and the humidity is high too...ugh. I hate summer!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I agree! Today was the 11th day in a row that we've had temperatures over the 100 mark. My Tomato plants are NOT doing well.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

It was 107 here on Thur and my hubby was working in an unairconditioned metal building. He said it had to be 120 or hotter in that building.

Well you guys have "Harry and David jinxed me". We had to go "up the road a piece" to pick up a part (my husband is trying to fix our refrigerator door himself) and there was an outlet mall. He wanted to stop (1st unbelievable happening as he never wants to go shopping and especially to malls) because he needs work boots. Well there was a Harry and David outlet store there and I HAD to go in and try all the samples. OK, now I want a Harry and David gift basket. I did settle for a small bag of wasabi peas for now.

The Timberland outlet store (for work boots) was unbelievably expensive (another shoe store had the same Timberland boots for less than the timberland store). We went in several stores and saw some good deals, but for the most part I did not think the outlet prices were much less than regular. The real bargain we got is that my daughter bought a real down filled jacket that was originally $200 and marked down to $80 and when we got it to the cash register it was an additional 50% off so it was only $40. As we had the winter from hell last year with her and trying to find a coat and not finding what she wanted and her always being cold because she didn't have a coat, we were more than glad to pay $80 for one, but even gladder to only pay $40. But I went in a clothing store that I happen to like and I didn't think their prices were any different than the regular store in the regular mall. Since I am not a mall shopper for the most part and haven't really done much outlet mall shopping, I guess you have to really look for bargains, but that most of the stuff is not really a bargain.

Winter can arrive anytime now. We are ready for it and tired of the really outrageous heat.

We did see and I wish I had had my camera, a most strange site. We went North to a little town called Gaffney. They have their water tower next to the interstate. Gaffney grows a lot of peaches, so the tower is shaped like a peach. It's a fairly short water tower and fairly huge and the peach was very lifelike with the crease down one side of it. The water tower actually looked like a gigantic butt. We have laughed all evening about the "peach butt". It really was one of those "what were they thinking" sights because you could not look at this thing and see "peach", it looked more like a really rosy behind.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been ready for Winter since Summer began!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread