+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6571Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've had Harry and David gift boxes, and they are quite good.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Well I survived!

Thanks for all the tips. I ended up freezing some wet dishtowels...that worked really well. My company also provided a bus with a/c that we could get on during our stopovers. That was what really made a difference.

By the way--has anyone ever heard 800 girls walking-wearing flip-flops? I have. There were a few rebels wearing tennis shoes... And they all were wearing dresses (and carrying their heels) all these girls were "rushing" the greek houses. By the end of the day everyone was tired/hot. It only got up to 104. But I made it home, took over the recliner and laptop, got a huge glass of ice water, doggies at my feet. I'm happy.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2528089;
    . . . So it isn't self-indulgent hedonism, it's necessary research
    And exactly what is wrong with self-indulgent hedonism?? I think it definitely has its place in a rough and trying world!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2526886;
    My son and DIL are leaving Friday for a short trip to Hawaii, so hopefully everything will be calmed down by then. Glad you are ok, lei.
    Marleybone: I hope they enjoy their trip and it's safe. They should stop and have a coffee with Andy and Tessa while they are there!

myrosiedog: Yum. Those edible arrangments looks really really good!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2528020;
    You know, sending yourself something like this is one way of knowing (hopefully) exactly what you are sending to someone else!
    You are SUCH a GOOD salesman!!!!

I wanted to send her some good SC peaches, but the Easter freeze ruined most of this year's peach crop, so sending peaches was more expensive than sending gold. I think she'll like the fruit bouquet. It's different and I'm sure a welcome departure from the prepared meals that are delivered.
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. My dad got a Harry and David gift box one time and I had forgotten how wonderful it was. Must remember that for next time.
    There is a GREAT homemade candy company here in Greenville, but they don't ship until Oct. because of the heat and this had to go to Florida, so chocolates were out. But the edible bouquet company is a chain, so it will be coming from the store in her town.

Livin4reality, glad you survived the heat on the first day.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-16-2007 at 08:06 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Slide-in range/stove question

Does anyone have a slide-in range/oven and if so, do you like it? I know they're more expensive than regular ovens but don't really know what the "slide in" aspect is all about...Thanks!

is 'slide in' the same as a built in Lois??? I have a built-in wall oven and I love it! No more bending or stooping!
    The only thing I don't like about my wall oven is that the door opens out and down.. if I had been the one installing it I would have chosen an oven with a door that opened to the side, making cleaning easier. My husband tells me that a side opening door may lead to burns (if the door swung back and touched you) but if you had something in there and you were checking it, you'd pull the rack out so that just shows you how much hubbby cooks with the oven
    his forte is the grill of course!

nevermind it's not the same I just looked them up. I saw a stainless steel one that was just gorgeous!
    Last edited by Duxxy; 08-16-2007 at 07:37 PM.

Duxxy-Sometimes the oven door just lifts right off. You could try it on yours. Just open the door about a 1/4 of a way and give it a little tug.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

yep - mine lifts off too. It's a real pain to put something heavy into the oven like a turkey or roast because it's above waist height and you have to heft it in and then stretch 2ft over hot door to put it in. Just a flaw in design IMO.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Our temperature has gone from 105 degrees to 74 degrees today, thanks to a couple of storms. Unbelievable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread