+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6578Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2522706;
    I hate vacations that have the potential to have work-related components infused in them. That Is Not A Vacation. Sometimes, it's better to be part of the problem than part of the solution!
    That's why I hustled my buns this past week to complete all of the prep work for all of my Aug. 20-week lessons before leaving on vacation. I don't even want to think about work next week. (My hubby has permission to slap me silly if I say the words "my student.")
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2522481;
    ^^^
    Thanks so much, lei! And I'm sending wishes your way that Flossie is nothing more than an ocean breeze by the time she reaches HI.
    And I thank you, Ellen! I sure hope we're gonna get some positive news tomorrow.

MRD

Lei, hoping Flossie misses the islands. Today is the 3rd anniversary of Hurricane Charley. I can't believe its been 3 years and things are still not completely back to normal. Many buildings still not repaired and several schools still under construction. Charley was minor compared to Katrina, so I know that if its taken 3 years to fix Charley's mess, then NO will be working for years trying to get everything done.

What a time that was after that storm. I found out I never want to live without electricity and air conditioning.
    But it was amazing how the community banded together and we had very, very little looting due to the governor's proactive stance before the hurricane struck. It was a hugely different scenario from Katrina. We had response from the Nat'l Guard, Red Cross and power companies and the Miami/Dade Hurricane task force within a couple hours after the storm cleared out. The guard was in place that night and that kept most of the looting under control. Of course our area is a LOT smaller than the area Katrina hit.

Anyway, Lei, hoping Flossie chooses to go elsewhere. (she may have already, I haven't seen the news in about 24 hours)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, mrd. I'm so sorry you had to deal with Charley. Your story is encouraging, though, that response can be good.

I woke up early, curious about progress. Still looks like Maui isn't likely to bear the brunt, if there is much a "brunt" left when Flossie approaches. Still, I'll be relieved when we know for sure!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Too late to edit my post but the Big Island (the only one south of us) was just put under hurricane watch. I'm sending prayers to my friends and others there!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers here, lei. Let us know when things calm down so we know you're alright.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, ScoutMom.

Good news is it's downgraded to a cat 3. We're still at the edge of the projection cone, but we're thinking positive thoughts for now.

MRD

Sending good thoughts your way. Hope the storm takes a U turn.

I just realized that today is the one year anniversary of our move to SC. I can't believe its been a year already. Even with all the not so good things that have happened in this year, I still think we made a good move. I'd rather be here with bad things happening than back in Florida with bad things happening and 98% humidity and 9 months of intolerable heat. I think the change in climate has helped me tolerate all the other stuff a lot better than I would have had I been burning up in Florida.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2524945;
    Sending good thoughts your way. Hope the storm takes a U turn.

I just realized that today is the one year anniversary of our move to SC. I can't believe its been a year already. Even with all the not so good things that have happened in this year, I still think we made a good move. I'd rather be here with bad things happening than back in Florida with bad things happening and 98% humidity and 9 months of intolerable heat. I think the change in climate has helped me tolerate all the other stuff a lot better than I would have had I been burning up in Florida.
    WOW! Hard to believe its already been a year since your move! Seems like only yesterday you were talking about moving!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Lei:I hope that Flossie misses you! My best hurricane advice is to fill up your bathtub(s) with water. That way you'll have water for the kitties, be able to flush and wash your face if the water supply goes out. I know this sounds silly but my Mom always did this in advance of a hurricane when I was a child and I do the same thing whenever we are threatened. My "better half" is from California and he constantly makes fun of me for this but he's gotten used to my hiding in the closet with my flashlight, pillow and drink during tornado warnings. Take care!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread