+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2518285;
    I think I need to start going to a different post office. Today was a 45 minute wait, and the people seem to get stranger everytime I go in. This time I was waiting in line and the guy in front of me was kind of strange looking. When I first looked at him I knew he was wearing a toupee but then I looked at his beard and was almost certain that was not real either. I really think his facial features were disguised as well. He didn't seem like someone who was in some kind of accident or burn victim either, but someone just digusing himself. I wanted to ask him what crime he commited and when I should look for him on AMW??

Then the lady in back of me starting talking to me and she was nice, but I had no clue what she was talking about, but at least she was pleasant. She was in her 70's a a former school teacher.

Then then there was another lady in line. And when she heard school teacher, she said don't bring it up, I assumed she taught and asked her and she said she taught 8th grade English and she said she is a real witch, but they will appreciate it later. (lol)

I think someone on the forum posted a funny pic of there kid with a "I have issues" shirt. I want one of those, so I don't have to engage in any more post office chatter.
    Just about every PO I've been in has a huge wait and strange people. Before we left Florida you had to wait while the Russians tried to talk to the people that worked there and neither one understood each other and the line got held up.

I'm one of those weird people that strike up conversations with strangers in lines. I can't help it. I get bored standing there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2517850;
    I was in a store and saw a pair of shoes I liked marked down. Then I noticed the same pair, but in black. The black pair was also marked down, but was $10 more than the red and the white pairs. When I asked the salesclerk why, she answered it was because the black sell more, so they keep the price higher. How is that supposed to make sense? It's the same pair, just a different color? I left the shoes there and they lost a sale. Screw that.
    They're in the business of making money, that's their one concern.

eta: Myrosiedog, you are loved.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2517850;
    I was in a store and saw a pair of shoes I liked marked down. Then I noticed the same pair, but in black. The black pair was also marked down, but was $10 more than the red and the white pairs. When I asked the salesclerk why, she answered it was because the black sell more, so they keep the price higher. How is that supposed to make sense? It's the same pair, just a different color? I left the shoes there and they lost a sale. Screw that.
    I was at IKEA once to buy a coffee table. I found one I liked; it came in white and "wood". The white one was smaller and was supposed to be marked down, while the wood one was one the regular price. However the tag marking them down didn't show that it was just the white one marked down. But after some talking with a sales clerk and the boss in charge I was able to get the cheaper price because the boss agreed that the sign wasn't clear enough. The sales clerk also got busted for he had made the sign.

So sometimes you can get what you want. And considering the fact that this story has been told and I have bought more at IKEA will probably give them more good publicity and profit than that small amount from the table.

SuperBrat: Wow, Pixar....work hard! I hope your idea is fabulous!

myrosiedog: I'm very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. But your attitude and sense of humor will pull you through this along with your family and friends! . Oh, and rosie, bogie, and Waldo.

snarkattack: Yikes. Stay away from the PO!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei:

I just saw that Hurricaine Flossie (cat.4) is headed your way. PLEASE be safe and well with your family and your critters!!

We are thinking of you!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2521846;
    lei:

I just saw that Hurricaine Flossie (cat.4) is headed your way. PLEASE be safe and well with your family and your critters!!

We are thinking of you!
    Thank you, misskitty!

We are watching, and feel pretty well prepared. While it probably won't effect us badly, it's still a nervous-making-thing!

Hubby and I are leaving for a week's vacation tomorrow -- San Francisco for the first part of the week, then to visit my cousins a bit north of there in wine country. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for on-time, uneventful flights and no earthquakes!

The day after we get back home, I'll be giving my first downtown-area walking tour and English lesson of the new semester for my ESL school-without-walls.

The program was supposed to start up again the following week -- to give me a week's breather -- but a client who had cancelled in July rescheduled for the week after next. So this past week I've been not only tutoring, but also getting all of the post-vacation week's lesson prepping done. I need a vacation!
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-12-2007 at 06:51 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

lei
    FORT Fogey

Ellen - I hope you have a fun and relaxing vacation, and that the program starts smoothly! I'm one who really needs a transition between things like that so I appreciate how it might be hectic. Sending good wishes your way!

^^^
    Thanks so much, lei! And I'm sending wishes your way that Flossie is nothing more than an ocean breeze by the time she reaches HI.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate vacations that have the potential to have work-related components infused in them. That Is Not A Vacation. Sometimes, it's better to be part of the problem than part of the solution!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread