+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I was in a store and saw a pair of shoes I liked marked down. Then I noticed the same pair, but in black. The black pair was also marked down, but was $10 more than the red and the white pairs. When I asked the salesclerk why, she answered it was because the black sell more, so they keep the price higher. How is that supposed to make sense? It's the same pair, just a different color? I left the shoes there and they lost a sale. Screw that.

MRD - my father has been diagnosed with parkinson's too - he is on a lot of meds - most make him sleepy. Let me know if you'd like to hear about them. one is pretty new and my sister found out about it and he got it way before his doctor would have told him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2517850;
    I was in a store and saw a pair of shoes I liked marked down. Then I noticed the same pair, but in black. The black pair was also marked down, but was $10 more than the red and the white pairs. When I asked the salesclerk why, she answered it was because the black sell more, so they keep the price higher. How is that supposed to make sense? . . .
    Econ 101: supply and demand -- the higher the demand, the more you can charge. They've probably found that there are enough people who are willing to fork over the extra Hamilton for the black shoes to make up for the lower profits on the further-marked-down colors. Go figure.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Thanks all. I am trying to keep positive and laugh. It was hard at first, but one of my friends said that with my head swaying like it is, they can call me Bobble Head Rosiedog. I am now looking for bobbleheads you can put your picture in, as I'm going to give her one with my photo in it. So yeah, my twisted sick sense of humor is helping. And knowing I have friends and family for support. Especially here. You guys are great. Thanks again.

PGM, could you PM me with the info about your dad. I'm sorry you guys are going through this. I've seen it first hand with my dad, so let me know if I can help you in any way.

They have not said it is definete parkinson's. So I'm hoping that its not as I'm fairly young to get it. Like I said I have a "team" that has drained me of blood, sent me for MRI's, CT scans, all kinds of tests, medications, etc. All seem to agree something is wrong, but they can't agree on exactly what it is and scaring me with "what if" diagnosis'. Meanwhile, I'm the one sitting here waiting for them to come up with something and I'm not a very patient, patient.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2517905;
    . . . Like I said I have a "team" that has drained me of blood . . .
    You might want to start wearing a string of garlic around your neck.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2517917;
    You might want to start wearing a string of garlic around your neck.
    If only that would work.
    Yeah, I'm also been anemic for several years, so everytime they take blood I have to remind them that they may have to put some back.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

I think I need to start going to a different post office. Today was a 45 minute wait, and the people seem to get stranger everytime I go in. This time I was waiting in line and the guy in front of me was kind of strange looking. When I first looked at him I knew he was wearing a toupee but then I looked at his beard and was almost certain that was not real either. I really think his facial features were disguised as well. He didn't seem like someone who was in some kind of accident or burn victim either, but someone just digusing himself. I wanted to ask him what crime he commited and when I should look for him on AMW??

Then the lady in back of me starting talking to me and she was nice, but I had no clue what she was talking about, but at least she was pleasant. She was in her 70's a a former school teacher.

Then then there was another lady in line. And when she heard school teacher, she said don't bring it up, I assumed she taught and asked her and she said she taught 8th grade English and she said she is a real witch, but they will appreciate it later. (lol)

I think someone on the forum posted a funny pic of there kid with a "I have issues" shirt. I want one of those, so I don't have to engage in any more post office chatter.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 08-10-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Snark, didn't your momma teach you not to talk to strangers? Actually, my mother always talks to strangers in line at the post office. Me, I go after they close and use the automatic machine. No lines & no one to chat with, though it does get creepy in there sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2518285;
    Today was a 45 minute wait....

I think it must have been the day. I had a 30 minute wait in line at Walmart of all places!

MRD, I hope the results come back with the best results possible.

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2518285;
    I think I need to start going to a different post office. Today was a 45 minute wait, and the people seem to get stranger everytime I go in. This time I was waiting in line and the guy in front of me was kind of strange looking. When I first looked at him I knew he was wearing a toupee but then I looked at his beard and was almost certain that was not real either. I really think his facial features were disguised as well. He didn't seem like someone who was in some kind of accident or burn victim either, but someone just digusing himself. I wanted to ask him what crime he commited and when I should look for him on AMW??

Then the lady in back of me starting talking to me and she was nice, but I had no clue what she was talking about, but at least she was pleasant. She was in her 70's a a former school teacher.

Then then there was another lady in line. And when she heard school teacher, she said don't bring it up, I assumed she taught and asked her and she said she taught 8th grade English and she said she is a real witch, but they will appreciate it later. (lol)

I think someone on the forum posted a funny pic of there kid with a "I have issues" shirt. I want one of those, so I don't have to engage in any more post office chatter.

Ouch?

No one talks to anyone at our town post office, which might be a good thing....of course, the postal workers don't really talk to us either, which makes it very hard to buy stamps...

Like, seriously a 45-minute wait? How many people were there?

+ Reply to Thread