+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 2522 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758981485481048 ... LastLast
Like Tree6975Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Know what you mean, Ana Bannana! I think people look much better if they dress their age. I don't mean a woman has to look dowdy, either..or frumpy. Classics never go out of style.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Change of subject for just a minute. I'm watching some guy on tv, cook in the car. He has all these appliances that plug into the cigarette lighter. He had a crock pot, refrigerator and a little oven. You know what, I'd be all over one of those crock pots. Imagine traveling all day, being tired and not wanting to clean up for dinner. Okay, so McDonald's doesn't require a whole lot of "cleaning up" but work with me here, okay? How would you like to check into the motel, bathe and hop into your pj's and then pig out on your crock pot of soup or chili? I would like to know more about those, seriously. Anyone know anything?

Ana, I believe that I embarrass my daughter just by breathing, but her daughter thinks I'm cool, so I guess it's a trade off I can live with.

Rattus, I always had nice leg until a few years ago when one got so much larger than the other due to me having to wear a brace for a couple of years. This is the first year that I've worn shorts in a while. I wouldn't be caught dead in short shorts but I really like bermuda length, just not the tighter legs.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Also, I saw in the dairy case, a box of SkinnyCow ice cream sandwiches! I was sooo excited. I couldn't believe they were actually here in Canada! But then I saw the price. It was more than $9 and there were only 5 sandwiches in the box. Skinny cows are sure expensive. Too rich for my pocketbook. I was so disappointed. Went home with a box of low-fat generic ice cream.
    The SkinnyCows here come I think 6 to a box. I haven't tried them but Klondike makes a great sugar free ice cream bar called Slim-a-Bear. Here they cost $2.97 (at Walmart) for a box of 6 bars, but Curves was giving away $1 off coupons.

Re: Crockpot in car - hell yeah, I'd love something like that. I bought the book "Manifold Destiny" to try and figure out how to cook in the engine when we're on a road trip, but couldn't quite get it together. I really don't care much for the sort of food you buy at roadside rest stops, so'd I'd be really happy with some car-made vegetarian chili and a salad.

Re: ugly legs - I have the most hideous legs anyone has ever seen and I didn't wear shorts in public for years, but as the summers get hotter and I get older (and subsequently less visible to the younger folk), I can no longer force myself to swath my legs in fabric on a 90 degree day. I still wear the longer skirts to work and in general around my neighbourhood, but when we go to the beach or on some other day trip, it's big, baggy shorts for me. And yes, that's right, they do match my big, baggy behind.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It is just morally wrong to sell spandex to...well, to anyone really, but to some people more than others.

That needs to be written into law. Seriously, if our politicians are truly working for the people something needs to be done!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    The SkinnyCows here come I think 6 to a box.
    I bought a box of 20 at Sam's Club. I don't remember how much I paid. I think it was around $12. They're fantastic.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I bought a box of 20 at Sam's Club. I don't remember how much I paid. I think it was around $12. They're fantastic.
    Are they all vanilla? I see that they come in different flavors, I'm going to have to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Are they all vanilla? I see that they come in different flavors, I'm going to have to try them.
    In my opinion the best Skinny Cows are the mint and strawberry shortcake ones.

My only piece of advice is never keep them in the freezer for longer than 2 weeks, the ice cream turns funny.

Here you go, Muduh.

RoadPro's 12 Volt Slow Cooker Crock Pot. $25.99

RoadPro's 12 Volt Slow Cooker (12 Volt Crock Pot) is the easiest way to eat healthy while on the road. Throw in some meat and add your favorite vegetables at home, plug your 12 Volt Crock Pot into your 12 volt light adaptor and you'll have a nutritious meal ready at the end of the day. And clean up is a snap since the 12 volt crock pot has a removable, easy to clean Stoneware Crock

The 12 Volt Crock Pot, like all Crock Pots has a low operating temperature which actually helps less expensive cuts of meat become tender and causes less shrinkage.

Steam created by the tight lid and the long cooking times destroys bacteria, making the crock pot safe for cooking foods.

Features of the RoadPro 12 Volt Slow Cooker Crock Pot:12 Volt Slow Cooker Crock Pot by RoadPro

* Removable Easy to Clean 1 1/2 Quart Stoneware Crock
    * Clear Glass Lid
    * Secure Cord to Keep Lid Tight While Cooking
    * Cooker Base with Easy Grip Handles
    * 5' Power Cord Plugs into 12 Volt Cigarette Lighter
    http://www.roadtrucker.com/12-volt-c...-crock-pot.htm

And a lot more 12 volt appliances for the car here.....http://www.roadtrucker.com/12-volt-c...lt-cooking.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome View Post
    In my opinion the best Skinny Cows are the mint and strawberry shortcake ones.

My only piece of advice is never keep them in the freezer for longer than 2 weeks, the ice cream turns funny.
    Do you often have a problem with them lying around in the freezer for TWO weeks? Don't believe I've ever been presented with that particular mishap.

Hey Veejer, didn't see your post. Thanks for that information. I'm dead serious about wanting one.

+ Reply to Thread