+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6462Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fan

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

This is kind of a good story it happened yesterday. I hope you never encounter someone like this in real life.

So I was in the post office yesterday and it was normal post office stuff. Line out the door one person working, everyone complaining as usual.

So I say to the lady next to me, it looks like we are going to be here a long time I was just making conversation, and complaining slightly at the same time, and she says to me "Just be happy you are alive" I'm like great one of these, like why couldn't she just roll with me??

Then she tells me that WE as a society complain to much, and I was very polite and I said people are inpatient because they are busy and that's why people don't have a ton of patience.. She says I was in the bank yesterday and someone was complaining and the man said to some woman "its only money" "And he was so right" So I was like this isn't working so then I said we should put things in perspecive and look at the the bridge collapse in Minnesota. She says its NOT just that its all over that place. I was like, how do I answer this woman the right way, I could not please her at any level. LOL. I was like in a no win with her. I finally started telling her about ebay and what I was selling on there and she seemed interested, FINALLY! Then she told me about how she can't find a freakin' piece to her computer and was asking me if I knew where to get it. I said I am not good with computers, I said try BEST BUY or a Comp USA.. She was really annoying the heck out of me at this point. Then I told her I like to read, but I read a lot on the net, she said I should read the paper instead. I was like is this woman for real??. So then I told her I read the Plain Dealer which was a lie, and then she asked me what other papers I like I was like "USA Today" Haven't picked up a USA today in probably 5 years. She said that's a good one so and that point I felt like I scored a point. I mean she was worse then me or anyone else complaining about the line. She could not stop complaining about complainers. She then said she would like to take a picture of everyone in here, and see how sad and grumpy they look. I was thinking "huh?" Is that what you really want to do with youe spare time?? I said yeah, you could do some investigate report. I mean what was I suppose to say?? I think everything should of been uh-huh with her. So then as the time neared I got kind of obnoxious, but only to please myself and I said "Look how fast the time went by and we didn't even complain"

The woman told me she was married. I was thinking, NOT POSSIBLE. Could you imagine a night on the town with her. I look forward to going to the post office tomorrow, where everyone is cranky as usual.

I really thought a candid camera crew was there. Sadly, they were NOT. In total I spent 30 minutes with this woman. This is 30 minutes I will NEVER get back
    Last edited by snarkattack; 08-07-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Gut: I'm glad you are all safe from that nasty storm. They can be scary!

doxie: Yay for you getting your bedspread cheaper somewhere else!

snarkattack: Whew. That sounds like quite the line-up you were in. Sometimes you can't please others in conversations. No matter what they are about. I think you did a great job in just letting things go and getting your stuff done and getting outta there!

Myrosiedog is not feeling well at all these days so she has not posted much. But she misses everyone at the Fort. I told her I'd pass it along! Send good healing energy everyone!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ok in a couple of weeks we are headed south to Toronto and Niagara Falls to take in some of the sights with a very excited 7 yr old.

Question: Has anyone ever had supper at that Medieval Times Dinner club and Tournament?
    Is it worth the $160 for the 3 of us?? (yeah $160!! and no booze included!)

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

misskitty - when you hear from myrosiedog, please let her know that I'm thinking of her and sending well-wishes her way. I hope she's feeling better soon, and we miss her around here!

And thank you for letting us know she wasn't feeling well. Maybe (hopefully!) a wave of prayers and good thoughts will flow her way from your kind gesture!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2509862;
    misskitty - when you hear from myrosiedog, please let her know that I'm thinking of her and sending well-wishes her way. I hope she's feeling better soon, and we miss her around here!

And thank you for letting us know she wasn't feeling well. Maybe (hopefully!) a wave of prayers and good thoughts will flow her way from your kind gesture!
    From me, too. I've been thinking about her and wishing her well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2509806;
    Ok in a couple of weeks we are headed south to Toronto and Niagara Falls to take in some of the sights with a very excited 7 yr old.

Question: Has anyone ever had supper at that Medieval Times Dinner club and Tournament?
    Is it worth the $160 for the 3 of us?? (yeah $160!! and no booze included!)
    We have gone and enjoyed it a lot. They put on quite a show with your dinner and everyone is cheering and really getting into it. One time is usually enough - but that first time is a real blast.
    It is expensive for a single evening - but it was one I have not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2509800;
    Myrosiedog is not feeling well at all these days so she has not posted much. But she misses everyone at the Fort. I told her I'd pass it along! Send good healing energy everyone!
    Sending good wishes and positive energy her way!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Goes without saying Postive thoughts and prayers her way!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's hoping mrd gets better soon!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Add my name to the list of well-wishers for MRD. I hope she's feeling better soon.

+ Reply to Thread