+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7214Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2499666;
    Woo hoo!! I got a better bedspread from an upfront seller and I'm feeling quite smug.

I don't think there's enough prozac to handle 2 teen drivers kati *shiver*
    on the bedspread!

Yeah, that's why I drink Tequila! (just kidding, although, I should start)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2499626;
    I was always told: small kids, small troubles; big kids, big troubles. I'm good for a little while

I'm just counting my blessings for never having had any kids!
    (Teaching's enough -- I like working with 'em, and LOVE giving 'em back!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I tell ya, as a silent observer this summer (lifeguard) I can see where a lot of student problems come from - Mom: No, no, no, no, no, oh go ahead. Also, you would think people would appreciate teachers more after having their kids home full time in the summer. Maybe that's when we should push for budget increases... threaten to strike. ha.
    Count your blessings!

bwaaaahahaha Gut, I think that is probably perfect timing!
    "give us a raise/increase our pension/give us more prep time or keep your kids home indefinately"
    I bet they'd ante up!
    I'm glad I have my one kiddo, I love having my 'loners' all day but it's nice when 5pm rolls around and I get to give them back. As of September I am not longer taking my extra special kiddo on weekends. I have done it since mom changed jobs over 2 years ago and I'm getting a little worn out. She starts school, I won't be doing weekends - I should be refreshed in no time.

Trust me Gut and Dux, I totally appreciate my son's daycare educators. He's a great kid, but he's so active, just looking at him you get exhausted. They have my gratitude for dealing with him and many others like him on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2500434;
    bwaaaahahaha Gut, I think that is probably perfect timing!
    "give us a raise/increase our pension/give us more prep time or keep your kids home indefinately"
    I bet they'd ante up!
    I'm glad I have my one kiddo, I love having my 'loners' all day but it's nice when 5pm rolls around and I get to give them back. As of September I am not longer taking my extra special kiddo on weekends. I have done it since mom changed jobs over 2 years ago and I'm getting a little worn out. She starts school, I won't be doing weekends - I should be refreshed in no time.
    You babysit? I did that for 5 years. I started out with a handful of these wonderful kids with wonderful parents....as they grew up and started school, their replacements were horrid. I had one little girl who licked everything. Doorknobs, the t.v., carpet, toys...anything. It was gross. I tried to get her dad to have her tested for vitamin deficiencies and possible other issues, but he never took me serious. Another one was mean and would steal the toys I had here for them. Finally, I ended up with a baby that was 8 days older than my 6 week old. I agreed to watch him until she could find a permanent sitter. I figured, why not? I was getting my regular load back. It was a mistake. He cried all day long and I felt like I was neglecting my own son. She wasn't looking for another sitter, either. Finally, I just told everyone that I was quitting, gave them 3 months to find another sitter and that was that.

I love kids. Well, most kids... I have an abundance of patience, too. I just had had enough of dealing with children who wouldn't mind me and parent's who had to be reminded to pay me. Although, I have to say, I still have a few of my earlier kids come visit me regularly. One of them has been here about 3 days a week all summer. She's 11 and I adore her. We go shopping together, to the pool together, and she is a big help with my little guy. I always buy her stuff and take her to lunch because she won't take money when I try to pay her for helping out.

I have a home daycare with a full structured program so it's a bit more like pre-school than babysitting. I totally hear ya on the 'remind parents about payday' thing. In 7 years I have only had 2 that I have had to remind. The parents I have now give me post dated cheques for 3 months at a time. They find it easier and so do I.
    I think there are pictures of my playroom around Fort somewhere, I'll have to find them for you (if you're even interested )
    I don't usually take babies - they are a lot of work and the older kids do tend to fall by the wayside. I prefer kids that are walking. I took 1 baby at 8 weeks old (only because she was a sibling of a kiddo already in care) I will never do it again. It's just too much work. And she cries a hell of a lot more than my daughter ever did. biggest.complainer.ever.
    Next week is a Japanese theme. The kids are going to try eating with chopsticks. (my youngest one is 3.5)

And DR -it's very nice to be appreciated. and respected. and paid on time
    seriously though, there are many parents who see us as usurpers rather than their 'right hand man'. And others who figure we are just doing what we are paid to do. What's the big deal?! So it's really nice to hear 'I see you as a member of our family' rather than 'the sitter'
    caveat: it's really late, I am never up at this hour, if I don't make sense I'll have to clarify tomorrow

You are an angel, Duxxy. I love my day care provider. My daughter has been going to her since she was 3 months old, and she is 9 now. She will probably go there through elementary school.

I don't understand why people treat their daycare providers like dirt. They are in charge of what should be your most precious possession. She has had a fiew like that, though. Usually they are gone pretty quickly.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Finally back! We had a huge storm Friday and lost phone service until late yesterday. No phone or computer!! I had to find out who was nominated on Big Brother on TV! ha. The storm was awesome, though. My daughter and I had the late shift at the beach while it was going on. We watched from the guard shack porch. Continuous lightning for over an hour all around us. We screamed a couple of times. The stairs down to the beach were a virtual waterfall and we had hail that covered the ground (and shredded my garden). I'm lucky the phone is all that was affected. Anyway - good to be back.
    Count your blessings!

Sounds like that was some storm, Gut. Glad you and your daughter came through it safely without much damage.

+ Reply to Thread