+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6242Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Whoa! if she's jacking up the price then she's trying to cheat you. Contact support.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2498348;
    Whoa! if she's jacking up the price then she's trying to cheat you. Contact support.
    I eBay a lot and have only had two sellers change their terms after the sale, and both times it was resolved in my favor. If you payed via PayPal they do the resolving.

There is a risk of retaliatory negative feedback but if your record is otherwise positive people will understand. There's always a few jerks out there, but thankfully it's not most.

Good luck!

I just had a Ebay incident also. I prefer to use paypal and seldom bid on auctions that don't except it.When I started the seller said he accepted paypal but when I won and went to pay it says will not accept paypal on money orders and checks. Farther down where you indicate how you will pay , he still had paypal as a option. It's really burning me and I guess I don't have much choice, but it has me wondering.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

lei
    FORT Fogey

catmom I would report that one too. They have to honor the terms, and payment method is a pretty basic thing (I only bid on PayPal auctions, too.)

Hey my tidbit today is that our fridge, which was buzzing non-stop-except-for-when-the-repairman-was-here for months, is finally fixed! The repairman is as relieved as we are, I think.

I'm a little bummed this morning As some of you know, I started taking piano lessons a couple of years ago, and I enjoy them a lot. At last night's lesson, my teacher, Joyce, told me that she was retiring, and probably moving out of state Seems that she's taking up with a mighty suspicious character, a retired Navy chaplain (30-year veteran) whom she's know for over 50 years I swear, people hit 74 and get wild. She did tell me that she'd continue to give me lessons until she moves (apparently I am one of her favorites based more on my sense of humor than talent ) but that the next lesson couldn't be for a couple of months. She also gave me the name of someone nearby who is new to the area, seems well qualified, and who is taking over some of Joyce's other students. I am torn between wanting to continue my lessons with Joyce, even if they are catch-as-catch-can, and having regularly-scheduled lessons (it's hard for me to practice without the threat of looking bad at my next lesson )
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

That's such a shame, Newf. Once you've built a rapport with someone, it's hard to start over with someone else. I'm telling you - you have to watch those senior citizens. They're a wild bunch. I hope things work out. If you do decide to switch to the other instructor, you may find you like him/her even better.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

If finances permit, would you consider doing both? My oldest daughter plays guitar, and we had a similar situation with one of her teachers last year. Her teacher took a music teaching job out of state after she'd been taking lessons with him for about a year. It happened over the summer, and he wasn't actually moving for a few months. He cut back on his lessons, though, and she was one of only a handful he continued with, but the lessons were fewer and shorter. He knew we were looking for a replacement teacher and he recommended several. It really helped my daughter with the transition from one teacher to the next by allowing her to talk to the old teacher about the new one's methods and manners. (They're both great, but have different teaching styles...) Her lessons continued on a regular basis with the new teacher and she had those few special lessons with her old teacher where she felt more relaxed and comfortable and got to ask questions she wouldn't consider asking the new guy. This is now her third year taking lessons and she loves it!

On a different note () I posted a while back about buying a new house... well, we close on Monday 8/6!!! I am sooooo very excited and cannot wait to get moved in. I'm to the point now where I keep wondering how in the world I lived with all the problems I have with the old house for so long!

remote goddess - Best of luck with settlement and packing/moving. What an exciting time. I always hated packing, but I loved unpacking and finding new homes for all my little treasures. Have a blast!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Congratulations on your closing, rg, and best of luck in your new home!!!

If finances permit, would you consider doing both?
    I'm seriously considering it, especially since it sounds like I'd only have a couple of lessons a month with Joyce. From what Joyce tells me, there is something of a shortage of piano teachers in the area, and I'd like to get locked in with a new teacher as soon as I can, but since Joyce singled me out as one of the few (perhaps only, she was a little vague) students she'd keep on for a while, I'd hate to miss the opportunity. You are Solomon-esque, remote_goddess

Odd factoid--It is evidently a fairly common practice for piano teachers to sell their lists of students to other piano teachers. Who knew?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread