+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6260Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2494075;
    Do you also put those little ant cups around? That's all I've ever had to use.
    Not regularly, but when we see activity, we do. Also, after the nightmare 10 years ago, we keep all open food products (like rice, cereal, etc) in Rubbermaid containers to cut down on access to food. Yesterday, we bought all kinds of kill-ant things, including the spikes for outside, catmom3. It's good to hear those work, too. We're trying not to leave anything to chance.

Change of subject here - has anyone gone the route of acupuncture to alleviate pain? I'm considering trying it on my neck and would love to get some feedback from anyone who has tried it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2494268;
    Change of subject here - has anyone gone the route of acupuncture to alleviate pain? I'm considering trying it on my neck and would love to get some feedback from anyone who has tried it.
    I haven't, but I have been unsuccessfully trying to convince my husband to go. He's had a major pain in the neck for years now and it's really starting to get to him. Please, if you do go the acupuncture route, let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2494438;
    I haven't, but I have been unsuccessfully trying to convince my husband to go. He's had a major pain in the neck for years now and it's really starting to get to him. Please, if you do go the acupuncture route, let me know how it goes.
    Could be worse. He could have been a major pain in your neck for years now!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2494448;
    Could be worse. He could have been a major pain in your neck for years now!
    It is worse... He's a major pain in the a$$.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

I highly recommend acupuncture. Acupuncture.Com - Gateway to Chinese Medicine, Health and Wellness I have neuropath in my left leg and both feet. Plus TN [Trigeminal neuralgia] Trigeminal Neuralgia -- Definition Acupuncture is a life saver for me. The pain meds don't relieve nerve damage pain and acupuncture has made me able to cope. Give it a try for a couple of weeks before make a decision. It might take awhile to work. Also if one doctor is not working try another. For the first few appointments try and be able to go home and rest after. It can make you tired and the treatment will take better if you can rest. Find a certified acupuncturist. Find an Acupuncturists, Acupuncture School, Acupuncture Class, News, Articles and Information But also check out you local phone book since not everyone is listed on this site. Good health!

Has anyone tried detoxing? Me and Mr Geek are on a 10-day cleansing detox diet right now - no caffeine, no alcohol, no sugar, no wheat, no meat, fish, or pouldry, and no dairy, but plenty of fruit, veggies, tofu, nuts, seeds, water, juices, and herbal teas. It's supposed to do wonders for your digestion, skin, and well-being but right now I'm like something out of a George Romero flick. I had no idea I was so addicted to coffee. It's seriously frightening how horrible I get without my fix of coffee. Inside and out. My head is throbbing, I feel like I haven't slept for a year even though I've done nothing but sleep, and I have this weird sensation in my body, like I'm coming down with the flu or something. Good thing I'm alone at the office this week. Apparently, the first couple of days are horrendous. After that, you're supposed to feel amazing. I'm holding to that thought.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl;2495064;
    Has anyone tried detoxing? Me and Mr Geek are on a 10-day cleansing detox diet right now - no caffeine, no alcohol, no sugar, no wheat, no meat, fish, or pouldry, and no dairy, but plenty of fruit, veggies, tofu, nuts, seeds, water, juices, and herbal teas. It's supposed to do wonders for your digestion, skin, and well-being but right now I'm like something out of a George Romero flick. I had no idea I was so addicted to coffee. It's seriously frightening how horrible I get without my fix of coffee. Inside and out. My head is throbbing, I feel like I haven't slept for a year even though I've done nothing but sleep, and I have this weird sensation in my body, like I'm coming down with the flu or something. Good thing I'm alone at the office this week. Apparently, the first couple of days are horrendous. After that, you're supposed to feel amazing. I'm holding to that thought.
    I've detoxed, more than once, too. Next time, you might want to plan a bit ahead, and do the caffeine on it's own, as it's definitely the thing that will throw your body for the biggest loop.

In my case, the first two days are the worst. After that, you really do start to feel much better, and by the end of your ten days, you will feel fresh and cleansed. (I've never included tofu in my routine, I'll consider that for next time around - I tend to go with raw fresh fruits and veggies, juices and herbal teas.)

Good luck, I think you'll both be happy you've done this!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2495078;
    I've detoxed, more than once, too. Next time, you might want to plan a bit ahead, and do the caffeine on it's own, as it's definitely the thing that will throw your body for the biggest loop.

In my case, the first two days are the worst. After that, you really do start to feel much better, and by the end of your ten days, you will feel fresh and cleansed. (I've never included tofu in my routine, I'll consider that for next time around - I tend to go with raw fresh fruits and veggies, juices and herbal teas.)

Good luck, I think you'll both be happy you've done this!
    Thanks, MissThing. I did consider giving up coffee before starting the actual regime, but I guess I was in denial about just how addicted I am to the stuff. I'm feeling okay right now, though, gulping down massive amounts of water and herbal tea. For lunch, I had some avocado, tofu, and fresh tomatoes with a tofu pesto on top. It wasn't the best meal I've ever had, but it was okay.

My husband keeps texting me telling me about how horrible he feels, poor thing. I already feel better, though, so I'm hoping this will be a rewarding and cleansing experiment for the both of us.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I drink decaf now at home and 1/2 caff at work, helps the blood pressure.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I've always heard green tea is a good natural body "cleanser"..I'd definitely give green tea a try.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread