+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Queenie, Mr. Rose did some work for the Navy (as a civilian) so we've been there several times and for the most part the weather we experienced was paradise. It's hotter than hell here in So. Cal., so I broke down and put on the a/c, and on days like this, I'm thrilled I have it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Oh, I'll probably go there eventually, it's just that my idea of 'perfect' isn't like most peoples. Mine would be 72 daytime, 50 at night, unless I wanted to swim, then 80 is better. I guess it's just too much Georgia swelter has accumulated onto me. I only have to have the heat on from mid November to mid March, but almost all the other time I have to run the AC--we don't really have Spring or Fall here so much--only the plants know for sure!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2488513;
    I thought it was always hot and humid in Hawaii, Lei. (in the populated areas, anyway--I do know there are drier and cooler spots) One reason i've never visited-- most of the 'best stuff' looks like it's in hot, humid areas, about like home (well maybe not quite as hot) in summer.
    Thankfully it never goes above 90, and is rarely humid. Each island has a generally wetter and generally drier side, and variables around and on the mountains, but unless one is on top of the peaks (where it does snow) it's rarely uncomfortable in any way.

Our area, which is fairly populated, is generally low 80's and sunny. We're in bad need of rain but hopefully we'll get some this winter.

(Sorry.)

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2488545;
    . . . It's hotter than hell here in So. Cal., so I broke down and put on the a/c, and on days like this, I'm thrilled I have it.
    Really? In my part of SoCal it's beautiful. I don't think we even got up to 80, and it's been nice and breezy with just the windows open and the ceiling fan on. Go figure!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2488560;
    Oh, I'll probably go there eventually, it's just that my idea of 'perfect' isn't like most peoples. Mine would be 72 daytime, 50 at night, unless I wanted to swim, then 80 is better.
    Sounds like my idea of perfect too, queenb!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2488224;
    I won't even mention the weather here.
    That's funny! Hubby and I went to Maui in early November ('02), and the weather and everything was so beautiful that when we got home to San Diego, for a couple of weeks we were bitching about our "crappy weather" -- which really wasn't so bad, but it's amazing how spoiled we got in just one week. (And we're already spoiled weather wimps from living in S.D.)

lei: I've only been to Hawaii, Oahu, once. And I loved it. If I could afford to, I would move to Hawaii. It's just gorgeous.

An update on my new neighbors to the North. There is not a family moving in. It is a fix and flip with an investor who bought sight-unseen and is a bit surprised of the condition of the home. It needs work but she got a great price. So far, nothing has been done.

My neighbors to the south just put up their For Sale sign and it's listed. I wish them luck in getting a great buyer!

I feel odd being the one in the middle of two homes for sale/sold.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

OK, so we're getting hardwood in the living/dining room, new vinyl in the bathroom and new carpet in the family room. To try to save some money, we told the worker-bees that we'd take up the old flooring and have the rooms cleared so all they had to do was come in and start laying the new stuff. Funny - that seemed like SUCH a good idea at the time.

Then, the head worker-bee called and asked if they could move the install up BY FIVE DAYS because they had some scheduling problems. (Personally, I didn't see why their problem became my problem, but . . .) So hubby tells them "no problem", but we may not have enough time to get all the old stuff up in time. So the head worker-bee says "no problem" - if we can't get everything up, his worker-bees will take up the rest and not charge us for it. (Yippee!!)

So then we started working feverishly to get all the old stuff up. As I'm sitting in the middle of the floor (a HARD plywood floor) pulling up staples (I think whoever installed the old carpeting got paid by the staple!), and my butt hurts, my back is really hurting, and my knee is swelled up to twice its size (don't know why that's going on yet), my wonderful hubby says we should buy old houses for a living, fix them up and resell them - you know, become flippers. I told him I was going to flip him something, and it wasn't going to be a house!!!

But the good news is the prep work is all done and my new stuff goes in tomorrow!!! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2489865;
    . . . my wonderful hubby says we should buy old houses for a living, fix them up and resell them - you know, become flippers. I told him I was going to flip him something, and it wasn't going to be a house!!!
    Men are so cute when they're trying to be financial geniuses, aren't they!

You poor little thing, ScoutMom. I've been in home improvement hell many times, so I have tremendous compassion for anyone who tackles those kind of projects themselves. It's great to see you still have your sense of humor even during tough times, though.

I just got home from running all kinds of errands getting ready for a vacation next week. The house was in terrific shape when I left early this morning, but during the time I was gone, about 3,000 ants moved into the kitchen and were helping themselves to an all-you-can-eat buffet of the leftover kibble in Maggie's dog dish. So guess what I've been doing for the last hour?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread