+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 2451 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657971475471047 ... LastLast
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh, I wish some of you could have been with us last night. We took the kid to this chain restaurant that has a guy doing magic tricks and balloon art on Tuesday nights so we take him there fairly often. Suddenly my son started signaling for me to LOOK. I did, and this is what I saw. Three people were leaving, mom, and two teenagers. The kids may have been a couple, not sure. Anyway, the spectacle was mom. And WHAT a spectacle. What she was wearing looked to be a pair of well worn jeans that had been cut off. Only problem is, they had been cut off short enough that there was no longer a division just a very, very short skirt. A large portion of her butt was showing and it was not a pretty sight. Her butt cheeks were quite tan, so she apparently spends a lot of time with them showing, but far from attractive. Never have seen so many dimples! She had to have been wearing a thong because other wise we would have seen her underwear.
    If she was shopping for attention, she sure hit pay dirt. All the little kids, as well as their parents, were fascinated.

Mudah that is so sad to me. I was at the airport recently, picking up my husband who was returning from a business trip. There was an older woman, who I am guessing to be in her mid to late 60s, wearing a VERRRYYY short denim macro mini skirt, stilletto heels, a peasant blouse off the shoulders, and no bra. Ewww...just not a look I would expect to see on a grandma. The guy who was with her sat a "safe" distance, and seemed pretty uncomfortable. There was a family of 3 teens and a mom sitting near me, and one of the boys said "Hey mom, look over there. That could be you in 20 years." She replied, "If it is, please, just pull the plug."

I have to laugh at these tales of mutton dressed as lamb. Many, many years ago I worked as a salesclerk in a clothing store that sold apparel suitable for the young and tasteless. I truly hated that job, and loathed selling to people as much as I loathe people trying to sell to me, but one day this older woman came in (I'd put her at around 60 give or take) and I was put into the position of having to sell her a bright purple spandex legging and t-shirt set. It was around 1980, so you can just picture how tacky that was. Anyway, that was the last thing I sold before I quit, having lasted an entire three days. It is just morally wrong to sell spandex to...well, to anyone really, but to some people more than others.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    I get a kick out of 'dysfunctional family'
    My family is so dysfunctional - it's functional.
    Duxxy, that is the way divorce should be in my opinion. It is better for the kids and everyone really, but some people just can't get past the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I have to laugh at these tales of mutton dressed as lamb. Many, many years ago I worked as a salesclerk in a clothing store that sold apparel suitable for the young and tasteless. I truly hated that job, and loathed selling to people as much as I loathe people trying to sell to me, but one day this older woman came in (I'd put her at around 60 give or take) and I was put into the position of having to sell her a bright purple spandex legging and t-shirt set. It was around 1980, so you can just picture how tacky that was. Anyway, that was the last thing I sold before I quit, having lasted an entire three days. It is just morally wrong to sell spandex to...well, to anyone really, but to some people more than others.
    My son in law owns a sports shop, mostly skateboards and equipment, and years ago he had all of those t shirts that said "Friends don't let friends wear spandex" or neon, or many other things that I can't remember right now. I thought they were so funny.

I guess I'm safe wearing my jeans and t shirts WITH a bra, huh? I'll soon be 68 but I surely don't plan to wear the extra wide denim belt as a skirt. My jeans and carpis will be fine, thank you.

Sorry to change the direction here a second, but I stopped by the Subway at the mall food fair thinking of trying out that lobster sub they've been advertising. It was almost $9! I left. That imitation lobster is more affordable (77cents/100g). I'll just dress up a sandwich with lots of mayo, lettuce and such.

Also, I saw in the dairy case, a box of SkinnyCow ice cream sandwiches! I was sooo excited. I couldn't believe they were actually here in Canada! But then I saw the price. It was more than $9 and there were only 5 sandwiches in the box. Skinny cows are sure expensive. Too rich for my pocketbook. I was so disappointed. Went home with a box of low-fat generic ice cream.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I am hooked on those "No Sugar Added" fudgesicles. (sp) Only forty calories each. I have to have chocolate every day, or think I have to anyway, and whats better than a forty calorie treat? I'm not familiar with the Skinny Cow stuff but it could be here and I just haven't noticed. I tend to have tunnel vision when I shop, and only see stuff I'm familiar with.

I used to go to Subway for their fake crabmeat salads. I really don't want it on their bread, can't stand that bread, but the salad in a bowl was great. What I don't understand is how different the same item is presented at different Subway stores. The ones close to my house give you a little clear plastic bowl but my husband and I were traveling and stopped for lunch at Subway and my crabmeat salad was in a huge black plastic bowl. It would have made two of the ones I get here but the price was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    My son in law owns a sports shop, mostly skateboards and equipment, and years ago he had all of those t shirts that said "Friends don't let friends wear spandex" or neon, or many other things that I can't remember right now. I thought they were so funny.

I guess I'm safe wearing my jeans and t shirts WITH a bra, huh? I'll soon be 68 but I surely don't plan to wear the extra wide denim belt as a skirt. My jeans and carpis will be fine, thank you.
    Ha! Those t-shirts are funny (because they're true). And yep, you are perfect safe wearing jeans and a t-shirt as far as I'm concerned. I don't think that it's necessary to dress like an aged frump as you get older (I'm closing in on 50 myself), but clothing designed to display one's sexual attributes is just unseemly past the age of, say...well, I don't think it's ever seemly. But shorts when the temperature is over 27 C (80 F) are okay for everyone, no matter how bad their legs are .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

When I get dressed or buy myself clothes, my rule of thumb is if I look like I would embarrass my kids, then it's wrong to wear it.
    Cannot go wrong with classics. Trendy stuff tends to make me look like I am trying too hard. And at age 42, it's quite a balance to fit between looking good and thinking I look good.

MRD
    While I do have some clothes that are considered "classics", I do like some trendy stuff within reason. I'm not trying to look 21, I'm not wearing something inappropriate for my size or age, but I don't want to look like a stuffy old fogey either.

And as I am enjoying clothes again after such a dramatic weight loss, I want to look good and I want some of the newer stuff (again, the stuff appropriate for me. I don't wear thongs, spandex, belly shirts, jeans that the seams are busting on, hip huggers, etc.) I like the newer cargo capris and I like the tunic tops as well. (love tunic tops, they hide a LOT) and I happen to like the peasant skirts. They too hide a multitude of sins.

I like to look nice and I think most of the time I do. I would not walk out of the house with my butt cheeks exposed or my belly hanging over my pants, I don't wear mini skirts and my shorts are probably considered bermudas.

I hear that pencil thin pants legs and ballerina flats are coming back. If stirrup pants are next, then I am going to flip. The 80's cannot come back. Too much bad fashion associated with that decade, although at the time, we thought we looked GOOD!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread