+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4457Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: Stupidest/Dumbest/craziest things you have done??

Probably the stupidest thing I ever did that had long-term consequences was to take a job working as an executive assistant to a so-called "pastor" / local televangelist. (I should have bitten the financial bullet and taken a few more weeks to look for a job -- ah, hindsight!) Anyway, besides the BS you'd expect and more, there was the issue of lousy benefits (health insurance for everyone was discontinued just as I finished my probationary period), no provision for unemployment benefits (churches aren't required to pay into our county's unemployment insurance program), and a great big "resumé stain."

The positive thing that came out of that experience, though, is that I have lots of funny "you'll never believe this, but I swear to god it's true" stories to tell at cocktail parties!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Several years ago near where we lived, some kids stole some stop signs.
    Well a car load of teenagers didn't stop at the intersection as there were no stop signs and were hit by a semi and killed.

They did find the people that stole the signs and they were prosecuted for manslaughter and ended up going to prison.

So DON'T steal signs. It is very dangerous!

Ellen, I once worked for an OB/GYN. I too have some of those strange but true stories for parties. You'd be AMAZED at just how dumb some people truly are. And these were the ones that were breeding!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2484816;
    Several years ago near where we lived, some kids stole some stop signs.
    Well a car load of teenagers didn't stop at the intersection as there were no stop signs and were hit by a semi and killed.

They did find the people that stole the signs and they were prosecuted for manslaughter and ended up going to prison.

So DON'T steal signs. It is very dangerous!
    Yeah, it will never happen again. Actually, the sign I stole was a triangular sign with a red circle in the middle. At the time, I didn't even know what it meant. When I told some people what it was of, they didn't know what it meant either. It means "stop sign approaching" It makes what you wrote sadly ironic.

That's terrible what happened where you lived at the time. But I am sort of glad you mentioned it(not because what happened was good) but it just reminds me how serious of an offense it is.

At the time, I HONESTLY didn't know how serious of an offense it was. I go to a lot of flea markets and such and a lot of people sell those kind of signs. I am glad they just gave me the community serious, because the maxium sentence would of been 6 months in jail
    Last edited by snarkattack; 07-21-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Sigh. Id forgotten that during the summer, Lady bugs fly in through the window(despite the screen). So when i go into my room i find them on the wall acting as if they pay rent.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Ooh, I love finding ladybugs in the garden outside, but I think they'd freak me out in the bedroom!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2486364;
    Ooh, I love finding ladybugs in the garden outside, but I think they'd freak me out in the bedroom!

Ladybugs just get a good name. If they didn't we would step on them like ants(I don't anymore, but when I was a kid I did). I hope peta doesn't come after me for saying that

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nasty ladybugs.......disgusting!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

I like ladybugs. They eat mites.

My neice just discovered fireflies (or lightening bugs). She managed to catch one and held it bit too tight and smooshed it. Her fingers were glowing from the irridescent goo...she was crying big crocodile tears. Such a tragedy for a 4 year old.

Wheeee! They're sending everyone in my building home for the day because the air conditioner isn't working and it's over 100 degrees outside (with the humidex). (Yes, I live in Canada...it's been freakishly hot here for the past 2 weeks).

I'm glad this happened on a day that I didn't have much to do. I'm off to my patio for a beer and a re-read of Harry Potter......
    Don't let the small things sweat

+ Reply to Thread