+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6987Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Congratulations rosiedog on the size 16!!!! That is such a great feeling. Now you're in a size that has so many more options from the general racks instead of the Plus Size racks. I'm laughing (with you) about the bra shopping. I have one style that I wear exclusively. I have 4 or 5 in biege, 2 in black, and one in white. Any time I've gone outside that box I've regretted it.
    Count your blessings!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Good to see you back, mrd. And congratulations on your weight loss!

Thank goodness I no longer work in a regular office and can wear those new-style camisole-type things under clingy or sheer fashions. Shopping for AA cups that have circles that are still too large is really no fun! (and forget about filling them with padding -- the circle itself is too wide; imagine placing large salad bowls on one's chest when they stick out the sides of the body and yes training bras sometimes work, if they fit around my back muscles, but they're not very feminine.) That's my rant for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2476575;
    May I rage on my soapbox for a moment? I'm lifeguarding this summer and I'm seeing the same things I did 20 years ago - people pay no attention to their (young!!) kids in the water. What is more precious in your life than that? Also, they seem to think the lifeguards make the rules and enforce them at whim and if you argue rudely enough that will make the rules go away. At a state park the rules are set by the state and are given to every state park in a waterfront manual (at least in our state). Still, almost everywhere I've worked in 35 years have had the same basic rules - no snorkels and masks, no flotation devices other than coast guard approved life jackets, no hanging on the bouys, no dogs on the beach, no bare baby bottoms in the water, no throwing rocks, no glass or alcohol, and more recently, no smoking. And if there's thunder - you are going to be out of the water for at least 15 min. Get over it! Why give the lifeguard such a hard time for making the beach safe? *steps off soap box* Thanks. I feel better now.

When I was a kid the lifeguard was THE boss of you at the pool. There was no sassing or backtalk tolerated. Ah, the good old days.

I also wanted to chime in late on the college discussion to toss in that studies show the college you attended has no bearing on how happy you are with your life, either.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2476778;
    Thank goodness I no longer work in a regular office and can wear those new-style camisole-type things under clingy or sheer fashions. Shopping for AA cups that have circles that are still too large is really no fun! (and forget about filling them with padding -- the circle itself is too wide; imagine placing large salad bowls on one's chest when they stick out the sides of the body and yes training bras sometimes work, if they fit around my back muscles, but they're not very feminine.) That's my rant for the day.
    I have the opposite problem . I do work in an office, but I've just given up on the idea of a comfortable bra that both looks good and contains the girls efficiently - not gonna happen. There's always some "Return of the Blob" action out the top or the sides or, occasionally, from the bottom. I now wear sports bras almost exclusively unless there's some sort of special occasion where I want to appear...upstanding.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have read/heard that most of us never, in our lives, get a decent bra fitting. (I'm sure the guys are fascinated with this discussion! They can talk about 'man-ssieres' or 'bros' if they want to, I guess!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2476810;
    I have read/heard that most of us never, in our lives, get a decent bra fitting. (I'm sure the guys are fascinated with this discussion! They can talk about 'man-ssieres' or 'bros' if they want to, I guess!)
    They can talk about boxers/briefs/commando. I've started wearing wide strap tanks with built-in shelf bra as a bottom layer. I have 5 or 6 different colors. So much more comfortable than a bra but probably not as flattering.
    Count your blessings!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2476828;
    They can talk about boxers/briefs/commando. I've started wearing wide strap tanks with built-in shelf bra as a bottom layer. I have 5 or 6 different colors. So much more comfortable than a bra but probably not as flattering.
    Or we can talk boxer/breif/commando... I prefer him in the boxer-briefs, but he prefers going commando.

I like the tanks, too, Gut, but I can only really get away with that on the weekends. I have to "dress up" for work... My "issues" with fit run more along the lines of lei's complaint. You know how hard it is to find clothes that really fit when you're struggling to fill an A+/B- cup? I've had friends tell me how "lucky" I am not to have the back pains, etc. that they deal with on a regular basis, but honestly, it would just be nice to be able to buy tops in my size that really fit. And the pear-shape my body naturally has started developing is made much more obvious by this lack of, um, curves up top. I've seriously considered augmentation, but I have issues with that, too. I tend to like my body just fine for the most part, or at least I generally always have, until the bottom half sort of "blossomed"... another blessing of aging metabolism - I just simply wish for better fitting clothes and bras.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2476802;
    I have the opposite problem . I do work in an office, but I've just given up on the idea of a comfortable bra that both looks good and contains the girls efficiently - not gonna happen. There's always some "Return of the Blob" action out the top or the sides or, occasionally, from the bottom. I now wear sports bras almost exclusively unless there's some sort of special occasion where I want to appear...upstanding.

If you're having problems with "blobs," your bra is too small. Try a bigger cup size/band size, or underwire. Like someone else said, I've heard that most women are wearing bras that don't fit, but unless your girls are square or something, there's bound to be a bra out there that will contain them.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2476905;
    If you're having problems with "blobs," your bra is too small. Try a bigger cup size/band size, or underwire. Like someone else said, I've heard that most women are wearing bras that don't fit, but unless your girls are square or something, there's bound to be a bra out there that will contain them.
    I've tried a cup size larger and unfortunately that is too large and I'm even more likely to ooze out the bottom. It appears to be an issue of texture, more than anything else . And I've never worn an underwire bra that didn't dig holes into my sides - I've even had to use pliers to remove the wire midway through a workday. Bras and I can't even reach the most uneasy of detentes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2476498;
    oh man, Amy Lee lol my mom drags me to the Good WIll atleast 3 times a week. Usually on Thursday, Friday, and Mondays. Thursday is when anthing with the tag of the weekend is half off. And they put all the new stuff out on Fridays. And on Mondays, the color tag of the weekend is automatically $1.29. You can get a couch and other furiture cheap that way! I even got a faux fur coat that goes to my hips for $1.29 a few weeks ago there. And I bought some stuffed animal patterns there for only 50 cents each.

Ooh, thanks for the info. I knew that you frequented Goodwill but i'd forgotten the first part of your screen name. Is it me or were you the one that scored a name brand bag there? I recall seeing a leather jacket with fur on it, but it was real fur and that kind of conflicts with my feelings so, i don't know.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread