+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mmm, Necco wafers
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2468166;
    My favorite was the necco wafers...
    How is it we enjoyed something with the texture of chalk? I haven't seen them in years, but if I did I'd buy a pack. They were a favorite of mine also.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I loved the big red wax lips that you could only get around Halloween time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You mean these, right?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You got it!!! There was also that orange, harmonica-like thing that was made of wax, as I recall!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

You guys are bringing back so many memories! I hadn't thought of those harmonica thingies in....what, 35, 40 years?

I took 5 dozen packs of Pop Rocks to Kenya with me last summer. They were a big hit with adults as much as kids. I fed Pop Rocks to my cat once.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2468127;
    Ha ha. There is a candy thread somewhere. I used to love Fizzies, too. We used to pull our own taffy, but I like salt water taffy. My favorite growing up though, was a sheet of taffy about 4 inches wide with a white stripe down the middle. I remember it coming in orange and pink. Sold at the check-out counter of the grocery store. In girl scouts we used to make "mock taffy" out of marshmallows. You take a marshmallow between the pointer finger and thumb of each hand and pull. Then rotate the hands and pull again. Keep rotating and pulling and the marshmallow turns into taffy.
    I remember that taffy gut.

And famita, there is a general store here that has candy in big barrells. Stuff you NEVER see anymore and didn't know they made and guess what? they have candy cigerettes. I was SHOCKED that they even still make them let alone sell them, but there they were.

Uncle David, Cracker Barrell sells Necco wafers and many other old favorites. I don't know where you are or if Cracker Barrell is big there like it is here.

They also have that toy at Cracker Barrell that I used to love. The face with the iron fillings in the plastic over it and the magnet you use to put hair and facial hair on it. Anyone remember that? I may not have described it well.

Anyone remember a snack that was sold in the early 70's during the space program. It was supposedly what astronauts ate. Inside of a paper packing was a tube the consistency of playdoh (and probably tasted like it too). They had them in chocolate and peanut butter. Probably about the size of today's cheese sticks. That's what they looked like but were sweet.

And there was a peanut butter mixed with chocolate called Koogle or google or something like that around that same time.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-10-2007 at 09:35 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Uncle D - Mr. lei gets his annual Necco fix from K-mart.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2468467;
    I fed Pop Rocks to my cat once.
    And you stop there with that story?!!!? Did he like it?!!

+ Reply to Thread