+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4533Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2467998;
    What about Dip'n'Stix? The ones with the candy stick that you could dip in the sweet or sour flavored powder and lick? I remember the sore spots in my mouth after eating those! But geez I loved them.
    Those were my favorites! I'd always end up eating the stick before the powder, though.
    I also loved Nerds and those weird candies that pop in your mouth.

I miss Fizzies. Do you remember those tablets that would make a drink? We used to love to let those disolve in our mouth. Our 60s version of poprocks I guess. That fizz was FUN!!

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2468008;
    I miss Fizzies.
    I LOVED Fissies! I was so upset when they stopped making them.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I saw Razzles in the store today.
    I haven't seen them on the shelf since I was a kid.

I was a button girl, myself. Remember them? They were little dots of pure sugar - colored sugar - blue, yellow, red, and green (I think) on a long strip of paper. When you picked them off the paper, you always ended up with paper stuck to the back of the candy. I must have eaten a pound of paper!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2468081;
    I was a button girl, myself. Remember them? They were little dots of pure sugar - colored sugar - blue, yellow, red, and green (I think) on a long strip of paper. When you picked them off the paper, you always ended up with paper stuck to the back of the candy. I must have eaten a pound of paper!
    hey, that was our FIBER back in the day.

Ha ha. There is a candy thread somewhere. I used to love Fizzies, too. We used to pull our own taffy, but I like salt water taffy. My favorite growing up though, was a sheet of taffy about 4 inches wide with a white stripe down the middle. I remember it coming in orange and pink. Sold at the check-out counter of the grocery store. In girl scouts we used to make "mock taffy" out of marshmallows. You take a marshmallow between the pointer finger and thumb of each hand and pull. Then rotate the hands and pull again. Keep rotating and pulling and the marshmallow turns into taffy.
    Count your blessings!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2468127;
    ....You take a marshmallow between the pointer finger and thumb of each hand and pull. Then rotate the hands and pull again. Keep rotating and pulling and the marshmallow turns into taffy.
    I did that too, but had totally forgotten about it!

I also loved dots and razzles and all those things that would probably taste way too artificial now. But what fun, then.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Wasn't it pop rocks that you'd put in your mouth and then take a sip of pepsi? My favorite was the necco wafers (still) and the candy cigarettes.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

What about Dip'n'Stix? The ones with the candy stick that you could dip in the sweet or sour flavored powder and lick? I remember the sore spots in my mouth after eating those! But geez I loved them.
    I remember those. Heck, i even remember liking that chili powder candy. Despite the latter, i haven't ever really been into candy. I'm quite selective when it comes to food.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread