+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6975Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We sell those at my restaurant. I have a candy tree that has all kinds of that stuff. Circus peanuts, salt water taffy, snow caps etc.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2467678;
    We sell those at my restaurant. I have a candy tree that has all kinds of that stuff. Circus peanuts, salt water taffy, snow caps etc.
    I am the ONLY person I know that likes salt water taffy. Never was a fan of those circus peanuts though.

I rememeber as a kid, my grandmother and her sister were going to make taffy and pull it to show me how they used to do it. It was a huge mess, it didn't turn out and I was bored by the entire process.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Salt water taffy is the best! No trip to the shore is complete unless we buy a box.

You know how commercials say M&Ms don't melt in your hand? Well, they melt in cars!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2467680;
    I am the ONLY person I know that likes salt water taffy. Never was a fan of those circus peanuts though.

I rememeber as a kid, my grandmother and her sister were going to make taffy and pull it to show me how they used to do it. It was a huge mess, it didn't turn out and I was bored by the entire process.
    Every year, when I was growing up, my parents went to Atlantic City (it was well before there was gambling, I'm old as dirt, ). The big treat for us was the box of salt water taffy they'd bring back.

Salem, MA has a place that makes popcorn bricks that are stuck together with salt water taffy, and those are just fabulous. I haven't had one in years, but was just thinking the other day of taking the train up and going to The Salem Willows just to get the peppermint one, .

We also used to taffy pull every summer. I'm sure my mother hated it, but gosh, we kids loved it!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

We are going to Cedar Point this week and I always get salt water taffy for my MIL while we are there. Somehow it never makes it to her....
    Those taffy/popcorn bricks sound goooood.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Here's a link to the company I buy my candy from. They have an online store if you're interested.
    PA Dutch Candies | a concept that sells

Glad you enjoyed the movie idea!

I loved those waxy candies with the liquid. And then there was the straws that held flavored powder in them. I just saw those in a store.

And salt water taffy .......mmmm. Great when it's fresh!

Anyone remember the huge jawbreakers? They used to leave your tongue and mouth so black at the beginning! You could suck on them for hours! Candy in the old days was fun and cheap!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I was hooked on Atomic Red Fireballs for a while. They are hotter than hell's hinges, and could remove several layers of skin from my mouth. I had to give them up when I realized that the heavy dose of cinnamon gave me canker sores in my mouth.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2467938;
    I was hooked on Atomic Red Fireballs for a while. They are hotter than hell's hinges, and could remove several layers of skin from my mouth. I had to give them up when I realized that the heavy dose of cinnamon gave me canker sores in my mouth.
    I used to eat those too and wonder why I had canker sores. I finally figured it out and I don't chew Big red gum anymore either.

But those atomic fireballs were great!
    I used to like jolly ranchers too and Ludens cherry cough drops. Yes, I was the weirdo that bought them even when not sick. They just tasted so good.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2467938;
    Oh my, yes, I loved those things! My mom and I love hot candy - so every weekend for many years when I was a kid, we would stop and get a bag of those for the trip to the lake. (My parents have always had a boat and we were lake-dwellers/beach-bums every weekend we could get away from the city...) Mom and I would eat them one after the next until the bag was gone and our tastebuds were burned off our tongues! My brother and Dad never understood the addiction. Now whenever I eat anything that strongly cinnamon-flavored, it instantly makes me think of the lake...

What about Dip'n'Stix? The ones with the candy stick that you could dip in the sweet or sour flavored powder and lick? I remember the sore spots in my mouth after eating those! But geez I loved them.

+ Reply to Thread