+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 2437 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455951455451045 ... LastLast
Like Tree5899Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm not tring to knock sisters. I have an older sinister who I get along with just fine. We're fairly different as well, but we just acknowledge it. I always wished I would have had older brothers. That would have been cool.

My family knows how my twin sinister is and how difficult she can be about the tiniest of things. So they don't deal with her on many things. They go through ME. They ask me what's going on, or to ask her stuff, or to find out what she'd like to do as they are almost scared to broach various subjects with her. I honestly feel sad for her at times, because I know she has some troubles to work on, but she, of course, won't acknowledge them. I am the troubled one in the family and she prefers it that way.

So I am the referee at many family events. That's ok. I look good in a striped shirt! And I love whistles! TWEEEEEET!
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-24-2006 at 04:39 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    hi all
    quick note, my friends kid slammed my hand in the car door today and I have a broken finger. can't type much or fast, so will try to check in later.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    hi all
    quick note, my friends kid slammed my hand in the car door today and I have a broken finger. can't type much or fast, so will try to check in later.
    Oh gees! Feel better Rosie and get some rest...for your finger, too!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    hi all
    Well you only need two to type with anyway, so just rest up and then let's talk, okay? Hope you feel better.

Ouch, myrosiedog! I hope you feel better soon! Do take care.

Re: Sisters -- Try being the youngest of 7. (not counting brothers.) Like Muduh, I have a sister old enough to be my mother. We each have completely different personalities. Some of them don't see eye to eye. I get along with all of them, but I was closest to the one that passed away in March. The 3 remaining live out of state, so we don't see eachother very often, but we talk on the phone and/or email. I also have several nieces that are close enough in age to feel more like sisters than nieces.

I think my brothers are more like bothers than my sisters are sinisters.

While I do love my sisters, I'm glad we don't live in the same town.

I could live next door to one of my sisters and do just fine we are on the same wave length. The other two we do better with some distance and trips 4-6 times a year. One is the oldest and while she is a sweetie, she will just start naturally bossing everyone around. The other is a bit judgemental and while she realises it's my life, she can't help herself from commenting until I have to tell her to back off or I turn a deaf ear (turning the deaf ear gets easier as I get older)

But that said, these are the only people who truly get my humour, who I make short hand comment about lamps, or cows and instantly get the joke, and who will back me up any time.

But we are all a tad crazy
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    With my sister, you just never knew which personality was going to show up. She can be unpredictably explosive and rude, so it's easier to keep my distance. My grandmother told me that my grandfather didn't like to go anywhere with her because of her unpredictable reactions. She will definitely cause you embarrassment in public if she's having one of her moments. Nobody seems to understand where this behavior comes from. Whack-o.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

..But we are all a tad crazy..
    You say that like it's a BAD thing . Personally, I think crazy people have more fun in life in general.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I think crazy people have more fun in life in general.
    Spoken like a true 'troubled one'.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Uncle David: Actually, I'm not so troubled any more. Thanks to some very good therapists and wonderful medication

I was just driving home from getting some groceries and I couldn't turn down my alley because of the huge garbage truck. So I backed up from my left turn and waited, and waited and waited. My house is second from the corner so they only had mine and my neighbors to do and neither of us had much. And I'm still waiting. So I pull up to take a bit of a looky-loo and lo and behold. The guys are out of the truck and picking raspberries from the bushes behind my driveway. They are ripe and sweet right now. The berries, not the garbagemen. They saw me waiting with my blinker and decided their "fruit" break was over. It was too cute.

+ Reply to Thread