+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5827Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

That is a very thoughtful gift Roses. He gets major points for originality.

That is a great idea, Roses.

We had a variation of that at my baby shower. We handed out postcards for people to write messages to her for when she was older. She loves looking at them.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member

That's really a sweet idea, roses. It beats the hell out of having the big sign in my front yard that said "Honk! Marleybone is 50!" that my husband put out on my 50th birthday.

I Is Stephanie

Well now I feel like crap. I...um...I didn't...um...I didn't get either of my parents anything for their 50th birthdays... Don't kill me please! I really had no clue what to get for the people who have everything they've ever wanted. All my dad wants is a 3-car garage, and I can hardly afford that, and I don't know if there's anything amazing that I can get my mom...I mean, for Christmas I might be sending her to visit her brother in California. She hasn't seen him in...15 years now, and I think it's time she got off the phone. I'm hoping that makes up for the lack of gifts...
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

You're right Steph! At that age it's difficult to buy for them. Always best to do something thoughtful and out of the ordinary. Some of the tried and true unique gifts are coupon books, (hand-written books of redeemable coupons for things like kisses, hugs, household chores, etc) clever videos telling them how much you love them, my sister and I once went to the mall to have a picture of ourselves sitting on Santa's lap taken as a Christmas present. (we were in our thirties)

You might try doing something they want done, but can't get to, or have been putting off. Like cleaning out the garage.

For parents, it isn't about the monetary value of the present, it truly is the thought that counts.

And remember... it's never too late for a present.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Hi Steph,

No one expects a 16-year-old student to send her parents on a cruise! But like Uncle David said, your gift to them doesn't have to cost a lot--just that it's something meaningful from you. A handmade card. Or you can treat them to them to the movies (although sometimes even adults can't handle that price anymore, when you throw in popcorn and soda!). You can make them dinner (or treat the family to a pizza dinner).

It sounds like you're a pretty wonderful daughter...and sending your mom to visit her brother sounds like a mighty fine gift! Wow! How're you going to swing that cost though?

Uncle David, will your avatar change back after today?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Here's hoping she made some lemon bars...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2460678;
    Uncle David, will your avatar change back after today?
    Need you ask?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Greta's face always makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2460697;
    Greta's face always makes me smile.
    Well, she'll be back tomorrow to brighten your day. Even if I wanted to change my avatar for more than a day, I can't. Lois would see to that.

+ Reply to Thread