+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5904Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Newbie

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2459248;
    It is getting depressing. I don't know if I want a happy ending or just any ending to the cancer storyline. I don't mind when comics take on real issues, but I wouldn't mind an injection of humor thrown in.
    Doonesbury got a lot like that for a while. (It got SO political. Which, I'm fine with, but it's a COMIC.) It's still a little too heavy handed most of the time now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2459602;
    Hope you both feel better soon.

Thank you sweetie! I hope so too!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2459590;
    Do you really want to get locked in the nut-house for life?
    My life already IS a nuthouse!

Bring on the witty comebacks Newf. I want to shake the old bat up a bit.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Rock back and forth, and say:

I'm fine. It washes out, see?. Mommy will make it better. We'll be OK.

Repeat that as long as you can without getting locked up. It will help the effect if you stroke a pretend cat the whole time.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2459713;
    Rock back and forth, and say:

I'm fine. It washes out, see?. Mommy will make it better. We'll be OK.

Repeat that as long as you can without getting locked up. It will help the effect if you stroke a pretend cat the whole time.
    Thanks. I'll be sure to write you from the funny farm. If I'm allowed writing implements that is. It may have to be in crayon. Pretty red and blue crayons. Ones mommy will like.

Best one I've heard in a while. In a crowded elevator full of strangers, once the doors shut, you say out loud: "Now that I've called you all here, lets start the meeting." The person that told me about it says he's gotten some strange looks and people exiting very quickly at their floor when he trots that one out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My brother, who's sense of humor makes me seem like a dullard, is CIO of a hospital. One time all of the big-wigs were gathered for a meeting but waiting for the head of the hospital. When he arrived, my brother intoned "All Rise," and apparently most of them did His next performance evaluation mentioned his sometimes inappropriate use of humor.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2459462;
    OK, not sure how to view this, but decided that it was at least partly humorous.

I went to the shrink today for my anti-depressant Rx. The woman is an idiot, I've seen that for a while, but as long as all I have to do is show up and I get a prescription for Wellbutrin, then I really don't need her for anything else. She keeps me in my supply of "happy pills" and I don't burden her with a lot of my problems, so I'm usually in and out in less than 10 min. I figure from what I've overheard in her waiting room, I'm one of her least problematic patients.

But I have to wonder if there are patients that actually do rely on her and how she must make them feel.

I walk in and she asks me what's been up since last month. I tell her that my doctors think I might have MS and that I also had hernia surgery on Fri. and I've been struggling with my health issues and she says:

"that's nice".

I know she did not hear one word I said. I'm now thinking of other outrageous things I can go in there with next month and see what she says in response. I know Newf will have some good suggesions as will others. So bring them on.

I mean, isn't her response a little like: "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

But I got what I went for and I really don't expect anything else out of her, so I'm not as upset as if it was my "real" doctor.
    In all seriousness, you need to contact either your church, a local services group, or some other entity that offers support and get a referral to a doctor and/or therapist that can provide the treatment you deserve.

You don't need to worry about the rest of this person's patients, you just need to worry about yourself. If you are not getting complete treatment, then you need to find someone else to aid you.

This woman is your real doctor, in her specialty area. While that practice might be quite confined, in her case, if you feel the need, and/or desire for talk therapy, you must find someone that will provide it.

Almost every major hospital can provide this type of care. Your church will have a list of people to turn to, and you should take advantate of that array of choices.

Psychological medication is not even half the battle. It's the easy part. You need to find a caretaker for the difficult portion of your treatment.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2459713;
    Rock back and forth, and say:I'm fine. It washes out, see?. Mommy will make it better. We'll be OK. Repeat that as long as you can without getting locked up. It will help the effect if you stroke a pretend cat the whole time.
    Um, why don't you stroke a pretend "dog"? That might work better?

MRD: Personally, it's fun in the nuthouse. Everyone gets along and understands each other without question! It's a pretty exclusive club and not everyone can join. And boy, can we throw parties there!

Newf: "All Rise" That's priceless.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Oh you guys! I needed a laugh today - thanks!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Change of subject here, but my neighbor gave his wife a pretty clever birthday present so I thought I'd mention it for others to consider when trying to think of a special gift. His wife just turned 50, so several weeks before her b'day, he sent out 50 cards to their friends/family with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a request to write something (anything) to her and return it. She has been enjoying 50 birthday cards now for about a week, and he's in her good graces for quite a long time, I'm sure.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread