+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6997Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well, looking down, I don't see mine anywhere. What with two pregnancies, gravity and age, maybe I should look lower
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Ouch. I don't think I could get a tattoo there...I have one on my ankle, and that was bad enough.

Does anybody read the comic strips in the newpaper? More specifically, Funky Winkerbean? I don't know about ya'll, but that one is getting too depressing to read anymore.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2459222;

Does anybody read the comic strips in the newpaper? More specifically, Funky Winkerbean? I don't know about ya'll, but that one is getting too depressing to read anymore.
    It is getting depressing. I don't know if I want a happy ending or just any ending to the cancer storyline. I don't mind when comics take on real issues, but I wouldn't mind an injection of humor thrown in.

MRD

Funky Winkerbean depressing? I have to admit I haven't read it in some time, but it used to be one of my favorites.

I stopped reading the comics when all my favorites disappeared (Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes, Bloom County, For Better or Worse) and when Cathy got married and ruined a good comic.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It used to be one of mine, too. Now I hesitate to look at it, especially this week. I love For Better or For Worse, they show real-life issues too, but with a bit of humor.

A couple of years ago they tried to bring back Bloom County in our local paper, but people complained that they didn't "get" the humor and they dumped it.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

MRD

OK, not sure how to view this, but decided that it was at least partly humorous.

I went to the shrink today for my anti-depressant Rx. The woman is an idiot, I've seen that for a while, but as long as all I have to do is show up and I get a prescription for Wellbutrin, then I really don't need her for anything else. She keeps me in my supply of "happy pills" and I don't burden her with a lot of my problems, so I'm usually in and out in less than 10 min. I figure from what I've overheard in her waiting room, I'm one of her least problematic patients.

But I have to wonder if there are patients that actually do rely on her and how she must make them feel.

I walk in and she asks me what's been up since last month. I tell her that my doctors think I might have MS and that I also had hernia surgery on Fri. and I've been struggling with my health issues and she says:

"that's nice".

I know she did not hear one word I said. I'm now thinking of other outrageous things I can go in there with next month and see what she says in response. I know Newf will have some good suggesions as will others. So bring them on.

I mean, isn't her response a little like: "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

But I got what I went for and I really don't expect anything else out of her, so I'm not as upset as if it was my "real" doctor.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2459462;
    I mean, isn't her response a little like: "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

But I got what I went for and I really don't expect anything else out of her, so I'm not as upset as if it was my "real" doctor.
    Oh my goodness.

I'm so glad you see the humor in this, and don't depend on her for anything other than the Rx. Psychiatrists are often less touchy-feely than psychologists (and are thus often visited only for meds) but this is ridiculous! I feel very sorry for her other patients. I'd probably address it in a matter-of-fact way, 'cause I'm not very good with snappy comebacks. I look forward to reading some funny stuff here though.

My mother made me go see someone when I was in junior high. She wanted me to deal with my problems, while not working on her own...which were the cause of my problems to begin with... The lady was nice and she was missing an arm, which didn't bother me. What bothered me is she kept giving me assignments to do at home. I already had homework out the wazoo and when I wasn't doing homework, I had to help my step-dad around the farm. We had livestock that needed to be tended and a garden to till and when I wasn't doing those things, I had volleyball practice. I had no time. Then she would chastise me if I didn't have it completed. I resented her and it wasn't too long before I begged mom to let me quit.

In other news...my little guy has a nasty cold and he has given it to me. I woke up this morning with a runny nose and a scratchy throat. I'm hoping it passes quickly. I hate summer colds.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2459462;
    I know Newf will have some good suggesions as will others. So bring them on.
    Do you really want to get locked in the nut-house for life?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2459564;
    In other news...my little guy has a nasty cold and he has given it to me. I woke up this morning with a runny nose and a scratchy throat. I'm hoping it passes quickly. I hate summer colds.
    Hope you both feel better soon.

+ Reply to Thread