+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6579Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2458271;
    You'd be surprised that there is not a lot of discomfort. A lot depends on location, but after a few min., it almost becomes soothing. Something about the brains endorphins kicking in.

Mine was not bad at all. I was extremely surprised as I was expecting major pain and it didn't happen.
    Soothing? Oh, mrd, I dunno 'bout that!

I'll admit, mine hurt. A lot. In fact, I almost walked out of the shop with a short line on my hipbone, that's all. I got a swirly butterfly design - rather abstract - on my abdomen, in the hollow of my hip. When they started doing the outline, I was shocked by the stinging. But after a few more minutes of work, it did sort of numb up a little. It was still much more painful than I imagined it would be. I would never call it soothing.

You can only see the top part of mine in a bathing suit or low-rise pants, but otherwise it is entirely covered by normal clothing. It's not small. And it has a lot of lighter colors. The tattoo artist told me the stomach, especially over the hip bone, is the one of the most painful places on the body to get ink. Lower back ranked number one. He said shoulders typically aren't bad. Also, as I'm sure you know, Uncle David, they have to go over the areas of lighter colors more than one time, so when you choose yours, you might consider a darker color if the possibility of pain is an issue.

As for where the tat's will end up over time... yes, I wish sometimes that I had considered that before I rashly decided one weekend after my divorce was final to go to Dallas and get it done! Right now it's fine. I guess that's just another incentive to watch my weight! Stretched out, faded stomach tattoos sound ever so appealing, huh?

lei
    FORT Fogey

Uncle D if anyone there says boo you can always live in Hawaii where tats and shorts are pretty much the norm, even in most workplaces.

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2458398;
    on my abdomen, in the hollow of my hip.

Hollow? Hip? What's that?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2459133;
    Hollow? Hip? What's that?
    Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I might have one of those, but I think its hiding.

My tattoo was on a very fleshy part of me( upper chest to one side, just below my collarbone), so it really wasn't painful. A tad uncomfortble, but even that went away after a while.

I had an "evoked response test" recently where they put sensors on your fingers and shoot electricity through your arms to measure your nerve responses. Let me tell you, I'd get 100 tattoos rather than have to repeat that test. I felt like I had been tasered for 2 hours. The tat was definetly easier and quicker to get.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD-was that for carpel tunnel?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2459170;
    MRD-was that for carpel tunnel?
    No, they think I have MS and it was to check the nerves for "slowing down" in the responses. My test came back "abnormal" but of course, I am still waiting to hear the "official" report.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Properly know as the hollow of the hip it is also known as the lower abdomen and the pelvic area.
    Last edited by Amanda; 07-03-2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: removed hotlinked photo
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2459188;
    Properly know as the hollow of the hip it is also known as the lower abdomen and the pelvic area.
    Huh. I haven't seen one of those in the mirror in 21 years - aka the year before I got married .
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-03-2007 at 12:33 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2459188;
    Ya know, EVERYONE likes a little a**, but NO ONE likes a smart a**.

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't think I ever had one of those things or 2 of those things in my LIFE!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-03-2007 at 12:33 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2459201;
    Huh. I haven't seen on of those in the mirror in 21 years - aka the year before I got married .
    Yeah! I used to have two. One on each side.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread