+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6190Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

I love it, Uncle D! I think it would make a beautiful tat.

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh Lois, I would LOVE to get some rest, but seem incapable of sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time. I did get more sleep last night than the previous and I'm no longer on the pain meds, but I just can't get or stay comfortable. It's just an annoyance at this point and I am getting rest, just in short bursts throughout the day and night.
    I've finally been able to read and watch tv (think the horrible pain meds were the problem with the attention span).

I watched most of the Concert for Diana and couldn't believe it when they said Live Aid was 25 years ago. My gosh, it just doesn't seem possible.
    I do like that her sons seem to be carrying on her good works and they organized this concert. I heard where they asked Elton John to sing Candle in the Wind and he refused saying her funeral was the last time ever for that song. But his set was still good.
    I too enjoyed the Andrew Lloyd Webber bit and Rod the Bod. I LOVE him and he's still got it! I can't stand Kanye West, so I purposely missed that part.

People keep brining us food which has been SO nice, but I'm trying to be very careful eating so haven't been able to take advantage of what they've brought (eggplant parmesan and lasagna, both with salad and garlic bread. It's been an Italian weekend here. Oh, and Oatmeal cookies), but my family has enjoyed it. Particularly my husband who was up with me most of Sat. night and didn't get much sleep and then didn't have to cook. Except for the brownie and pimento cheese sandwich I had after the surgery on Fri., I've been doing soft food, soup, sugar free pudding, etc.

I am thankful that its over and appreciate all the well wishes I've gotten from everyone and I hope the sleeping thing continues to get better as I feel better. I know it will.

We have no plans for the 4th. I miss the big rodeo and parade, town BBQ and fireworks that we had growing up. When we moved from there to North Port, FL, they didn't do much of anything for the 4th, so usually we just BBQ-ed. Last year we got to watch the shuttle go up on the 4th.

I was looking forward to all the doings here that are planned, but probably will NOT go now. Depends on how I feel, but I don't want to overdo or get caught up in a crowd that might hurt my sore tummy.
    We will probably BBQ. Bobby Flay was on CBS Sunday Morning yesterday and did grilled corn with flavored butters that looked DIVINE, so might try that.

I will more than likely watch the Boston Pops as I LOVE that on the 4th.
    Furman University did a whole patriotic concert outside by the lake on Fri. and I would have loved to have been able to go to that. They did the 1812 overture that uses the military artillery in it. I just LOVE that one. Feels so patriotic to me.
    I am such a sap, I was getting teary-eyed watching CBS Sunday morning when they showed a piece on Charles Curralt and past 4ths. And how flags are made and the kids that get to go to camp free because their parents are serving overseas in the military. Those kids REALLY got to me. They are all so brave talking about their parents and hoping they get home safe and "with all their arms and legs".

I don't know why, but I get so emotional about all things patriotic and always get tears in my eyes during the national anthem and certain patriotic songs.

Well, am going to go try laying down again. It is still very early here, but I originally went to bed at 8 last night. I've been up and down several times since then, but am going to go lay down again before hubby's alarm goes off.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I missed all your excitement MRD, I'm glad you're on the mend. I'm sure it was the pain med. affecting your attention span - they do the same to me. If I'm on them for more than a few days I start hearing music. Usually Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Then I know it's time to step down to Tylenol !
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I love the tattoo design Uncle D. Go for it. MRD - does reading help take your mind off of it at all?
    Count your blessings!

MRD, thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2458056;
    I missed all your excitement MRD, I'm glad you're on the mend. I'm sure it was the pain med. affecting your attention span - they do the same to me. If I'm on them for more than a few days I start hearing music. Usually Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Then I know it's time to step down to Tylenol !

Sorry, but I would have to be really high on pain meds to think I heard Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass (talk about a flashback. I haven't thought about them in years. My parents had all their albums and played them on our "hi-fi" Now there's something else you don't hear about anymore either)

I can see it now Cricketeen: Back away from the drugs, and take Herb and the brass with you!

Gut-I purposely got light reading material knowing I wouldn't be able to remember or think much about the book. But I wasn't even able to read a full page. I would read it and then have no clue what I had just read. This was just plain weird as I've never had meds do me like this before. Usually I just pass out and sleep through them, but not this time. Listening to music (not Herb Alpert. ) was about the only thing that I could do for any length of time. It's been very stormy and rainy here since about 4 this morning, and I'm starting to feel really sleepy, so should go take advantage of it while I can. I love rainy days for sleeping.

Uncle David, LOVE the tattoo design. You'll have to post a photo of it when you do get it. Where are you thinking of having it placed?
    I'd love to get another tattoo, but the first one almost caused me to get divorced. I love watching Miami Ink, so I'll just live vicariously through the rest of you that are getting one.

My friend that is getting divorced and turning 40 in Sept., is getting one and wants me to go with her. She went with me when I got mine when I turned 40. She wants hers on her butt. That area would be my last choice I think. I will have to have strong willpower to not get another one. Oh well, at least I did get the one and it was one I REALLY wanted so I'm happy with it.
    Maybe I'll just get some temporary ones for when I'm feeling especially anti-establishment.

ETA: I put my ipod on shuffle this morning and its gone haywire and has only been playing Hank Williams, Sr. songs. If I were still on the pain pills, I might think I was having Cricketeens problem but with Hank.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-02-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well I am steaming mad here this AM.

I have one tomato plant out front which is a big deal for me, seeing as how I don't have a green thumb. It had 2 tomatos on it (the first of the season) that I was going to pick today. Guess what? They are gone. Missing. First time in my 15 years of living here I've had something stolen.

I've got a pretty good idea who did it. Last night there were some boys playing softball in front (cul-de-sac) at about 7 pm the dogs started barking up a storm. I though I heard someone come up close but didn't check-just kids I thought...but the tomatos were gone this morning. AND they left their bats in the front yard, as they do sometimes. Well, I've brought them inside...I'm thinking the ball is in my court now. What to do? Hmmm...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2458030;
    As to the henna art, I've been considering getting a tattoo for quite some time now. The image below is what it would look like. I thought it would be cool to do a henna tat first to try it out.

I love it. And I love the idea of trying it with henna first - if you end up not liking it, you haven't done anything permanent.

I got my henna designs done this weekend. It's more tame than I anticipated, much more so than the last time we did it! Very traditional, but not as "heavy" nor as busy. I'm going to try to take some pics this week and get them up. The color turned out very red light this time, which I actually like more than the last chocolate-colored set. This will be it for me this summer - school starts on the 21st of Aug and I have to become home-room/soccer mom again... wouldn't want to get "the look" from the kids' teachers.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2458117;
    I'm going to try to take some pics this week and get them up.
    I'm waiting with bated breath. I just can't wrap my head around my RG with large henna art on exposed surfaces.

ETA: For those of you who are wondering how this topic appeared out of thin air... look at RG's avatar. In the 'How/Why did you choose your avatar' thread her henna art avatar caused me to ask about henna tattoos. After taking on a life of it's own it was moved here.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 07-02-2007 at 10:30 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2458130;
    I'm waiting with bated breath. I just can't wrap my head around my RG with large henna art on exposed surfaces.
    Hee hee. What would you say if I told you about my real tat and my body piercings? It would ruin the "wholesome" image, huh?

+ Reply to Thread