+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6765Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

There is a 4 year old Hispanic boy missing in my area, since 3 p.m. yesterday, and no foul play is suspected. I don't get it. His mother says she saw him one minute, and the next minute, he was gone. No Amber Alert. Police and others are doing a door-to-door search, and general area search. They say he's been known to disappear. I can't get my mind on anything else. I would be losing my mind, if it were my child.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Since yesterday? Four years old? Where do they think a 4-year-old would go if he's missing for that long? I think I would prefer to err on the side of caution and issue an alert.

How incredibly sad. I think I'm going to go give my own 4-year-old a hug right now.

It sure puts our own little problems into perspective, doesn't it?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

They just said that the decision to issue an Amber Alert is made by the state police, and they haven't seen a need to do that. The local police funnel the info to the state police and, apparently, they do not consider him to be in imminent danger. How do you have a 4 year old missing for 30 hours and not consider him to be in imminent danger?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2457124;
    How do you have a 4 year old missing for 30 hours and not consider him to be in imminent danger?
    I don't get it. The whole thing. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2457113;
    It sure puts our own little problems into perspective, doesn't it?
    Yes, ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2457067;
    Lei - that picture of your babies is so cute!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2457124;
    They just said that the decision to issue an Amber Alert is made by the state police, and they haven't seen a need to do that. The local police funnel the info to the state police and, apparently, they do not consider him to be in imminent danger. How do you have a 4 year old missing for 30 hours and not consider him to be in imminent danger?
    Here they say they can't issue an Amber Alert unless they know or have a good idea of who the child is with. I think it is awful and that rule needs to change. Especially in cases like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2456508;
    I've had six cellphones over the last ten years and I adore my razr. I had to take advantage of the warranty twice, but att/cingular took care of it smoothly. I just like the design. I don't text, and a phone seems too small to internet for me.

My wallpaper is the only picture I ever took with the phone, it is of two of my babies snuggling:

My ring tone is Def Leppard:

[
    I like my Razr too. I am contemplating getting a monkey print clip on case to go on it. Cute pic! lol, I'd take one of my Mokie, but well... he, for some reason, hates my Razr. I'll just show it to him, and he'll walk 10 feet away and look at me like, "ok... you can sooooooooo put that away now"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2455936;
    Is anyone planning on getting the iphone today? Were you in line early this morning? I only use my cell phone for making calls and a few text messages. I don't use my internet browser. I only got that phone model because it was free with the plan I wanted.
    At $500, the iphone is really expensive and I've heard that the AT&T service can cost $100 a month. If I had to have one, I would wait until the price went down.

I was in Jersey yesterday at a pier and around 6 i saw a line formed outside the apple store inside the Pier. If i had $500 dollars, i wouldn't throw it down steve jobs' way. Hell no, i don't like him or his lame products. And i hate his face.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2457175;
    Here they say they can't issue an Amber Alert unless they know or have a good idea of who the child is with. I think it is awful and that rule needs to change. Especially in cases like this.
    That rule makes no sense at all. It definitely needs to be changed!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2457182;
    Cute pic!
    Thanks! Rainey (resting in peace) and Daniel were always snuggling. So sweet.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2456935;
    I have a turntable and lots of vinyl.

I can't believe how lazy I feel using them, though. All that fuss. We're almost all digitalized now. One thing's for sure, though -- album covers were so much better.
    I still have a turntable and vinyl and my laziness is that I have a multi CD player and an ipod, so playing my turntable is a pain as you have to GET UP and flip the album over after 5 songs. I'm used to getting at least 5 CD's listened to before I have to change them and my ipod, well, its got about 700 songs on it.

I love album art and would like to frame some of my albums.

I was watching Misson Organization on tv this afternoon and the house they were organizing, the husband had over 7500 albums and 3 turntables. Yes that was 7 thousand 5 hundred albums. I was drooling.

Miss Kitty, my attention span has been very short. I haven't been able to concentrate to read or watch tv. I loaded in a supply of books and movies before the surgery and I watch about 10 min. of something and I am done. Same with books. Read a page and I'm done. I just can't concentrate. I've mostly been laying around listening to my ipod.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

They are cancelling the door-to-door search for the 4 year old boy. They will be treating him like a missing person. They stopped last night at about 10 p.m. Still no Amber Alert since they don't think he was abducted.....and my question is, "So what?" The parents, who are divorced, are not suspects and seem to have a good relationship. They even work at the same place. I am sorry to be going on and on about this, but I am really bothered.

+ Reply to Thread