+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2456765;
    I see we're moving onto other forms of technology. For those who are technically inclined, MythTV is way better than TiVo and DVR. It's totally free, you can skip all commercials, searching and listing is easy, and storage is limited only by your hard disk. The catch -- while it's easy for an end-user, its setup and maintenance requires a Linux geek. Fortunately I have one of those. Anyone who might be interested feel free to PM.

mrd - you sound like you're still in good spirits today. So glad you're feeling well.
    Thanks. Today has not been quite as good as yesterday. More pain, itching from the pain meds. Nothing serious, not a dangerous allergic reaction, but one I get. I could scratch my nose off I swear.
    And the wound is bleeding a bit. The dr. is not concerned. I am not running fever, but have more swelling and pain, so am using an ice pack and taking it easy and not getting back in bed, too hard to get out of, so may spend the day and tonight in the recliner instead of getting flat on my back again like an upside down turtle.
    I am a little depressed this afternoon, but have gotten some bad news from a good friend, so I think that the combo of just generally not feeling great and hearing that. Just going to take it easy. Walk a bit and then relax. I'm using a cane we have just to push up with when I get out of a chair and to help me walk as today ALL my stomach muscles are sore and I'm walking kind of hunched because of it and the cane seems to give me more support.

I do get to take a shower today and am working up to that. But otherwise, everything is ok and nothing to worry about. Boredom seems to be my biggest problem as I still have no attention span and still can't sleep.

But I'm getting through it and should be back up to par soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Aww, mrd, I'm sorry it's a harder day. Not surprising you're down with all that going on. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. Hope you feel lots better soon

mauahahaha I snuck away from family to the library. I didn't know there was a library here .. imagine my surprise when I found internet access!

Weather is great here in Northern Manitoba. See you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2456811;
    Weather is great here in Northern Manitoba. See you soon.
    So that's where you are! Didn't you get all those horrible tornadoes and some flooding?!

MRD: I'm sorry you are not feeling so good today. I'm sure it will be a little while before you feel really good again. Can you read some books to keep the boredom away? Get hubby to rent some movies for you to watch?
    -----------
    Well, I'm still stuck in the old days with no cell phone etc. In fact, just this morning my evil twin sinister and I went across the city to get a new rubber band thingy for her turntable. Yes, I said "record-player"! She needs it to copy her LP's/records onto disk.

The guy at the electronic store warned us not to buy a tv set until after 2010. Then there will be a changeover and any tv with CRT tubes (?) will be useless.
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-30-2007 at 05:19 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cathode Ray Tubes. Picture tubes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

I have a turntable and lots of vinyl.

I can't believe how lazy I feel using them, though. All that fuss. We're almost all digitalized now. One thing's for sure, though -- album covers were so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2456935;
    I have a turntable and lots of vinyl.

I can't believe how lazy I feel using them, though. All that fuss. We're almost all digitalized now. One thing's for sure, though -- album covers were so much better.
    Yeah I could read them without a magnifying glass
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2456769;
    More pain, itching from the pain meds. Nothing serious, not a dangerous allergic reaction, but one I get. I could scratch my nose off I swear.
    Are you sure about that? Are you still on percocet? I was put on that when I burned my ankle from scalding hot water, and I woke up in the middle of the night itching from my scalp to my toes. I was completely covered in a rash and my throat was swelling - it was so bad I had to use my epi pen. Maybe you should call your doctor since it sounds like it's not agreeing with you, i.e. the itching and feeling edgy.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm with you! Any allergic reaction is serious to me. I'd be placing a call.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2456468;
    If I win the lottery, I still won't have a cell phone. I will make my personal assistant carry it. Well either personal assisant, cabana boy or "do" boy will carry it and I will instruct him to get the person on the phone and then hand it to me. Hey, its the lottery, why not go ALL out!
    Nice plan. Might have to steal that one.
    Lei - that picture of your babies is so cute!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread