+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mine doesn't have a camera either. The last phone I had didn't even have color images. The salespereson looked shocked when I said I don't play games on my phone. I'm glad my family isn't the only one who could still use no-frills phones.
    My pda is a paper appointment book and my stylus(sp?) is a pencil.

Nope. We have awhile before our contract with our current company runs out and we don't have the need to throw away cash for a cool new phone. Mine is pink, has a camera and allows me to keep track of my boys when they aren't home and lets me talk to my husband when he is on duty. I don't need bells and whistles.

Im not planning on getting the IPhone, I don't really want a phone that big. I do need a new phone however, because my camera on my phone sucks. I'm looking at getting the sync by samsung phone.. it has a camera and allows you to download actual music on your phone, I believe you can use it as your ringtones too. My cousin has one and I saw it and I LOVED it! now I just have to save up the money for it.

I didn't know they made such a thing as a cellphone ONLY. thats what I wanted but ended up up with a Razr simply because I wanted a large phone, but even that's small. I have big hands and these phones are getting too small.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I'll admit, I'd love to have one, but $500 for a cell phone is just not in the budget, now or ever, unless I win the lotto. I can't justify spending that kind of money on a toy.

My oldest daughter has had a cell since she started middle school, and that was a big deal to her then. Now, two years later, she takes the service for granted and wants all the bells and whistles on her new phone. We allow her one downloaded ringtone per month, 100 text messages, and around 500 minutes. She and I share minutes and have 1000 between us, and I usually don't use half. We think she should be pleased as punch that she has all this, but she wants to know why she can't use the internet on her phone and take and send pics, etc... Sometimes I wish we had waited to give her the phone, she seems so unappreciative anymore. The money we spent on her Razr and her service could be spent on many other things... like a new iphone for me!!

Both of my boys have cell phones. My oldest got screwed in the deal, though. His father had a spare and told him he could have it if he paid the $50 per month for it. We tried to convince him to wait because we had Nextel (his dad's server) but were very unhappy with it. We were switching to Sprint because Sprint bought out Nextel and we could switch without paying a default charge. He wanted the phone NOW, so he told his dad to activate it for him. Shortly after, we went and switched companies, got new phones and a third phone for my 15 year old was $30 for the phone and $10 extra dollars on the bill. He gets 500 minutes, no text messages and no internet services. We have 3 computers in this house....if he wants to talk to someone, he can call them. If he wants to e-mail someone, he can use a computer. We give my older son $10 a month toward his phone bill. He now pays $60 because he wanted text messaging and internet service. Now he wants to switch to ours but his dad said he can't until his contract is up, so he's stuck. My husband keeps telling him it's a lesson learned...

No iphones for us Canadians (yet). I wouldn't be able to afford it, anyway. I barely use the cellphone I have now.

On another note, we just got rid of cable today, so I'm relying on you forters to keep me up to date on the goings on of tv-land. We'll probably go back to the satellite dish this fall, but there's no point over the summer....this is supposed to be our "kick in the ass" so we'll get out and be more active. Hope it works!
    Don't let the small things sweat

MRD

My phone doesn't have a camera either. Oh wait, that's because I don't have a cell phone.

I saw someone on tv last week that was talking about the future of cell phones and that they would have devices in them that could read radioactivity, give biothreat warnings if it detects viruses in the air, etc., in them one day. I guess one day we won't need anything else but a cell phone as they will do it all. I may have to get one of those future phones.
    The radioactive, biothreat thing was kind of weird and scary to think that we might live in a world where such would be needed. I sure hope not.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd, how are you feeling? Glad to see you on here!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Hey, you seem to be in good spirits. How're you feeling after your procedure? FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!

+ Reply to Thread