+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I think one of my friends is a food snob. She will only eat locally grown, in-season, free-range products. I don't have a problem with that. I try to do that too, but I do have a problem with the way she asks the servers all of these questions before ordering her food. I think she means well, but it comes off as very condescending.

Leo
    Premium Member

mrd, I have to ask - have you talked to your landlord at all about this? I don't know if the original washer/dryer was yours or theirs, but you really ought to talk it over first.

MRD, here's a dryer I found to match the washer I had for you earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2455095;

My sister had one of those! I would go hang clothes for her and end up all tangled up in the middle. Of course, I was about 12...so.... I never got the 'hang' of it! Hey! If MRD can make punny's, so can I!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2455118;
    My sister had one of those! I would go hang clothes for her and end up all tangled up in the middle. Of course, I was about 12...so.... I never got the 'hang' of it! Hey! If MRD can make punny's, so can I!
    Would that be considered "dry" humor?

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2454892;
    Oh. The work involved! We remodeled the kitchen about 4 years ago. The cupboards were really nice but the color was too dark. We sanded and painted them, and they still look great. Our stove came with the house and it was ancient. And pea green. My FIL took it apart (its the kind that is built into the cabinets) and used car paint to paint it white. It looks awesome and even though it is probably at least 20-25 years old...it still works perfectly. To look at it..you'd never guess it used to be green or that it's car paint.

I've always wanted one of those cool looking stoves that look like an old timey one--but they're super expensive I'm way too cheap for that and where would I put it anyway?
    But now I find out car paint will work? Hmm...maybe I can paint the ole GE red...with flames!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rt1ky
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    I think one of my friends is a food snob. She will only eat locally grown, in-season, free-range products. I don't have a problem with that. I try to do that too, but I do have a problem with the way she asks the servers all of these questions before ordering her food. I think she means well, but it comes off as very condescending.
    Well, if she has to ask, the answer is probably "no"; most restaurants would use that as a selling point. So, take comfort in the fact that if they say "yes", she's probably being lied to often as not.
    Last edited by queenb; 06-28-2007 at 08:07 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2454542;
    Oh, yeah..some of the front-loader washers are around 800.00 to 1200.00 just for the washer. I think my next one will be another top-loader.
    You can get front loaders for less than that. I just replaced mine as well. I got stackables with a front load washer big enough to wash my comforter and it was less than $1000 delivered and installed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

mrd, have you tried freecycle.org (assuming there's a chapter in your area)? I'm always seeing washing machines on our local chapter.

And good luck tomorrow - hope you feel better soon.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2455095;

I kid you not, when I saw that outdoor clothesline contraption, I was able to immediately smell the wonderfully fresh smell of the clothes that dried on it! There is no smell like it!

I think they call that an olfactory memory!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2454779;
    I planted flowers in my washtub so I'm out of luck there.
    I've got 2 "warshtubs" full of flowers sitting in my front yard. I think that's the very best use for a wash tub except maybe to fill it up with ice and beer.

+ Reply to Thread