+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

There are lots of ads in our local newspaper for them for sale, too. I'm just kinda skeptical, but if I keep hearing good reports on them, that may be my next purchase, too! My current top loader is a 9 year old Maytag. I LOVE it. It washes really well..never a problem with it, so far..other than going off balance a lot.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2454680;
    When I bought my washer after moving into my house, that is exactly what I wanted and had to search high and low for one. I finally did find it at Montgomery Ward and it is an Admiral. But ya know what? Montgomery Ward is defunct and Maytag apparently doesn't make the Admiral brand any more. It's a great washer--never a moment of trouble in the nine years I've had it. (Of course, I've probably just jinxed myself. ) If you can find an Admiral used, I'd say go for it.
    We are seriously bummed here about Montgomery Ward going out of business. My husband has bought his work boots there for years. When they announced they were closing he went and bought boots in his size. He was able to get 3 pairs and made several years without having to go find a new brand.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

myrosiedog, the kitties and I are sending you lots of good thoughts and snuggles for successful surgery tomorrow (and better appliance luck in general!)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2454724;
    myrosiedog, the kitties and I are sending you lots of good thoughts and snuggles for successful surgery tomorrow (and better appliance luck in general!)
    Thanks. It seems like everything goes at once. The year we had been married 10 years, the microwave, coffee pot and a couple other things all broke around the same time too. I said then that every 10 years a couple needs a new wedding shower to replace everything.

It's only been 8 years this time, so either stuff is not lasting as long or we are seriously unlucky.

Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket. The luck HAS to change sooner or later right?

I'm going to tell y ou what, I'm through saying: Well next year has to be a better year because it never is. Maybe I should start saying well next year will be horrible and then I will be pleasantly surprised when it isn't.

lei
    FORT Fogey

mrd, stuff does seem to happen in clusters, good and bad! I dunno why life is like that. You have a great attitude, though.

myrosiedog: I'd try Sears for any brand they carry. And I'd ask them when their next sale is and what will be on sale. They can look it up and tell you the sale price. I had to wait only 2 weeks to save $100 on my dishwasher.

Thoughts and blessings with you for your surgery day! I'm sure your luck will change after that!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD - there are tons of washers under $500 at Lowes.

Check here:
    $400 - 600
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

MRD

Well, I'm leaving the washer up to hubby now. I will be in the hospital and recuperating and he can drag all over looking and checking sales. I will do ANYTHING to get out of an unpleasant task, huh?

(I just hate having to shop for things like this. I'd rather shop for shoes and cute handbags and clothes, not stupid appliances.)

Thanks for all the suggestions and support. Hubby is THE consumer reports guru here anyway, so I don't even know why I need to go along. He knows what we need and I don't really care as long as it washes and I can put my comforter in it. It could be pink with purple polka dots and I wouldn't care.
    Lowes and a few other places are on his list for this weekend.

I'm just complaining about even having to buy one. It's not so much that the price is the problem, its just that I would rather not have to spend the money on that. I want to spend the money on other fun stuff. Laundry is NOT fun. That is my most dreaded chore and the one I will give up first when I do win the lottery.

Thanks again for the support for tomorrow.

MRD, one of my customers works here http://www.columbuswashboard.com/ I could get you a great deal.

MRD

Really? Just how good of a deal can you get me? I bet I could even afford TWO!

I am because I actually have one of those hung up in my laundry room as "decor". May have to get it down, but I planted flowers in my washtub so I'm out of luck there.

+ Reply to Thread