+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6518Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Premium Member

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We get most of our large appliances at Sears and I know you can get a decent washer for under $400. I prefer a top loader anyway because I just think it's easier without having to bend over to load and unload.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/subca...ndicator=false

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sear's Kenmores have always been good, reliable products, IMO.

Spider question: If you get a bite.....how do you KNOW that it is a spider bite?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You look for a spider rubbing his belly and using his little spider napkin...
    Seriously, if it's shaped like a bullseye, go to the doctor immediately. (brown recluse bite, which will rot your flesh) Other than that, I don't know.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2454550;
    We get most of our large appliances at Sears and I know you can get a decent washer for under $400. I prefer a top loader anyway because I just think it's easier without having to bend over to load and unload.
    Im with you, Marleybone. I have seen a friend have to stoop over to get clothes into her fornt loader machine. She says thats the only drawback..but I still am not convinced they can clean really really dirty work clothes like my husband's clothes with so little water. I know it keep coming in repleneshing the water that is already in there, but it would constantly be black water, with my husband's dirty clothes!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD

Sears was the FIRST place we looked and found nothing under $500.

Now with me going in for surgery tomorrow, I'm not sure what we are going to do about it.

We've been several places and no one has just a plain old regular washer anymore. I don't need 500 settings. I just want one that is large enough to do my bed comforter in. We may go for something used out of the paper that is cheap and will tide us over until we can get something more permanent. 2 weeks without a washer has been a pain (and a joy as I don't feel guilty that I haven't done any wash, because I can't! ) and I hate the laundrymat. UGH.

We are having a bad appliance karma problems. In the last month, we have had to replace the microwave, the cordless phones and now the washer. The ac has gone out in my car and my daughter knocked over my curio cabinet and broke 4 antique teacups that are not replacable. I broke one of my favorite pampered chef stone pans the other night and the necklace I wear all the time, the chain broke.
    I'm really starting to feel like bad luck Shcleprock here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hopefully, your luck will change soon, myrosiedog!!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2454608;
    Spider question: If you get a bite.....how do you KNOW that it is a spider bite?
    I wouldn't know how to explain how I know what they are. I do know, though, because in our former, spidery old house I used to wake up in the morning with bites in January and February when there was nothing active but spiders. And because I attract spiders like nobody's business (I used to sit on a bench outside my office building reading sometimes until the fifth time a giant black spider crawled up my shirt - never happened to anyone else I know), I developed a real familiarity with them. So now when I'm covered with bites from mosquities, noseeums, black flies and spiders, I can distinguish which is which, lucky me.

One thing, though - they generally aren't itchy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Myrosiedog- have you tried Craigslist?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2454670;
    Myrosiedog- have you tried Craigslist?
    Actually I have looked there everyday. It's not real active here for some reason. I mean, very, very few ads posted in this area.

What I have found interesting is that those new front loaders are in the classifieds a LOT. The ads usually read: less than 1 year old.

So it makes me wonder why so many people are getting rid of them so quickly after buying them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2454666;
    We've been several places and no one has just a plain old regular washer anymore. I don't need 500 settings. I just want one that is large enough to do my bed comforter in.
    When I bought my washer after moving into my house, that is exactly what I wanted and had to search high and low for one. I finally did find it at Montgomery Ward and it is an Admiral. But ya know what? Montgomery Ward is defunct and Maytag apparently doesn't make the Admiral brand any more. It's a great washer--never a moment of trouble in the nine years I've had it. (Of course, I've probably just jinxed myself. ) If you can find an Admiral used, I'd say go for it.

+ Reply to Thread