+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2453287;
    Now with me, it's tarantulas and worms....
    Sorry to double post, but had to add my phobia is flying or jumping insects. Those that can get on you in about .2 seconds. I hate that. I mean, I hate that. Give me a worm any day, but a jumping spider? No way.

I Is Stephanie

I'll broaden. If it doesn't have any legs (fish not included), or if it has more than 4 legs (octopi not included) then I don't like it at all. I don't believe that I've ever met a four-legged creature that I didn't agree with.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2453294;
    Sorry to double post, but had to add my phobia is flying or jumping insects. Those that can get on you in about .2 seconds. I hate that. I mean, I hate that. Give me a worm any day, but a jumping spider? No way.
    A few weeks ago I did a mini-freak because I saw an enormous spider on the side of the house. Mr. Rattus got all fascinated and started pointing out its more "beautiful" features, and then he got a stick and started playing with it, all the while saying "oh, look at him jump. Look, he's rearing up - he's a fighter he is. What a great spider." - just like he's a pet. So I went on-line to see what kind of spider it was (it was a Daring Jumping Spider), which apparently has a history of being anthropomorphized. Craziness, I tell ya. Anthropomorphizing a cat is one thing (my boys are nearly human), but a spider?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Have any of you ever thrown/gone to an adult slumber party? I have a friend that throws one once/year (when her husband is out of town), in the Fall, and we have a ball! We manage to bring music from whatever era was our favorite, have great food, and gab and laugh the night away! Crazy dancing, singing, whatever mood hits! If you haven't done it...you should! Nobody sleeps on the floor, though!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I looked that up, and that is one scary looking spider. It being a jumper and all, plus the evil green fangs and the hairy body, I'd have smacked the mister for even thinking about "playing" with it. Beautiful features? Hmph!

I'm guilty of walking and brushing. Sorry but that's 2 minutes of wasted time three times a day!! I can put something in the dishwasher, pick up laundry.. whatever. I guess I'm just a multi-tasker.

lei
    FORT Fogey

It's early morning here and I see this party gets started earlier. Thanks for the morning camaraderie and giggles. Especially for that classic gif, Unk.

CCL

Re: Obnoxious charities

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2453268;
    Aw, I can't believe you remembered! Or maybe I made such a big stink about it that you couldn't help but remember! I am deathly afraid of mice...And even ads for the movie "Ratouille" makes me cringe...
    Honestly, who thought that would make a good movie? If I found a rat in my kitchen I'd be screaming bloody murder. I wouldn't think it was so cute if he started putting spices in my spaghetti sauce.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Well I wouldn't want rats or mice in my house, I think the movie looks cute. I am sure its been made to garner the rather large audience that watches the Food network now (and children, ). Who knew cooking shows would become so danged popular as they have become in recent years, with the chefs becoming major celebs.
    I probably wouldn't go see it in the theater, but I would watch it if it came on my tv.

I hate tree frogs. They fall into that jumping category and they are slimy and have those weird suction feet and they jump on you and scare you into dancing around like Elaine from Seinfeld. Or at least they do me. Nothing else in the non-human world creeps me out more than those frogs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

There used to be tons of those frogs down at my grandfather's place on the lake. My cousin and I used to trek around all weekend catching them and seeing who could catch the most. They're actually soooo cute, if you ask me. Well, alive they are. After they've been handled by two kids for two or three days straight, they develop these mysterious symptoms like no longer jumping when prodded, changing from their usual vibrant colors to drab, pale hues, and often going belly up when we gave them "drinks" in the water dish.

They're not as abundant anymore. On a recent visit, my daughters and I set out looking for some and were able to find one. That saddens me for some reason. And I don't have to tell them to put on their shoes before trekking across the yard and to watch out for snakes or to be careful exploring the creek and to not pick up the red-headed turtles.... They get the cleaned-up, modernized version of lake-life without all the wilderness fun we had as kids. The land was only partly cleared when we were younger so there was plenty of exploring left to do!

+ Reply to Thread