+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6256Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have an answering machine so i mostly get wrong # phone calls then telemarketers. Mostly i like it if they just hand up before getting to my machine, seriously, don't waste my time.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Before I signed up for that don'tcall.gov thing, I was bombarded with telemarketers. I had two things I would do depending on the time of day. If they called at dinner time, which they often did, I always told them we were eating dinner as a family and if they could give me their number, I'd call them back tomorrow during dinner time. Most of them were speechless.. The other thing I did was to ask them to hang on for a minute, then I'd lay the phone down and grab the vacuum and run it. By the time I got back to the phone, the floor was clean and the annoying beeping that says someone has hung up was present...

lei
    FORT Fogey

I love it, katgib!

I'm so stupid department:

I have a two tiered sink. On the right, is the short tier, and it has a garbage disposal, which I use. On the left, there is a deep sink, with a regular drain.

Every few days, I use dish washing liquid (not for a dishwasher, regular dish detergent) in the right side, run the disposal, and rinse the drain.

I never use the other side of the sink. I don't wash dishes there, or anything else. Still, I have an odor coming from that side. When I rinse the right side with detergent, and run the disposal, I do get a small amount of suds that back up. I'm on the ground floor of a 5 story building, just as a piece of information.

While the odor is faint, it's annoying. My sink (on either side) is not backed up, there is no blockage, there's just this faint odor coming from the side that doesn't have the disposal.

Any suggestions for odor removal, beyond the obvious baking soda?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I've heard lemons work...just cut one up and feed it to the disposal. I haven't had much luck with that method, but others have. There is a product (I found it at Wal-Mart) that is for disposals. It's a little tab you drop in with the water trickling and the disposal on. It bubbles up into a frothy blue foam and it smells really good. It also bubbles up on the other side of my sink where I also get the worst of the odor. I'm going to do a search and see if I can find the product I'm talking about. I can't remember what it's called and I'm currently out.

Okay...I can't find the exact product but the below link has some ideas and 3 links towards the bottom. There are products for disposals within the links. Some look pretty good!

Goodbye Smelly Garbage Disposal | BeJane.com

Edit: Ok. The product I use is the Disposer Care. I guess I didn't look hard enough the first time..lol
    Garbage Disposal Cleaner at AlwaysBrilliant.com
    Last edited by katgib13; 06-26-2007 at 09:04 PM.

bleah.. I am supposed to be packing at the moment, but I'm not. I seem to be in full procrastination mode. My husband called last night and he is not enjoying himself so it makes me that much less excited to join him and my daughter at my inlaw's.
    My mp3 player is only accepting 60 songs for some stupid reason, I still have laundry in the dryer and it's 30C here right now and stupidly humid. bleah.

I guess someone will be offering me some cheese with this whine.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2452747;
    ....There is a product (I found it at Wal-Mart) that is for disposals. It's a little tab you drop in with the water trickling and the disposal on. It bubbles up into a frothy blue foam and it smells really good....
    I found one of those there just last week, and it works great! This one is called "Disposer Care" and it comes in a 6 packet package. Even though I don't need it again yet, I kinda can't wait to do it again. I guess I'm easily amused.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2452797;
    bleah.. I am supposed to be packing at the moment, but I'm not. I seem to be in full procrastination mode. My husband called last night and he is not enjoying himself so it makes me that much less excited to join him and my daughter at my inlaw's.
    My mp3 player is only accepting 60 songs for some stupid reason, I still have laundry in the dryer and it's 30C here right now and stupidly humid. bleah.

I guess someone will be offering me some cheese with this whine.
    Did you say cheese? Look at the bright side. You haven't seen your lovely daughter in almost a week and I'm sure you miss her. You'll get to see each other in a bit.

I am having so much fun with my nieces! We've gone on bike rides, to the pool, to the library, out to lunch and many other fun things. Tomorrow, I have to go to get my tags renewed so I am packing my picnic basket and we are going to the big park in town. I'm going to take a book and let them play until they drop... Thursday, the library is having a scavenger hunt so we'll be doing that. Today they had craft day and the kids loved that! They painted sun catchers, made bracelets and painted cloth dragonflies. A friend of mine was there making balloon animals, so all the kids got one of those as well.

They leave on Sunday. Their mom is picking them up and dropping off their older sister. So next week will be the dance parties and sleepovers. The older one is 14 and has made quite a few friends in this area that she keeps in touch with. I doubt I will have one day where I don't have at least 10 kids running through my house. Most of them staying the night. I always make virgin pina colodas for them, tons of snacks and rearrange the furniture so there is a 'dance floor' in the middle of the living room. It's great fun! I always lose 5-8 lbs when she is here! We bike, walk, dance, swim....it's constant motion the whole time she is here. I'm so excited!

You all are invited to the sleepover! Only requirement....you have to wear character jammies. Mine are Eeyore!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personally, I want to see the dance party!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread